ADVERTISEMENT

FREE: Return to Play The Miami Thomas plan plus podcast

Good deal (scenario #1). The current time frame set by IHSA doesn't look realistic, but it works well for Summer (baseball, track, etc) athletes. If the dates reflect the current Spring dates ending the season on MAy 3rd fine. Baseball players may be able to get ready for a 1mth+ post football season, you can forget about it for track athletes unless its a super track stud (Marcellus Moore, AJ Hennig).

Please suggest some ideas to help the 2021 class all eyes and ears here.
Stick to what the IHSA purposed....Feb 15th practice, March 5th games begin. Until I hear otherwise that’s what I’m presuming will happen. The silence on this is the worst part because people start making blind meritless predictions and people take them as Gospel and go all frantic. I’ll look at it as black and white, either they play the Spring season as initially planned or they just cancel it entirely, no in between.

Reactions: johnndoe
Good back plan. They need to play football NOT spring ball. Kids need real film not practice film.

Good back plan. They need to play football NOT spring ball. Kids need real film not practice film.
If those Spring games include pads & against a quality opponent go for it. I'd argue to let teams schedule who they want in state if no restrictions. 3 or 5 games. If it's about the '21s make sure they get majority of playing time regardless who on the roster, rest up , begin in July for traditional season

Reactions: Gene K.
To steal @Bowie50 famous line....Eh......Does very little for the 2021 senior class.

2021 class is pretty much done. The help for them was back in July and August. Even if they play in the spring, the transfer portal will wipe out the rest of the hopefuls. Living in the State of Illinois ended their last little bit of hope. No college that can pay tuition will be watching for a 2021 hopeful. It is what it is.

Reactions: EdgyTim
2021 class is pretty much done. The help for them was back in July and August. Even if they play in the spring, the transfer portal will wipe out the rest of the hopefuls. Living in the State of Illinois ended their last little bit of hope. No college that can pay tuition will be watching for a 2021 hopeful. It is what it is.
I’m well aware that the College chances for some of these kids who didn’t have film or previous exposure is done, but believe it or not most of them just want the chance to play this game again with their teammates from the last 4 years one last time before most of them hang it up.

They been through the ringer, many of their dreams were lost, but they can still give them the one thing most of them wanted all along and that’s just the chance to compete again in the game they love. Sometimes we forget it’s not all about going on to the next level for most of these young men.

Last edited:
I’m well aware that the College chances for some of these kids who didn’t have film or previous exposure is done, but believe it or not most of them just want the chance to play this game again with their teammates from the last 4 years one last time before most of them hang it up.

They been through the ringer, many of their dreams were lost, but they can still give them the one thing most of them wanted all along and that’s just the chance to compete again in the game they love. Sometimes we forget it’s not all about going on to the next level for most of these young men.

two to three scrimmage games provide this “one last time”. I guess I missed the concern. None of the options will be remotely close to their final season.

two to three scrimmage games provide this “one last time”. I guess I missed the concern. None of the options will be remotely close to their final season.
The concept is to try to salvage some form of football for all of the football players.....does anyone really think we will have a full 9 game regular season and a post-season at this stage? I'll answer that.....we won't so why not tty something out of the box or at least consider something out of the box?

Remotely close to a final season? Again that's done and over with in my opinion....and people (especially the coaches and kids) need to get past that mindset.

The concept is to try to salvage some form of football for all of the football players.....does anyone really think we will have a full 9 game regular season and a post-season at this stage? I'll answer that.....we won't so why not tty something out of the box or at least consider something out of the box? Remotely close to a final season? Again that's done and over with in my opinion....and people (especially the coaches and kids) need to get past that mindset.
Totally agree that hope for any semblance of a normal-type FB season is gone and "out-of-the-box" thinking must rule. However, history tells us that glacial and monolithic organizations like state government, public school districts and the IHSA really do not have a history of such. I think they are now in SAVING FACE mode instead of SAVING SEASONS.

The concept is to try to salvage some form of football for all of the football players.....does anyone really think we will have a full 9 game regular season and a post-season at this stage? I'll answer that.....we won't so why not tty something out of the box or at least consider something out of the box?

Remotely close to a final season? Again that's done and over with in my opinion....and people (especially the coaches and kids) need to get past that mindset.
I’m well aware that their won’t be a traditional season with State Champions named, would my son and his senior class teammates want to go through that above purposed schedule to play two scrimmage games? No. Would they want to play a revised, 6 game, League schedule that included games against Loyola, Marist, Rice, Rita and a couple others? Maybe Naz, PC or JCA? Make it some type of conference championship....Hell yes they would! @EdgyTim I don’t mean to say there is no merit in that scenario he did, I just don’t think many players, especially the seniors, would be on board or excited about it. My opinion only.

Reactions: SOUTHSIDECFD
I’m well aware that their won’t be a traditional season with State Champions named, would my son and his senior class teammates want to go through that above purposed schedule to play two scrimmage games? No. Would they want to play a revised, 6 game, League schedule that included games against Loyola, Marist, Rice, Rita and a couple others? Maybe Naz, PC or JCA? Make it some type of conference championship....Hell yes they would! @EdgyTim I don’t mean to say there is no merit in that scenario he did, I just don’t think many players, especially the seniors, would be on board or excited about it. My opinion only.
I just hope that happens....

Reactions: McCaravan
ADVERTISEMENT