ADVERTISEMENT

Hoffman Estates vs. PR

@Quags57 how do you feel about donatucci not coaching this team? I feel like he's the guy who turned the program around and yet he is still without a semifinal appearance. Nothing against heyse because he is great but donatucci was the perfect guy to turn them around. Might be the best coach never to win a title.

When Tooch came to Hoffman, he said it would be for 4 years. he not only changed the culture on the football team, but in the school as well.

He wanted to stay on as a defensive coordinator, but the district would not let him. That's how he ended up at Hersey, where he did a great job with their defense.

Hersey played Hoffman this year and each kid from Hoffman went up to him after the game and embraced their former coach.

I know he is happy for the players and people at Hoffman. And Heyse and his staff are doing a fantastic job.

Reactions: kpjasion
In a vacuum, HEHS makes this a game just because of their speed and passing game. This weather isn’t exactly a vacuum, however.

4:00pm game time looks like a huge benefit for HEHS. This snow/rain is predicted to be out of here by 3:00pm.

When Tooch came to Hoffman, he said it would be for 4 years. he not only changed the culture on the football team, but in the school as well.

He wanted to stay on as a defensive coordinator, but the district would not let him. That's how he ended up at Hersey, where he did a great job with their defense.

Hersey played Hoffman this year and each kid from Hoffman went up to him after the game and embraced their former coach.

I know he is happy for the players and people at Hoffman. And Heyse and his staff are doing a fantastic job.

I hadn't heard about him wanting to stay as DC, that's interesting. When Palatine's program went into the wilderness for close to a decade after Petricca "stepped down", a lot of people think it had to do with the fact Petricca was still around at Palatine. His aura was so big, and players loyal to him would go to him for input instead of the new head coach, etc. Maybe that was HE's thinking with Donatucci?

I hadn't heard about him wanting to stay as DC, that's interesting. When Palatine's program went into the wilderness for close to a decade after Petricca "stepped down", a lot of people think it had to do with the fact Petricca was still around at Palatine. His aura was so big, and players loyal to him would go to him for input instead of the new head coach, etc. Maybe that was HE's thinking with Donatucci?
No the district has a policy that basically forces out retirees to allow younger coaches to step in and coach.

Can Naz slow Samson down?
Begs to be answered along with the ones we’ve been hearing...
Can Naz slow down the SHG run and up tempo game?
Can Naz stop the physical OLine from Provi from wearing them down?
Can Naz go on the road to SHG and Provi to get to Dekalb?

We shall see...

Naz 35 PR 28
I wanna see the weather first before making my prediction. PR is very good but they are beatable. Whether Naz can do that remains to be seen but with ideal late November weather conditions it could get interesting.

I wanna see the weather first before making my prediction. PR is very good but they are beatable. Whether Naz can do that remains to be seen but with ideal late November weather conditions it could get interesting.
What weather would you suggest puts PR at a disadvantage?....... i’ll get the popcorn!

Reactions: Coachbell88
Let’s see a team that primarily runs the ball playing on turf. Unless Armageddon is coming I would say no weather would mess with PR

What weather would you suggest puts PR at a disadvantage?....... i’ll get the popcorn!
I guess they’re just completely unbeatable. I’ll alert Naz, they can save a lot of time and effort by just turning in their stuff now.

I guess they’re just completely unbeatable. I’ll alert Naz, they can save a lot of time and effort by just turning in their stuff now.
You didn’t answer my question, you just change the subject.
OK, how about this.
What weather would you suggest gives Nazareth and advantage?

OK, how about this.
When you ask question with an aura of invincibility you’ll get douchebag responses. Why bother responding when you clearly think PR is unbeatable?

Two very good 6A teams will be playing next Saturday. The team that forces the other one to make more mistakes will win.
I was noticing the size advantage HE had on O line and D line. I was concerned that would wear down PR late in the game. As the game progressed it seemed that advantage was no longer a factor.

OK, how about this.
Naz has lots of talent and playmakers. PR is very good, I fully expect PR to do some good things on offense. Naz D is fantastic but stopping the best option team in state (when they haven’t seen one) is a tall order. Naz will need to score some points, there are definite mismatches Naz has in the offensive skill department. If the weather is dry and less windy than today Naz may be able to take advantage of those mismatches downfield and on the edges, they will have to in order to win this game. Will Naz be able to? I don’t know but a dry/calm afternoon would be ideal for Nazareth O.

Naz has lots of talent and playmakers. PR is very good, I fully expect PR to do some good things on offense. Naz D is fantastic but stopping the best option team in state (when they haven’t seen one) is a tall order. Naz will need to score some points there are definite mismatches Naz has in the offensive skill department. If the weather is dry and less windy than today Naz may be able to take advantage of those mismatches downfield and on the edges, they will have to in order to win this game. Will Naz be able to? I don’t know but a dry/calm afternoon would be ideal for Nazareth O.
Thank you!

I wasn’t talking to you and I didn’t say he was a douche I was referring to my comment.
PR, mt Carmel old JC are the weather proof programs, curious what weather would put PR at a disadvantage.
When it comes to high school football this late in the season, while I think PR is overwhelming favorite, PR will have 15-25 kids playing not talented enough to play at the next level and major mistakes by any of them can swing the game 7-14 pts at a time.

Two very good 6A teams will be playing next Saturday. The team that forces the other one to make more mistakes will win.
I was noticing the size advantage HE had on O line and D line. I was concerned that would wear down PR late in the game. As the game progressed it seemed that advantage was no longer a factor.

Size advantage to Hoffman"s line? What game were you watching? Not the same game I was.

I was tremendously impressed with Jenkins (6-4, 280). Iowa is getting a good one.

Last edited:
Size advantage to Hoffman"s line? What game were you watching? Not the same game I was.

I was tremendously impressed with Jenkins (6-4, 280). Iowa is getting a good one.
I looked through the rosters and the weight advantage is not what I perceived it to be. By bad.

I thought Naz handled the weather today (and trust me it sucked) well and played power football as well as I could have expected FWIW

But has any team besides PR or CG been there? I think that's the point being made. Top heavy and nothing else.

Guess what, you can say that ABOUT most conferences...especially non- catholic. My gawd...that would make the MSL-West REALLY bad since they haven't had A team, much less two, in the finals in how many years?

But the FOX having nothing else?
Huntley is a very good team, and Jacobs usually does well in post season too. You don't know how good Central really was this year since PR took them out round 1. Yet we, or sorry, Cary fist pounded your CCL Prep Bowl participant and lost to the #1 6A team by 1 point and in the playoffs by an act of god. South will be a better team next year, and McHenry is only 1 year removed from making the playoffs. Hampshire and Dundee, I got nothing there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolffan64
Score of Naz-PR?

Katie-Nolan-Annoyed-While-Drinking-Some-Wine-On-Guyism.gif

it's coming

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT