ADVERTISEMENT

HAPPY VETERANS WEEKEND FELLOW VETS!!

Thanks for your service and reminding us of the sacrifices made by all veterans. Let’s have a ball tomorrow and keep things in perspective. Game on!

Reactions: McCaravan
Before the games begin, and some of us get nasty, To all my fellow Vets and to the countless former Illinois High School Players that have or are currently serving our country, HAPPY Veterans Weekend
McCaravan
United States Marine Corps
1989-1997
Semper Fi
Thank you for your service!!

Before the games begin, and some of us get nasty, To all my fellow Vets and to the countless former Illinois High School Players that have or are currently serving our country, HAPPY Veterans Weekend
McCaravan
1989-1997
Semper Fi
Thank you for your service my friend.

USAF - Staff Sergeant - 66-70
Cold War - 57th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, Keflavik, Iceland
436th - Communications & Electronics Maintenance - Military Airlift Command - Dover AFB, Delaware
Avionics Technician "Around the World Around the Clock"

Thanks to all the veterans and their families

McCaravan
1989-1997
Semper Fi

Thanks for being at everyone's service.

I'm not a vet, but my dad is. ND class of '57, served in the U.S. Army 58-62 and was with Special Forces advising Hmong tribesmen in Laos.

Thanks for being at everyone's service.

I'm not a vet, but my dad is. ND class of '57, served in the U.S. Army 58-62 and was with Special Forces advising Hmong tribesmen in Laos.
Wow Simon!!! He must have been one helluva soldier as getting into Special Forces was an accomplishment in and of itself. My dad volunteered in WWII after his brother was shot and wounded in the Battle of the Bulge. He had three sons and me in the oven when he went in the Navy (seabees).

What a great thread recognizing all those who served and the many who gave their lives for this great country. Thanks McCaravan for starting the thread!

[QUOTE="Gene K., . He had three sons and me in the oven when he went in the Navy (seabees).
[/QUOTE]
Gene - I haven't heard "in the oven" in 40 years. Thanks, I really got a kick out of that.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT