ADVERTISEMENT

GW 50 York 3 F

I left with West up 35-7 thinking the would put 49 or 56 on DGN because they had yet to even force a 4th down. Not sure what happened.
There was a point in the 3rd period where GW throttled back a bit. I assume it had to do with next weekend. Lydens played pretty tough last night, and York scored a TD late to kinda take the wind out of HCs winning margin.

Lol fortunately? Meh I applaud your loyalty but no I have nothing positive to say about Kurt Weinberg. You want positive? Your kid looks solid at corner.

I have no "ax to grind" I don't like Weinberg and don't like the way people talk about LT's program. I know enough of those guys/gals. Sometimes when your too close to the situation you don't get an accusatory portrayal of it. Lots of LT people with a very inflated sense of their programs worth. I just layered it all out there in the post you quoted, if you question me now, read it again I have nothing more to say about it.

I wish those kids nothing but the best, there are some really great kids in that program that I've gotten to know through my boys over the years. I root for them to win weekly even though deep down I'd rather not listen to the parents at social functions when they do.

You can argue with me all you want about my opinions but I fail to see the point of you telling me I'm wrong about things I've heard like you somehow know better. Talk to the people I talk to and you'd know during Fenwick's run last year all I heard about was how LT was better, bla bla bla. Fenwick made it further last year than LT had in their 100 year history. #Facts

OK. If you don't like Weinberg that's fine. I've heard that same thing before we got into the program but to be honest my dealings with him in a somewhat difficult situation were nothing but positive. He must rub some people the wrong way, but sometimes I think he gets a bad wrap.

I am sorry if my post came off as too argumentative. My only issue really was with the comment that Lyons people thought they had a "marquee" program. You are right, no state titles etc, I don't think even the biggest homer of an LT fan would claim they are "marquee" or anything close, and if you indeed heard someone say that then they are a moron. And even if that's the case, probably not fair to generalize the whole fanbase because I can assure you that's not the sense among either the parents or kids that I'm around all the time. There's a bad egg or two in every fanbase.

Thanks for the kind words on my son. I haven't been here long enough to know, which program do you follow and do you have a son playing?

Thanks in advance.

Lydens played pretty tough last night, and York scored a TD late to kinda take the wind out of HCs winning margin.

HC seems to have an offense that is highly concerned with ball control and clock management---plays were called similarly last year. Nothing too crazy, just letting the running game wear down defenses and try to keep the other team's O off the field. A sophomore (#15) is playing a kind of hack back/blocking back and is doing a great job, and the line play got the job done last night. You won't see too many fireworks with this offense, I don't think, though they do have a long ball threat in their 3rd year starter RB/slot receiver and a nice redzone receiving threat with their big TE.

Defensively I continue to be more impressed than I thought I would be. There's a second year starter junior LB (#8) who's fast and not afraid to stick his nose in there, does a good job wrapping up and finishing tackles. They have a senior DE (#42) who fires off the ball every play and does his job. And then they have both starting cornerbacks out with injuries but a soph (#27) who has stepped up nicely, had a pick vs OP and another last night.

But I digress. It's still too early to know what to make of their 4 quarter battles versus OPRF and Willobrook. I think we'll learn everything we need to know about this HC team in the next few weeks---a sneaky good PW, and then LT and GW.

HC seems to have an offense that is highly concerned with ball control and clock management---plays were called similarly last year. Nothing too crazy, just letting the running game wear down defenses and try to keep the other team's O off the field. A sophomore (#15) is playing a kind of hack back/blocking back and is doing a great job, and the line play got the job done last night. You won't see too many fireworks with this offense, I don't think, though they do have a long ball threat in their 3rd year starter RB/slot receiver and a nice redzone receiving threat with their big TE.

Defensively I continue to be more impressed than I thought I would be. There's a second year starter junior LB (#8) who's fast and not afraid to stick his nose in there, does a good job wrapping up and finishing tackles. They have a senior DE (#42) who fires off the ball every play and does his job. And then they have both starting cornerbacks out with injuries but a soph (#27) who has stepped up nicely, had a pick vs OP and another last night.

But I digress. It's still too early to know what to make of their 4 quarter battles versus OPRF and Willobrook. I think we'll learn everything we need to know about this HC team in the next few weeks---a sneaky good PW, and then LT and GW.
Yep, I agree with you about the HC offense. They were in control of the York game for the first and third quarter, but things slowed down in the 2nd and 4th for the offense, relatively speaking. Give credit toYork for figuring out how to grad hold of HC to prevent a real blow out. In looking at the HC performances this year, I wonder if they are susceptible to be over run by someone like LT, where their offensive pace exceeds HC ability to control their offensive pace. We'll know soon enough now. I think the HC defense has played really well, but they've been scored on more than I thought would happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT