ADVERTISEMENT

GW @ LA

Fun fact:

“Glenbard West beat only three teams during the regular season that made the playoffs, two of which lost in the first round. Its 10 opponents are a combined 45-49.”

Wow, just wow. West should be embarrassed to be the #2 seed (that's random right, like the lotto balls?) in 8A even with 7A enrollment. If I am West, I forfeit now...embarassing. Also uncool how their starters played only 2 full games...explains the 462-69 point differential...if only Maine South's QB had played that second half and more than likely scored 162 points....blah, blah, blah. ;) (added wink wink nudge nudge). For shame Hitters, go home!

Wow, just wow. West should be embarrassed to be the #2 seed (that's random right, like the lotto balls?) in 8A even with 7A enrollment. If I am West, I forfeit now...embarassing. Also uncool how their starters played only 2 full games...explains the 462-69 point differential...if only Maine South's QB had played that second half and more than likely scored 162 points....blah, blah, blah. ;) (added wink wink nudge nudge). For shame Hitters, go home!

I know right! I'm changing my prediction to LA winning based on these posts.

Just kidding. I'm sticking with the Hitters. I really have nothing better to do than bust stones and troll posts these days. My team got bounced in Round 1, the Bears are a disaster, ditto for the Black Hawks and Bulls. I'm a one man dumpster fire waiting to happen.

I haven't posted a lot in the past, just want people to know it's all good!
We’re good brother! Should be a great game Saturday! I just had emergency surgery so I’ll be enjoying the LA stream in the comfort of my bed. Wish I could be there! Wilnette is beautiful this time of year, but so is Glen Ellyn!

I still have a ways to go and one more surgery.

Above ground and breathing is good! One of my best friends is a Rambler, we will enjoy Saturday together...love that program, I'm a Hitter fan as a parent, just enjoy HS football (my HS sucked). Wishing you well on your path to recovery and good health!!!

Reactions: Gene K.
Above ground and breathing is good! One of my best friends is a Rambler, we will enjoy Saturday together...love that program, I'm a Hitter fan as a parent, just enjoy HS football (my HS sucked). Wishing you well on your path to recovery and good health!!!
Thank you my friend! I enjoy your contributions to the site. Please keep them coming! Good luck to your Hitters this Weekend!

Reactions: SoCliche
And 1 great back in Pemberton. He is a monster. Read comparisons to Brodner on here.
No you haven’t. Mike Alstott is a good comparison for the size, power and speed of Sam Brodner. Not many others with that combination.

No you haven’t. Mike Alstott is a good comparison for the size, power and speed of Sam Brodner. Not many others with that combination.
I made the comparison but says Pemberton’s pad level and speed were not up to brod’s yet. Feet and power comparable as a junior. Sorry if you may disagree but Brod is the first person I thought of during the 4th quarter LA v SR

And I agree with your post.

Reactions: Bowie50
I will have to find some highlights. Brodner was a monster. He willed that offensive to championship. That title game performance vs Libertyville was legendary. Would have loved to see him running behind the badgers line.

And the 46 TD's he had that season. Four on KO returns. Pretty good.

GW is coming into Wilmette on a mission. They have destroyed the teams that they played with the lone exception of HC ( hey, we are all entitled to one mulligan ), by a substantial margin and I'm pretty sure they still remember the playoff loss to LA a few years ago. The defense is aggressive and pursues the ball to perfection. The O line, while not big, stays on their blocks. They block for a solid core of running backs.
Loyola on the other hand took a quarter of the season to find its qb. They have lost 3 games this year , have mostly non senior starters and barely got out alive last week against MS. If I were GW, I would be on top of the moon with this matchup.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
LA scored two offensive TDs last week: early 4th quarter 30-yard pass to Mangan corner of end zone and the other late 4th quarter catch-and-run to Kyle. In the latter, he was supposed to get the first and not score, but with those officials I didn't trust the results until they turned off the scoreboard.

As good and varied as LAs backs are (and Flores shows up rain or shine), no one is in the Alstott/Brodner/Treadwell/et al class. I'm going to attribute that slip up to your medications.

And as always, parking is free, even to the destitute of Glen Ellyn.

Can't wait until tomorrow, good luck to all. Question, if I drive a domestic vehicle tomorrow to the game, is there parking in the back or something, or do we park in Evanston and Uber in? :rolleyes:

There is parking in the front, back, and side of the school. BUT, it fills up fast for a big playoff game like this.

LA is located at the NE corner of Laramie and Lake. I always park on Laramie, just south of the SW corner of Laramie and Lake. Especially easy to get out from there after the game, because the lots take a while to empty with everyone leaving at the same time.

Reactions: SoCliche
There is parking in the front, back, and side of the school. BUT, it fills up fast for a big playoff game like this.

LA is located at the NE corner of Laramie and Lake. I always park on Laramie, just south of the SW corner of Laramie and Lake. Especially easy to get out from there after the game, because the lots take a while to empty with everyone leaving at the same time.

Thank you ramblinman for putting this together, very much appreciated. Wondering if I could park in Bowie50s spot since he ain't using it? Exit shouldn't be an issue, thinking many will leave by half with West up by 20... :eek:

MS4EVER:

I'd like to add a perspective here if I may.

Prior to 2010, I had advocated for LA to schedule a non-conference matchup with a then-DVC and now-DuKane or WSC team. Having seen LA play NN and GW in the playoffs only heightens my enthusiasm for regular-season meetings.

Despite my first thoughts on this game revolving around an unfulfilled fantasy, I am deeply concerned over this game. Although an inexact method to predict an outcome, comparing final scores of common opponents is one method. However, for this game, GW and MS met in week one, and LA met MS in round one.

My concern rests with the fact GW is inspired by the oldest motive of all: Revenge.

I am quite certain the GW staff and more than a handful of seniors competing on GW's football team recall with frustration the semi-final game in 2016 when LA performed an act of butchery on the Hilltoppers.

Most LA fans who mourned LA's loss to LWE in the 2017 title game brimmed with excitement as the playoff picture unfolded in 2018 and it became clear LWE and LA would cross paths. Although three years have passed since LA and GW last met, the opportunity for GW to exact retribution is a variable which must figure prominently in this game.

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but is this game being broadcast or is someone streaming it? Thanks guys. I'm tracking the game from the sunny warm skies of Southern Arizona today.

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but is this game being broadcast or is someone streaming it? Thanks guys. I'm tracking the game from the sunny warm skies of Southern Arizona today.

DISLIKE!! ;-)

Sky looks clear today, going to be a good football game. I expect GW to run, run, run all game long with deep pass playaction mixed in.. does Loyola have the beef up front to stop em in 3rd and 4th qtr?

DISLIKE!! ;-)

Sky looks clear today, going to be a good football game. I expect GW to run, run, run all game long with deep pass playaction mixed in.. does Loyola have the beef up front to stop em in 3rd and 4th qtr?
Fingers crossed and I'll be watching the game while sitting next to the pool. Oops! I'm gloating again! Have fun at the game and wish I were there!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT