ADVERTISEMENT

High School "Club" football teams will be playing in the spring in Illinois

Well, I spent 20 minutes looking for Antioch club football info and it does not seem to exist online.
Hinsdale Central Falcons club football is offering something called Flex Football for the spring for high school-age players. However, it is two-hand touch football.
I can't find anything on facebook or twitter or anywhere online promoting any organization's plan for high school tackle football this spring. I'd love to read about the plan, and I'm not talking just about insurance or field availability, which obviously are going to be challenges. I am interested in how to train these high school kids so they understand how to play game correctly and safely, and how to divide players into let's say 30-man teams for current juniors/seniors and 30-man teams for freshman/sophomores. You obviously cannot let freshmen play with seniors. I just want to read about the plan. I can't find it, so please just leave the internet address that has the info and then I can read how this whole thing is going to work. Thank you.

Well, I spent 20 minutes looking for Antioch club football info and it does not seem to exist online.
Hinsdale Central Falcons club football is offering something called Flex Football for the spring for high school-age players. However, it is two-hand touch football.
I can't find anything on facebook or twitter or anywhere online promoting any organization's plan for high school tackle football this spring. I'd love to read about the plan, and I'm not talking just about insurance or field availability, which obviously are going to be challenges. I am interested in how to train these high school kids so they understand how to play game correctly and safely, and how to divide players into let's say 30-man teams for current juniors/seniors and 30-man teams for freshman/sophomores. You obviously cannot let freshmen play with seniors. I just want to read about the plan. I can't find it, so please just leave the internet address that has the info and then I can read how this whole thing is going to work. Thank you.
What

The only way club football team can get off the ground is to have program like Boom to put the call out for an all star team to travel to other states.I know a lot of people would throw big money for there kid to play the best.Many schools are traveling to other states to play quality teams nowadays.

Reactions: colin2229 and NDSox
If successful, could there be any ramifications of this post-pandemic? In the future, could we see club football similar to soccer where students can't compete for their school if they play for the club?

I know there will not be a club in every neighborhood, but I can envision a few "elite" teams per state that travel every weekend. It may not be far-fetched.

If successful, could there be any ramifications of this post-pandemic? In the future, could we see club football similar to soccer where students can't compete for their school if they play for the club?

I know there will not be a club in every neighborhood, but I can envision a few "elite" teams per state that travel every weekend. It may not be far-fetched.
Unlikely. The allure of Friday night lights can not be matched in a club setting.

Reactions: AmbroseBlack
Everyone knows football change is coming with participation way down before covid hit,so what the future landscape of Hs football will be is unknown, I could see also similar to hockey where schools combine together to form a club team also.There are some schools that have been powerhouses for the last 20 to 30 yrs that are worried about fielding a freshman team in the near future.

I think someone on here mentioned about the Kankakee bulldogs playing a full out of state schedule. I will say this, it was recently done and successfully for a freshman level(14U) team recently. The team was made up of freshman players from MC, Rita, providence,BR, Marist, LW east, & Hillcrest. They were able to play in 2 out of state tournaments totaling close to 8 games. My son was on the team and they had an amazing time and won both of the tournaments held in Texas and Georgia. We paid for indoor practice facilities and the tournaments along with the cost to get there, but this was an amazing experience for these boys whom had their freshman seasons postponed.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
Anyone know much about the academic side of these all-star athlete boarding schools? Are teachers recruited as well, for example? Are multiple rigors of instruction available?
I umpire baseball. Last summer I was talking to a kid who spent his sophomore year at IMG. His parents were not letting him go back because "they wanted him to learn something in school"

I umpire baseball. Last summer I was talking to a kid who spent his sophomore year at IMG. His parents were not letting him go back because "they wanted him to learn something in school"
This schedule wasn't rigorous enough?!?! 🤣

SAMPLE SCHEDULE
Morning Academics / Afternoon Athletics

BREAKFAST 6:45 - 7:45 am

PERIOD 1 7:45 - 9:05 am

PERIOD 2 9:10 - 10:30 am

ADVISORY PERIOD 10:30 - 10:55 am

PERIOD 3 11:00 - 12:20 pm

LUNCH 12:25 - 1:05 pm

SPORT TRAINING & PERFORMANCE 1:10 - 5:45 pm

DINNER 5:50 - 6:50 pm

EVENING STUDY PROGRAM 7:30 - 9:00 pm