ADVERTISEMENT

Hinsdale Central 17 @Glenbard West 20. Final / OT

Leggo24

Oct 6, 2018
who has the edge here? I’ll be in attendance, love this particular setting for HS football.

This is the first real test for either of these teams since week 1. Both teams have play makers on both sides of the ball.
GW definitely has the edge, especially at their home field, but I expect an instant classic.

great game. I feel central was slightly better. Got jagged on a few huge calls. Both these teams can probably hang with anyone.

Really? Really?

Great first post. Hopefully your last. Great game by two great teams. A couple of non-calls too that mattered...in the end it was the teams on the field not the officiating crew. Both teams should be proud and West WAS slightly better...as the scoreboard reflects it. HC QB and receivers played outstanding.

Good luck to both in playoffs.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
That was a very well played games by both teams. Obviously both teams had great game plans, and made very good in game adjustments. GW definitely took away the run from HC. Congrats to the Hitters. Go Red Devils!

Reactions: SoCliche
great game. I feel central was slightly better. Got jagged on a few huge calls. Both these teams can probably hang with anyone.
I don’t think they got jagged at all. Refs don’t call illegal formations without a reason. Holding, maybe. PI is always up for interpretation. Overall, IMO, the game was officiated pretty evenly.

Reactions: SoCliche
Classic smash mouth WSS. Intense game. Fantastic conference championship showdown. Wouldn’t wanna see either team early in the playoffs. May not have a lot of power 5 kids coming in from all over but those teams both got real heart. Both teams wanted that one badly. Proud of the WSS today.

I don’t think they got jagged at all. Refs don’t call illegal formations without a reason. Holding, maybe. PI is always up for interpretation. Overall, IMO, the game was officiated pretty evenly.

the pickup the flag on 4th and 1 was obscene and the call back on the 60 yard pass was also real bad. Like I said in the OP. Both teams played really well. Either team could have won. Overall it looked to me like Central was a little better especially in terms of ceiling.

the pickup the flag on 4th and 1 was obscene and the call back on the 60 yard pass was also real bad. Like I said in the OP. Both teams played really well. Either team could have won. Overall it looked to me like Central was a little better especially in terms of ceiling.
Wasn’t the 4&1 pick up because HC called Time Out before the snap?

Either way, I agree, both teams played really well.

This was a great game, much closer than I thought it'd be. The HC defense played a big game, especially the D-line. They kept the GW offense confused and under pressure for the first 3 quarter. They were a big difference maker for HC to keep them in the game. Well done! And I thought this was the best coached HC team I've seen in 11 years. IMHO, GW won the game due to their defense, which played really well throughout the game but especially in OT (big stand by those kids). They were forced to defend the entire field against some very good receivers and a terrific QB. Game balls should probably go to both defenses.I thought both teams were running out of gas in the 4Q, and each made critical errors on key drives. I hope that both coaching staffs and the kids learned a lot in this game and can carry those lesson into week 10 and beyond. At a minimum, both teams should clear their calendars through week 13. Let's see who can get to 14!

IMHO, I think HC told us a lot regardless of the W. No?
I think so. This is not the same D that played York or DGN. Getting the NG and FS back was huge! And it seems the MLB position from week 2 has finally been filled. Hopefully the other Safety is able to play this coming week.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Agreed here. Where is @capnbillhitters? Smoking a Cohiba on his yacht with a glass of Louis XIII at his side, savoring the flavor of a Hitter victory?

Didn't you get the memo? I turned in my Bentley, hawked off my Arabians, sold the mansion and pulled a reverse Beverly Hillbillies. Heck, I can't even stream games online given the ancient circuitry of my mountain top cabin. The natives around here tend to be well armed, but gentle (except for Friday night when old Blue cooks up a new batch and we hear the gun shots dusting up from the valley below.) I'm 90 minutes from any city with a population greater than 20k.

But yes, to answer your question. I did enjoy my Hitters standing their ground when an obviously talented and determined HC showed up throwin heat on Duchon. My only hope is that we can avoid that trip up to Six Flags country in the post season. I hear they have an OK defense.

capn:

While I marvel at your Mother Teresa-esque rejection of worldly goods, I want to let you know how shocked I was at HC's persistence Saturday. I had predicted a dominating performance from your Hilltoppers, a forecast you had seconded. We almost ended up with egg on our faces.

Heck, I can't even stream games online given the ancient circuitry of my mountain top cabin.

Are you able to tune in Radio Free Idaho?

capn:

While I marvel at your Mother Teresa-esque rejection of worldly goods, I want to let you know how shocked I was at HC's persistence Saturday. I had predicted a dominating performance from your Hilltoppers, a forecast you had seconded. We almost ended up with egg on our faces.

Are you able to tune in Radio Free Idaho?

Downloading the audio player now. My tracker says it should be complete in 27 minutes, so I'll let you know after I get the player installed.

Yes, egg on face indeed. I guess I forgot how tough HC has played the Hitters on Duchon in recent years.Back in '15 it took a miracle 14 yard one-handed catch by Sammy Brodner on 4th & 12 to escape an upset bid by an HC that had a Div 1 level O-line.

Those kids obviously have heart and, with a new coach on board, might be a tough out in 8A.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
ADVERTISEMENT