Position: ILB/DE

High School:
Batavia

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 230 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Luke Weerts:
I have been able to see Luke Weerts play live twice in 2017 along with seeing him at various camps over the past few seasons. Weerts, who was an all conference all area linebacker in 2017 for the Bulldogs was also one of the leaders of the Batavia Class 7A state championship defense.

Evaluation of Luke Weerts:
Weerts has been a varsity starter for the Bulldogs over the past two seasons and is a hard nosed kid and player who has also shown terrific skills and versatility for Batavia. Weerts played inside linebacker in 2017 and also played a defensive end spot as a sophomore on the varsity in 2016. Weerts has great size, strength and is a very disciplined defender who makes great reads. Weerts also has good quickness and reads and react well. Weerts also is always around the football, has a great feel and instincts for the game and is also a kid who truly loves football. Weerts is also the type of recruit who will no question draw looks at a few different spots and I can also see that overall skill level and versatility being a big plus for Weerts with several schools.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Weerts? So what is Weerts going to play at the college level? Weerts, who has drawn several FCS level offers this early spring and the majority of the early offers are for inside linebacker. Weerts I feel for the FBS level is for now a bit of a tweener positionally. Weerts has the size and strength to play either inside backer ot as say a defensive end. Heck Weerts could also continue to add good weight and I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up as a DT. Weerts will need to improve his overall speed and quickness as an inside linebacker for the higher FBS level schools along with improving his coverage skills.

Projected level:

Rivals.com has Luke Weerts as an unranked name yet that should change very soon. I've been a fan of Luke Weerts for the past few years. Weerts is a all out 100 percent effort kid who is also a high level player on and off the field. I would start Weerts as a high 2 star ranked name and Weerts is someone who could move to say a high 2 to low 3 star named after this spring and summer.

I'm very interest to see how well Weerts has continue to develop and improve his game this winter. Weerts will no question draw a ton of in school college coach visits this spring and will also be asked to take place in multiple college camps. Weerts is the type of player and recruit who will do nothing but improve his overall recruiting stock in camps in pads.

I'm also very interested to see if potential schools leave Weerts at ILB, or will they move him to say DE or even DT? Weerts as mentioned has the overall look/frame and size to eventually make an impact at any spot on the field when asked to step up.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
giphy.gif

Reactions: epicbret
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT