Position: WR/DB

High School:
Solorio Academy

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 5-foot-11

Weight: 175 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Messiah Travis:
I have been able to see Messiah Travis in person a handful of times now live at various 7on7 events and showcases. Travis was a standout All CPL player in 2017 for the Sun Warriors.

Evaluation of Messiah Travis:
Travis saw full time action for the Sun Warriors in all three aspects in 2017 and was a standout in all three aspects as well. Travis is a very sure handed receiver with good speed, good hands and also has very impressive separation speed. Travis is also a strong route runner, uses his hands well, has very good body control and seems to have very good field vision once he's in the open field. On defense Travis has a good nose for the football, makes good reads and good breaks on the football and is able to close the gap very quickly against an open receiver. Travis also carries his offensive ball skills over to the defensive side. Travis is also a hitter and a very strong finisher and tackler. Travis is also a standout return man on special teams and adds even more value at the college level.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Messiah Travis? Travis at last physically/on the hoof is a pretty ready made player for the college level....meaning I don't expect to see him add a ton of additional size/growth spurt here. Travis will need to polish up his overall game/fundamentals on either side of the football this off season for the next level. Travis will also be well served to improve his footwork along with adding a bit more strength this off season.

Projected level:

Rivals.com has Messiah Travis as an un ranked name and that should change sooner rather than later. Travis is already holding a handful of early FBS level offers (NIU/Toledo/WMU) and that trend should continue this winter and spring.

I like Messiah Travis overall game quite a bit and I feel he's a high two star to a low three star name to start. Travis has very good speed/wiggle and burst and is just a high level athlete type who could play at several spots at the college level. My guess is that Travis will end up playing at say the MAC level as either a slot receiver or as a cornerback. Overall Travis will be a very strong addition at the low to mid FBS level and a kid who can develop into a regular starter and a longer term impact player.

ADVERTISEMENT