ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you who want coaches to seed football playoffs

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Our basketball sectional had 4 coaches not bother to vote and a 5th who looks like he literally clicked on random numbers for teams. He had nearly everyone of his votes thrown out.

You know these sectionals two months in advance, they rarely change much, and people still cant be bothered to do their jobs.

I imagine a lot has changed because you need to do it online, and coaches don't want to be bothered with it. Plus you have to worry about ADs not getting that information to their coaches. Didn't they use to all have to meet at one place?

I imagine a lot has changed because you need to do it online, and coaches don't want to be bothered with it. Plus you have to worry about ADs not getting that information to their coaches. Didn't they use to all have to meet at one place?
Yes, there used to be a meeting and do the voting live.
It was great because you can call out the jokers who voted oddly.
If you didn't show up for meeting or make arrangements to give rankings beforehand, you were put last.

Yes, there used to be a meeting and do the voting live.
It was great because you can call out the jokers who voted oddly.
If you didn't show up for meeting or make arrangements to give rankings beforehand, you were put last.
Yeah, just find a bar that has an open party room and a fax machine. What's a sectional - 15 teams?? $15/coach and get a couple pizzas and pitchers, and have yourself a fun time where you bitch about refs, parents, and message board posters.

Reactions: i011763 and Cat Box
Yeah, just find a bar that has an open party room and a fax machine. What's a sectional - 15 teams?? $15/coach and get a couple pizzas and pitchers, and have yourself a fun time where you bitch about refs, parents, and message board posters.

Stripes with the epic post. Well played. Well played, indeed.

I love how in Track, we still have mandatory seeding meetings the week of sectionals and all our times/marks are objective

ADVERTISEMENT