Name: Nick Broeker

Position: OT

High School:
Springfield Sacred Heart Griffin

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-5

Weight: 275 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Nick Broeker: I've been able to see Broeker live a few times over the past few years. I saw Broeker at a summer NIU one day camp along with seeing him live a few weeks later at another college one day camp. Broeker, who is also playing basketball this winter at SHG is a very solid student in the classroom and was an all area and all conference player for the Cyclones and head coach Ken Leonard in 2017.

Evaluation of Nick Broeker: Broeker has a ton of positives and upside in his game both now and at the college level. Broeker, who measures in at least 6-foot-5, 275 pounds is a very mobile and athletic big man who has the frame, length and wingspan to continue to grow and develop. Broeker has very good feet, base and balance and also shows his overall quickness when asked to pull. Broeker looks to be a well schooled and fundamentally sound blocker and seems as comfortable in run blocking as well as in pass pro for SHG. Broeker also has good, natural bend and brings his overall basketball athletic skills to the football field. I also liked Broeker's overall work ethic and approach this past summer at college one day camps. Broeker seems to be very coachable, was able to learn on the fly and adjusted quickly.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Nick Broeker? Broeker will no question need to add more weight/size/strength over the next 12-18 months. Broeker's junior tape is strong on several levels but I would like to see him go more against kids who will challenge him a bit more (again nothing Broeker can control but...). Broeker will also need to improve getting to the second level of blocks and being able to better finish those blocks.

Projected level: Broeker at this time is already holding a multitude of scholarship offers so it doesn't take a genius to determine that he will be playing at the FBS level on Saturdays in a few years.

Ranking? Rivals.com has Broeker as a low 3 star kid and for the most part I disagree with that ranking for now. I see Broeker at least for now as a mid 3 star with the potential to go to say a high 3 to even a low 4 star. On the hoof and physically Broeker has quite a bit of upside and growth still to come. The issues I mentioned above are certainly all correctable and I feel that once Broeker can train year round for his position the needed weight and size his game will also progress. I see Broeker playing at the mid to high Big Ten level.

All.... Nick has finally announced where he will play among the numerous college offers. He will be a Rebel playing for Ole Miss. Congrats to him. Now no more distractions (lol) back to practice the season and 6A awaits. Ratsy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT