ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
WeeK 5 of 6 is quickly upon us, and upsets are proving hard to come by. I'm going to go back to my comfort zone this week, the Chicago Catholic League. This weeks upset is...... The Vikings of St. Laurence over the Celtics of Providence Catholic. Larry always has a lot of talent, and this year is no different. Their problem seems to be keeping teams out of the end zone. They have a huge amount of 2 way players, which leads to a rough time on defense. The thing they do really well is score. Last week they put up a very impressive 44 points against the boys on 99th and Pulaski. Provi is a very interesting team this year, looking like world beaters sometimes, and beat upon other times. They are big favorites this week , as they should be. They come into tonight at 2-2 with losses to Rice and Rita. Their defense has been outstanding most of the year. This should be an exciting game out in Burbank. I like the Vikings this week. Final score....... St. Laurence 35 - Providence 28. That's this weeks upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset? PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASK. PLEASE GET YOUR VACCINE. PLEASE RESPECT EACH OTHER. IF WE ALL DO OUR PART, WE CAN GET BACK TO NORMAL AND SEE EACH OTHER AT GAMES SOON.

I’m sure my homer-ism will be shining through, but my upset pick is Hinsdale Central over Glenbard West.

Due to Covid, GW hasn’t played in two weeks, and just got back to practicing on Wednesday. In that time, HC played a tough York team, and then Proviso West - which allowed for some injury recovery by allowing for a lot of lower depth playing time. I’m sure there is an argument to be made about 2 extra weeks of game planning by GW, these two teams know exactly what the other is doing.

Reactions: missingwalter
I’m sure my homer-ism will be shining through, but my upset pick is Hinsdale Central over Glenbard West.

Due to Covid, GW hasn’t played in two weeks, and just got back to practicing on Wednesday. In that time, HC played a tough York team, and then Proviso West - which allowed for some injury recovery by allowing for a lot of lower depth playing time. I’m sure there is an argument to be made about 2 extra weeks of game planning by GW, these two teams know exactly what the other is doing.
Good pick. Would not shock me

Is Lemont over the Brook an upset this year? If so, I'm taking the Indians as my Friday upset.
Quite the loaded question in this season needing many asterisks. If the 'Brook wins, the margin will be scrutinized and dissected. Should they lose, the meaning will be exaggerated and overstated. Loads of credit to both programs in scheduling this game. Is it being streamed on either YouTube or NFHS Network to anyone's knowledge?

Quite the loaded question in this season needing many asterisks. If the 'Brook wins, the margin will be scrutinized and dissected. Should they lose, the meaning will be exaggerated and overstated. Loads of credit to both programs in scheduling this game. Is it being streamed on either YouTube or NFHS Network to anyone's knowledge?
Saw the score, looks like Brook won handily which I didn't expect after the Lockport debacle. Did Lemont play out of their minds in a close loss to Hillcrest or is Lockport just that good?

Also, can't find a score for Romeoville and Twitter is silent on it.

Reactions: USD24
Saw the score, looks like Brook won handily which I didn't expect after the Lockport debacle. Did Lemont play out of their minds in a close loss to Hillcrest or is Lockport just that good?

Also, can't find a score for Romeoville and Twitter is silent on it.
In this strange season, a few things from the SWSC don't compute:
  • HF-41, Lockport-14, yet Lockport-42, Brook-14
  • LWW-24, Bradley-23, yet Brook-44, Bradley-6
  • LWW-23, HF-17, yet HF-41, Lockport-14
Anyone hear anything about LWW over Bradley by 1 point from last night in New Lenox?

Probably not an upset but Harlem over PR, going for 2 after a TD in the final seconds. 43-42.

Reactions: Gene K.
I haven’t seen Lemont this year but according to my son (and my eyes) Lockport was the best team LWE has played this year. I have no idea how they got rolled early by HF.

Reactions: USD24
I haven’t seen Lemont this year but according to my son (and my eyes) Lockport was the best team LWE has played this year. I have no idea how they got rolled early by HF.
East trailed Lockport by 3 points briefly in 2Q after a dismal 2nd quarter for the Griffins that featured - 1 turnover, 2 defensive PI calls, 1 offensive PI and a personal foul. To Lockport's credit, they really held down LWE running game all game, especially in the 1st half. Final was 34-10 East after 14-10 halftime lead.

In this strange season, a few things from the SWSC don't compute:
  • HF-41, Lockport-14, yet Lockport-42, Brook-14
  • LWW-24, Bradley-23, yet Brook-44, Bradley-6
  • LWW-23, HF-17, yet HF-41, Lockport-14
Anyone hear anything about LWW over Bradley by 1 point from last night in New Lenox?
Was a tight game first half then LWW defense looked to have some lapses. Long TD passes back to back put Bradley up 23-10. Defense adjusted again and was locked down from end of third quarter to finish. West was methodical again and got two scores from nice passing attack. Film suggests this shouldn't have been a close game, but credit to Bradley for finding some weakness in the secondary. Credit to West for making adjustments quickly and finishing strong.

Reactions: johnndoe and mates1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT