ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
So, anything interesting happen since the last time I posted this thread? I hope that everyone here, and their families are doing well. It's finally time for some high school football. It's going to be a quick and crazy season, filled with upsets. Let's get started. This week upset is............. The Celtics of Providence Catholic over the Crusaders of Br. Rice. I'll be honest here, I don't know much about either team, but it's always fun to pick against Rice!!!!!!!!! The game is in New Lenox, and the boys for both teams have got to be ecstatic to just be competing again. I'll take the Celtics tonight. Final score Provi 28 - Rice 21. That's this weeks upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset? PLEASE WEAR A MASK...PLEASE GET YOUR VACCINE...PLEASE RESPECT EACH OTHER. IF WE ALL DO OUR PART, WE CAN GET BACK TO NORMAL AN SEE EACH OTHER AT GAMES SOON.

Welcome back! And not a far fetched upset pick. BR should win and it would be a minor upset if they lost but PC has a strong RB in Vaughn and a D1 TE in Greers plus a solid QB. Will be a decent game.

I'll also go with PC over BR. BR should win but PC has a very good team also. I think every thing is out of sync this year. Home field advantage in week one may be the deciding factor. PC 31 BR 28.

Bolingbrook over LWE HUGE upset
St. Rita over Loyola BIG upset
Providence over Brother Rice MILD upset

If I was playing with house money I'd pick the Brook
Playing with my chips I'll pick Providence over Brother Rice by a FG.

Bolingbrook over LWE HUGE upset
St. Rita over Loyola BIG upset
Providence over Brother Rice MILD upset

If I was playing with house money I'd pick the Brook
Playing with my chips I'll pick Providence over Brother Rice by a FG.

Betting PC over BR.
Rooting for SR over LA

That’s why it’s an upset.

LMAO
No disrespect to BB because they are always tough. I get this feeling because this is a predominately private school backed site that you and other privates would love to see East lose. I guess for whatever reason it makes you feel better. 😂

LMAO
No disrespect to BB because they are always tough. I get this feeling because this is a predominately private school backed site that you and other privates would love to see East lose. I guess for whatever reason it makes you feel better. 😂
Lol.

Reactions: ClownBaby
LMAO
I have no private school affiliation whatsoever. Nice win, it’s certainly not personal.

I noticed that MC has a lot of two-ways. It's an indication of a player's skill and fitness, his speed and endurance.
MC had 3 or 4 going both ways full or part time which is unusual for them but with it only being a 6 game season they think they can handle the grind for 5 more weeks. Had they been training for a possible 14 game season it might have had a different look. Butcher, #8, had to learn Egan’s position on the fly, Fred Hill was supposed to play there but he is out for another week, so he learned it fast, played both ways and was outstanding there last night.

Many teams have players going both ways. It’s a combination of superior talent or lack of depth on the team at certain positions. Coaches like to rotate in fresh players if they have the option.
Traditionally we don’t play a lot of guys two ways, typically it’s special circumstances, nickel or dime defenses, jumbo, or short yardage plays.

And in some cases the player has a high WAR number--Wins Against Replacement.

Last edited:
LMAO

@corey90 second hyper-sensitive post over the weekend, You need a hug or something?

ADVERTISEMENT