ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special........

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Here we are in week 5, and I'm having no success. After last years great season, I need to win out to be eligible for this years playoffs. This week is the definition of a "Must Win". For this weeks pick, we'll go to the Central Suburban South conference, and Evanston Il, (home of one of the Chicagoland areas best hot-dogs " Mustards Last Stand"). This weeks pick is....... the Wildkits of Evanston over the 6 time state champion and top 15 ranked Hawks of Maine South. These Kits are on a roll, crushing Barrington (who beat MS in week 3) last week. The defense is fantastic. If you take away the 19 points that Taft scored on their 2nd and 3rd team, they have given up less than 10 points per game. MS has a great QB, but I believe he will still be out for this game, and if he does play, he won't be 100%. I like the Wildkits in this one. Final score, Evanston 35 - MS 21. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

I'm not quite calling an upset but CG better not shrug off Dundee Crown. DC dropped almost 700 yards of total offense and 55 points on Prairie Ridge.

Last edited:
Aurora Christian over Immaculate Conception.
Here is the CalPreps line...
Immaculate Conception (Elmhurst, IL) 41, Aurora Christian (Aurora, IL) 3

AC will cover the 38 points.
AC could actually win this game. If they do, it will be the AC defense that carries the day. Defense returns 9 starters from last year, many of whom are State Champion wrestlers that crushed IC and Bmac in wrestling matches last year. These are tough kids that don't give up.

AC stomped Bmac last year 55-28 @ the Irish Homecoming game. After being down 28-14 mid-way through the 2nd Quarter, AC defense stepped up and shut out Bmac while the offense scored 42 unanswered points.
Everyone saw what Bmac did vs. IC last week.

AC cannot match the depth of IC, but should be able to play with them for 2-3 quarters. If AC is still in this game after 3 quarters, look out...

PC is a solid upset pick. PC playing at home - Rice coming off a big emotional win and this is Rice's first road game of the year (first four at home). Anything can happen in the Blue

MCC Hurricanes make it 4 in a ROW over the Don’s of Niles - Notre Dame. Don’s look great so far this year, but these 2 teams always go toe-to-toe with one another. Should be another great game.

Last edited:
MCC Hurricanes make it 3 in a ROW over the Don’s of Niles - Notre Dame. Don’s look great so far this year, but these 2 teams always go toe-to-toe with one another. Should be another great game.
It would be 4 in a row. Don't forget about the Brucker era...

It would be 4 in a row. Don't forget about the Brucker era...
No the last year of the Brucker-era MCC LOST 9-0 to ND. The Maloney-era they are 3-0 (hopefully 4-0 after tonight’s battle). Should be a good one nonetheless.

I stand corrected...my bad. Where I had looked had the score incorrect.
I stand corrected...my bad. Where I had looked had the score incorrect.
Diezel, I love your passion and support that you show MCC especially over the last few years and as a supporter/alum I thank you for it! I invite you to look into the past a bit. Yes as Hammer said the pre Maloney era. Go even farther than just the Brucker era, the Penza era! The football tradition at this school, along with girls VB, have been the identity of the school! Look at the records! Look at the D1 kids that have played there! There is a reason why people sent their kids there and the success they achieved! Please give the past some credit!:) Go Canes!

I know diesel. You apologized for your mistake and it still isn’t good enough. This world is just cruel. Teach your kids please and thank you or I’m sorry, still not good enough. Lmao. This was meant as a funny post.

Reactions: diezel66
I’ll go JCA over Marist just to have a horse in the race but I wouldn’t bet on my horse

What am I missing on MCC-ND? Is it just history that gives people reason to pick that upset. I see a beat down personally.

I’ll go JCA over Marist just to have a horse in the race but I wouldn’t bet on my horse

I'd go with this if at JCA....if it's at Marist no chance

I think Provi gets Rice just because it is on the road and high school football happens. I also don't think it's an upset either.

ADVERTISEMENT