ADVERTISEMENT

Go White Sox!!!

It's good they had their mini-slump against a meaningless team like the Cubs. Now they can slug their way through the American league playoffs. I have high expectations.

Reactions: McCaravan
I had no problem with him starting the 8th. My problem was keeping him in after the 4 pitch walk. Ricky is the weakest link on th eteam.
Starting Garcia proved to me he learned nothing from Rodon

Last edited:
The Lion's share of the credit belongs to Lucas Giolito and the plan they had to pitch to the Oakland hitters, which was mentioned during the game and was astutely mentioned by one of the Sun Times writers. You had Oakland hitters looking for more fastballs and changeups than they got. Giolito relied on getting ahead of hitters, excellent control and throwing more sliders than in any game this season. He was excellent and when you hold a team to 1 run on 2 hits you are going to win 99.9% of games these day.

But, it's not over yet. Keuchel has to get it done today. Can't let this go 3 games.

Reactions: USD24
I hated that start. Not happy with Mazara production but Garcia hadn’t had an at bat in months. If Encarnacion plays anymore then a must have HR in this series Id fire him on the spot
Not to mention Garcia's injury was a thumb/wrist injury, which is really hard to come back from as a hitter.

I had no problem with him starting the 8th. My problem was keeping him in after the 4 pitch walk. Ricky is the weakest link on th eteam.
I agree with you. It was the right move to let him at least start the 8th inning. It wasn't just the 4 pitch walk. A couple of them missed badly. Then he left him in at the 100 pitch mark. I have said before and I'll say again. I don't think Renteria will lead this team to a WS championship. But, if for some reason they were to go all the way this year, it will not be because of Renteria. It will be in spite of him.

The Sox have not played a team from the East this year. When they do it's over.

In the wild card round, why is the home team get to be the home team in all three games? Does not make any sense. Just because they are not changing parks, doesnt mean they shouldnt switch up home teams.

In the wild card round, why is the home team get to be the home team in all three games? Does not make any sense. Just because they are not changing parks, doesnt mean they shouldnt switch up home teams.
Because we live in the bizarro world currently

What a difference a day makes. According to the MLB web site the Sox will be the road team tomorrow. Marlins are handing it to the Cubs at Wrigley too. Twins are done. And the Rays are pounding the Blue Jays 8-1. The Braves escaped with one today too.

Was watching Braves game. No fans in the park, but thousands outside at a viewing party. Makes sense:rolleyes:

• Haha
Starting Garcia proved to me he learned nothing from Rodon
And his response for why he used Collins to PH in the 7th proved to me why he isn’t a manager to lead us to the next level. He said he liked the matchup (Collins vs Bassitt) and hoped Collins could “run into one”. A guy who hadn’t had an at bat in SIX WEEKS (August 19) was supposed to come off the bench with 2 men on and 1 out in the 7th inning of a playoff game and “run into one”.

And his response for why he used Collins to PH in the 7th proved to me why he isn’t a manager to lead us to the next level. He said he liked the matchup (Collins vs Bassitt) and hoped Collins could “run into one”. A guy who hadn’t had an at bat in SIX WEEKS (August 19) was supposed to come off the bench with 2 men on and 1 out in the 7th inning of a playoff game and “run into one”.
Well, Garcia had 7 chances to run into one, lol

Yep, I argued that as well. I'm guessing its Dunning today and then all BP after that. When fans call out your mistakes before the result, you know you are in over your head.

Yep, I argued that as well. I'm guessing its Dunning today and then all BP after that. When fans call out your mistakes before the result, you know you are in over your head.
I need to make a call up to the northside and see how we get rid of this guy.

Reactions: RockSoup
Congrats to Jason Benetti, the real JB, on his new multi year contract with ESPN!

Both McCann & Eloy we’re available to PH in the 7th. Gotta like their chances more than Collins. Cease pitching an inning was a poor move, but I assume he’d be available to pitch some today if needed.
All hands on deck today for this game. As much as I don’t condone it, pull a Bud Kilmer and shoot Eloy up with something and get him out there even if it’s just as a DH today.

ADVERTISEMENT