ADVERTISEMENT

Evaluation: 2018 QB Ben Bryant Lyons Township

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Going to roll out a ton of these starting today. Really no great place to start so I'm starting off with the verbally committed kids in the 2018 class then I will also be adding in several 2018 and 2019 names as well. Remember...all of this info is solely intended for the EDGY Nation audience ONLY. Any sharing on social media violates the rules will be subject to immediate cancellation of your access no questions asked. Thanks

Note: All heights/weights are estimates and can and will change.

Name: Ben Bryant

School: Lyons Township

Graduation Year: 2018

Position: Quarterback

Height: 6-foot-3

Weight: 195 pounds

Recruiting Status: Verbally committed to Wisconsin

Has EDGY seen him Live? Yes. Multiple times over the past two seasons.

About Ben Bryant: Bryant will be a three year varsity starter for the Lions and head coach Kurt Weinburg in 2017. Bryant was an All State performer in 2016 and an honorable mention All Stater and Bryant is a two time All Conference performer. Bryant also plays for Boom Midwest 7on7. Bryant is a very strong student in the class room. Bryant committed to Wisconsin in early December of 2016. Bryant took part in a Wisconsin satellite camp at H-F last summer and was offered by the Badgers shortly after that camp.

EDGY's Take: Ben Bryant to me is simply the best pure pro style/pocket passer signal caller on several levels in the State of Illinois Class of 2018. Bryant I feel just does a lot of things well. Bryant has good size and strength, throws a very solid ball with touch and has enough arm and escapability to be a threat when he needs to run with the football. Bryant again has idea size and frame and I was also really impressed with his overall pocket presence and patience in the pocket. Bryant also has good feet/footwork, makes good throws and also good decisions with the football. Bryant is also an intelligent kid who knows the offense, can and will make multiple reads and check downs as required. As I mentioned at the top...Bryant to me just does a lot of things well and really doesn;t have any real glaring issues in my opinion.

Could improve upon: Bryant has had accuracy issues at times and needs to improve his overall consistency. Bryant also could work on his overall speed/quickness escaping pressure.

EDGY's Early Evaluation: I had a feeling when I was able to see Bryant working with Wisconsin coaches at H-F earlier last summer that Wisconsin could be a great fit for him and his overall game/skill set. Bryant is going to be a great fit into the Wisconsin offense on several different levels. Bryant will be more than capable of running the Badgers pro style offense and when he's asked to add to the Wisconsin powerful running game with the play action pass he'll deliver. Bryant brings confidence and a rally positive attitude to the table and he's just a really good, straight forward kid off the field as well as on the field. I advised Rivals to rank Bryant as a mid to upper 3 star quarterback to start and I feel goos about that ranking for now. I'll definitely get a few more chances to re-evaluate Bryant this spring and summer.

ADVERTISEMENT