Name: Jason Bargy

Position: DE/ATH

High School: Momence

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-5

Weight: 240 pounds

Video Link

My impressions of Jason Bargy:
I was able to see Jason Bargy last spring at I believe the Under Armour camp (also could of been the Nike Camp as well sorry) along with a few in person non-workout off the field meeting. Bargy this off season has also been working at EFT in McCook and I've watched a few of his workouts as well.

Evaluation of Jason Bargy: Bargy is one of those once in a decade type of kids who as a 15-16 year old already has the "on the hoof" look and feel of a high level college player physically. Bargy is every bit of 6-foot-4 plus and 240 pounds. Bargy, who plays at small school Momence just outside of Kankakee plays running back along with on the defensive line. Bargy has the physical tools to play on the defensive line at the high college level. Bargy has a terrific combination of size/frame and good length plus also has very good speed and is just a high level athlete. Again Bargy is one of those athletes who could very well wind up playing at any number of spots at the Power 5 level.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Jason Bargy? Bargy in a lot of ways reminds me of a small school version fo former Edwardsville high 4 star ranked RB Rodney Coe. Coe was a standout in the Class of 2011. Coe, who started his career at Iowa, transferred to Juco then played at Akron and this season with the Detroit Lions at defensive tackle was also a once in a decade or so physically impressive on the hoof guy who's sheer athletic ability wound up taking him to the NFL. Can Bargy make the big transition to playing at the small school level to a full time player at the Power 5 level?

Projected level: Just off of the "on the hoof" look you are generally inclined to rank Jason Bargy very high. Rivals has Bargy as a high 3 star ranked recruit...and I would generally have to agree for now. On the hoof? Potential? Down the line ability? It sure all looks to be there. Yet I'm also admittedly a bit gun shy of really stepping out on making a huge ranking jump for a kid who at least for now hasn't been really challenged much yet at the high school level.

I'm really looking/hoping to get a chance to see Bargy work over the spring/early summer in various camps and see how he's progressed in his game from a year ago. While Bargy will start the rankings as a mid to high 3 star....he also admittedly might have as much upside and potential to become an upper 4 star kid sooner than anyone on the recruiting board in Illinois for 2019.

Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT