ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4 and StL-PLN

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Looked like a full house last night. Baseball definitely could be a lucrative sport if the IHSA put an ounce of thought into the tourney. StL just could not figure out this lefty from PLN. Just attacked the zone. 1 hit all night. Hit some balls hard early right at people. Touched 87 once, 86 twice but was primarily low 80s.

Robles was all over the place. Fell behind, balls in dirt, its a minor miracle PLN only had 2 runs. Both in the 1st after 2 walks and a 2b to right center.

PC/PLN is 1st game then St CN/Mundelein. What are odds pjjp is there Friday in Joliet to watch Lemont, PC and Darlington LOL!!

Congrats to the Celtics, the last of the CCL teams standing, like the past two years. Coach Smyth should write a book on how to set up a pitching staff for deep playoff runs. Call it luck, but my guess, he would sell a few copies. Truly amazing another come back win & trip to the finals. In 3A, nice to see Lemont back in the mix, they have to be feeling really good right about now, Sublette & Acton both rested for Sat/Sun. IMO it is their's to lose. I'll be in Joliet on Saturday, hope to see these two teams in the finals.

The Lemont / Viator game is at 10 AM. I'm leaning to trying to catch the PLN / Provi game at 3. I think that's the best matchup of the weekend.

The Celtics come from behind again to win 4-3. Have to hand it to them. Plainfield South is a team to watch next year. They return their top 4 pitchers and all their starting position players with the exception of the catcher.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2016/06/07/providence-rallies-past-plainfield-south/a8hzzmi/?page=1
pjjp to wear a Nativity hat at game for PC. Probably same chance of that as me at Wrigley singing Go Cubs Go

pjjp to wear a Nativity hat at game for PC. Probably same chance of that as me at Wrigley singing Go Cubs Go
I have to give credit where it is due, though. I didn't think Provi had the pitching to make the final four this year. They seem to have enough, and the formula to win in the playoffs. I believe they were no better than fourth once again in the CCL, yet they are the last team standing again. 19 straight wins in the postseason over the last three years is no joke.

I have to give credit where it is due, though. I didn't think Provi had the pitching to make the final four this year. They seem to have enough, and the formula to win in the playoffs. I believe they were no better than fourth once again in the CCL, yet they are the last team standing again. 19 straight wins in the postseason over the last three years is no joke.

I'm with you Pjjp.
Providence may be on the best post season baseball run in the history of the IHSA. They have the opportunity to become the first 3 peat ever. I believe that there is only one other back to back titles for big schools (Maine HS in 1957-58).

I'm with you Pjjp.
Providence may be on the best post season baseball run in the history of the IHSA. They have the opportunity to become the first 3 peat ever. I believe that there is only one other back to back titles for big schools (Maine HS in 1957-58).
Their run has been impressive, especially in 4A. Dean is right about my allegiance on Friday, though. I'll be pulling for PFN.

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT