ADVERTISEMENT

FYI Per IHSA eligibility Football Bylaw 4B

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Per IHSA Bylaw 4

B. If you transfer after classes begin for the current school term, you will definitely be ineligible for thirty days from the date you start attending classes at the new high school. In addition, you will be ineligible for that entire school term in any sport in which you engaged in any team activity, including but not limited to tryouts, drills, physical practice sessions, team meetings, playing in a contest, etc. at the school from which you transferred. For example, if you were out for cross country at the school from which you transfer and transfer after the IHSA sport season has begun, you will be ineligible for cross country that entire school term at the new school. C. If you transfer attendance from on

IHSA eligibility 4B.jpg

Attachments

• IHSA eligibility 4B.jpg
    IHSA eligibility 4B.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 6
I think the IHSA with moving some sports will have to clarify their position.

https://www.ihsa.org/documents/forms/current/IHSA_Section3.pdf

Pg 50 q 113 and 114.

Q. May a student who has transferred to an IHSA member school from out of state participate in the same sport he/she was participating in prior to the transfer?

A. In a situation like the one above, a ruling from the IHSA office is required. If it is determined that the student, the family and the school are in a circumstance completely beyond their control, the student may be ruled eligible. (By-law 3.042)114)

Q. May a student who played girls soccer for her high school in the fall in Missouri play girls soccer in the spring in Illinois if her family moves from Missouri to Illinois?

A. Yes. The IHSA Board of Directors has determined that the season in which a sport is played in another state is a circumstance beyond the control of the student, the family and the school. (By-law 3.042)

Reactions: EdgyTim
I think the IHSA with moving some sports will have to clarify their position.

https://www.ihsa.org/documents/forms/current/IHSA_Section3.pdf

Pg 50 q 113 and 114.

Q. May a student who has transferred to an IHSA member school from out of state participate in the same sport he/she was participating in prior to the transfer?

A. In a situation like the one above, a ruling from the IHSA office is required. If it is determined that the student, the family and the school are in a circumstance completely beyond their control, the student may be ruled eligible. (By-law 3.042)114)

Q. May a student who played girls soccer for her high school in the fall in Missouri play girls soccer in the spring in Illinois if her family moves from Missouri to Illinois?

A. Yes. The IHSA Board of Directors has determined that the season in which a sport is played in another state is a circumstance beyond the control of the student, the family and the school. (By-law 3.042)

True...mine is from the football bylaws so...who knows anymore

Reactions: i011763
I guess my question is, with these 20 contact days allowed, does early september count as beginning of football season?

I guess my question is, with these 20 contact days allowed, does early september count as beginning of football season?
I wouldn't think so. If this was a normal year, Football season wouldn't have officially begun until August 10th, while most programs would have used their 20 contact days for weeks of camp throughout the summer.

Reactions: Schwab54
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT