ADVERTISEMENT

GW @ LA

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
Did I miss something? I can't seem to find a thread on this game. Two perennial powers going at it and no talk is confusing to me. MS played both teams so this is my take.
LA is of course under the radar again. GW has pounded everyone except HC. The key to the game is if LA can stop GW run game. GW has a stable of big strong backs that will wear most teams down. Force them to pass and I believe LA can win. Easier said then done but I believe LA have the front seven to do it.

LA 17 GW 13 or maybe OT

but if LA can't stop the run game GW 28 LA 10

Going off what I’ve seen when both teams were on tv it will be a close game. GW will need to throw the ball since they won’t be able to run the ball down LA’s throat like they want to. I’m inclined to say 17-13 GW since they have been more consistent this year but it feels like a toss up game.

Reactions: SoCliche
I haven't heard anyone say they think Loyola can win. I think that's insane.

edit: ClownBaby and Trillini think they have chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: kitty_bintingot
One other thing I think the game being played at LA actually helps GW, their backs can really run and playing on the turf may let them catch a corner they wouldn’t get in the muck at GW.

I haven't heard anyone say they think Loyola can win. I think that's insane.

Going off what I’ve seen when both teams were on tv it will be a close game. GW will need to throw the ball since they won’t be able to run the ball down LA’s throat like they want to. I’m inclined to say 17-13 GW since they have been more consistent this year but it feels like a toss up game.

Apparently a toss up means no chance in your book.

Reactions: markmacaluso
The RB that took the brunt of their load running last week was pretty good, but maybe not as good as Pemberton.

Pemberton is a difference maker.

If he is out Loyola 10-7

If he plays Loyola 21-7

Hard to pick GW when their best win is against main south (wk1)whose QB didn’t play the 2nd half.

Loyola ran the gauntlet last year as a 3 loss team. Until someone outside the CCL knocks them off they’ll be my pick.

That 45 GW put up on grass v MS had what to do with a QB? :D

Yes. Definitely adds to it.

Lack of offense doesn’t create better field position?

Not saying GW doesn’t win that game either way.

Just stating facts. GW best win is over a team whose QB didn’t play the 2nd half

Sure, one could say LA's best win was because of a bad call, right? See how that works?

You can go down the line the whole season but Loyola has numerous games against top teams.

Fumbled at MC 1 going into win the game.

Turned it on the 2nd half against sold Rice and Rita teams.

GW best win was against a back up QB and a HC teams that just got spanked by brook.

I factor those things in my opinion.

All is irrelevant if GW shows up and wins on Saturday.

I don’t think they will.

I also feel like the Hitter defense is playing really well. They fly to the ball and tackle well. Maybe not the same as years past but pretty darn good!

Hard to pick GW when their best win is against main south (wk1)whose QB didn’t play the 2nd half.

Which is why you can only use the first hal of that game for comparissons. In that first half GW put up 275 on the ground, four scoring drives, one FG, three TD's. In a half!. But then you have to look at the LA defense as well. In that first half vs. GW, the good Leongas completed 18 passes for 205 and thee TD's. Agains the LA D, the MS offense had ZERO TD's In the entire game. Yikes!

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
MS defensive front not as good as LA. GW has 0 passing game, QB very suspect throwing. GW scores 14 at most.

GW pass defense very suspect. MS mightve scored 55 pts week 1 if QB1 hadn’t gone down.

LA by at least 2 scores (not sure who Pemberton is and how much of a factor he is, or how healthy LA is in general). But I wont be surprised if it’s by 3 or 4.

GW pass defense very suspect. MS mightve scored 55 pts week 1 if QB1 hadn’t gone down.

Wow! I only read the box score. You must have been there. So MS could have scored 34 in that second half even with GW chewing clock with long ground drives?. I do agree on your 14 points though. Whoever gets to14 wins this game

The RB that took the brunt of their load running last week was pretty good, but maybe not as good as Pemberton.
LA has 3 really good backs (Cabanban, Maldonado and Flores. Maldonado and Cabanban have speed but are small. Flores runs hard. And 1 great back in Pemberton. He is a monster. Read comparisons to Brodner on here.

Wow! I only read the box score. You must have been there. So MS could have scored 34 in that second half even with GW chewing clock with long ground drives?. I do agree on your 14 points though. Whoever gets to14 wins this game
Point well taken, you're right. They wouldn't have score 55 because the GW offense was having its way. I guess what I was trying to convey was the sense that GW looked unable to stop MS's pass attack.

At any rate I'm cheering for GW and would love to see them win

Sure, one could say LA's best win was because of a bad call, right? See how that works?

Not saying LA doesn’t win that game either way. Just stating facts.
There were several horrible calls against LA in that game too.

And yeah to think LA only scored 14 on that MS defense....now I'm second guessing my prediction...

You gotta watch the MS LA game if you haven’t yet. It was horrible for both teams. You a little nervous about the GW LA game? I definitely am!
I watched and yes, just having fun (note the emoji). I think both LA and GBW are playing well, each can win and it'll be a great game. Not nervous as I have no prediction other than good football. Best team wins.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Good point. West probably would have had over 600 yards on the ground instead of the measly 437 yards had that QB not got injured. o_O
I watched the GBW MS game again. MS looked shell shocked. GBW is very good and very well coached. Probably not as tested as LA in terms of strength of schedule and LA will have a lot more size on the line. I remember watching LA at Duchon in 2016 and thinking how much bigger LA was than GBW.

Point well taken, you're right. They wouldn't have score 55 because the GW offense was having its way. I guess what I was trying to convey was the sense that GW looked unable to stop MS's pass attack.

At any rate I'm cheering for GW and would love to see them win

Right, but at halftime I bet you were saying "Holy crap! If this continues, these guys might put 55 on us" Makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT