ADVERTISEMENT

ESL v NC

The NC offense is finally starting to score like many thought they would all year. They drubbed a decent Dekalb team Friday. Their D is playing hard nosed football as well.

East Side will get their best shot, no doubt. They need the win to get in the playoffs.

That being said I don’t see them hanging with the Flyers.

Reactions: Gene K.
This might just be the game of the week. NC needs the win or probably no playoffs. East side has been steam rolling everyone, except for NV. They could get bumped up to 6A but I would enjoy seeing them in 5A. Maybe enjoy isn't the right word but face offs with other 5A contenders would be some games I would love to go to.

This might just be the game of the week. NC needs the win or probably no playoffs. East side has been steam rolling everyone, except for NV. They could get bumped up to 6A but I would enjoy seeing them in 5A. Maybe enjoy isn't the right word but face offs with other 5A contenders would be some games I would love to go to.

Gene
With all do respect since ESL is ranked #1 in the State why wouldn’t you like to see them play the other top teams in the state. Loyola, MC, Warren, LWE. Wouldn’t you rather they play up to the competition? I certainly would enjoy seeing these match ups.

Reactions: sivada2001
I’m not soucie by any means but I’m thinking NC has a decent shot of making the playoffs at 4-5.

I’m not soucie by any means but I’m thinking NC has a decent shot of making the playoffs at 4-5.
Is that even possible .. when I looked it didn't seem like 4 wins gets you in... But if they do... They may play LWE first round. Wow

Is that even possible .. when I looked it didn't seem like 4 wins gets you in... But if they do... They may play LWE first round. Wow
NC Likely play winner of Oswego-Minooka first round (and win). Marist would be #31 seed because they will finish 4-5 and could draw LWE/ND/Loser of SPC game

Joliet West will likely be another 4-5 playoff team.
remember, they would take the 4-5 teams with the most playoff points regardless of class. Marist (52pts) would get in first then NC (48pts) St Laurence/Dakota/Whitney Young next in line. Joliet West isn't getting in, they no longer are listed on IHSA outlook

remember, they would take the 4-5 teams with the most playoff points regardless of class. Marist (52pts) would get in first then NC (48pts) St Laurence/Dakota/Whitney Young next in line. Joliet West isn't getting in, they no longer are listed on IHSA outlook
They are going to win the SPC East and get an automatic spot.

Reactions: USD24
I'm hoping they go to 6a. I don't think my Titans will have much of a chance from what I saw of the Batavia game. Assuming Boylan makes it out of a very tough 5a north bracket.

They are going to win the SPC East and get an automatic spot.

Correct, Plainfield South (4-4, 3-1) host Romeoville while Plainfield East (4-4, 3-1) is at Joliet Central and Joliet West (3-5, 3-1)plays at Plainfield Central with all three possibly finishing in a tie. The tiebreaker is points allowed in head-to-head games with West at 36, South at 49 and East at 52. (per Soucie's article)

Correct, Plainfield South (4-4, 3-1) host Romeoville while Plainfield East (4-4, 3-1) is at Joliet Central and Joliet West (3-5, 3-1)plays at Plainfield Central with all three possibly finishing in a tie. The tiebreaker is points allowed in head-to-head games with West at 36, South at 49 and East at 52. (per Soucie's article)
Well, I did say JW would win the East, I just didn't expect it that way.

I'm hoping they go to 6a. I don't think my Titans will have much of a chance from what I saw of the Batavia game. Assuming Boylan makes it out of a very tough 5a north bracket.

AS of this week ESL is bouncing between 5A and 6A , IHSA outlook this week is back to 5A. Will not be known until final tally.

Gene
With all do respect since ESL is ranked #1 in the State why wouldn’t you like to see them play the other top teams in the state. Loyola, MC, Warren, LWE. Wouldn’t you rather they play up to the competition? I certainly would enjoy seeing these match ups.
Corey: Its a little selfish on my part to see ESL stay in 5A. They obviously have the talent to play against 6a and higher classes but I would really like to see how Montini, Rita, Hillcrest, and JCA, would stack up against them. It's high school football and anything can happen on any given day. The last time I saw East Side play was at East Side's stadium against Montini several years ago.

Last years 5A championship between Montini and JCA, was won by JCA who came in with a worse won lost record than Montini's, so you never know how a game will turn out. Nequa Valley proved to me in their game versus ESL earlier this year, that a team with good QB, who can sling the ball and run the option as well as a good running back has a chance for the upset. That team would also need to have a pretty decent defense to stop the potent Flyer offense. Turnovers, home field advantage, and penalties can also impact any game that is played in HS football. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part though!

Corey: Its a little selfish on my part to see ESL stay in 5A. They obviously have the talent to play against 6a and higher classes but I would really like to see how Montini, Rita, Hillcrest, and JCA, would stack up against them. It's high school football and anything can happen on any given day. The last time I saw East Side play was at East Side's stadium against Montini several years ago.

Last years 5A championship between Montini and JCA, was won by JCA who came in with a worse won lost record than Montini's, so you never know how a game will turn out. Nequa Valley proved to me in their game versus ESL earlier this year, that a team with good QB, who can sling the ball and run the option as well as a good running back has a chance for the upset. That team would also need to have a pretty decent defense to stop the potent Flyer offense. Turnovers, home field advantage, and penalties can also impact any game that is played in HS football. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part though!

Thanks Gene
Like everyone has said your a class act. I would love it if they played some of the top 8A or 7A schools like LA, LWE, MS, Warren, HF, Bolingbrook, HC, not because I think they couldn’t hang with them but I think the games would be legendary. It’s not going to happen but we can dream.

4 years ago there was a team that went into week 9 at 4-4 and was facing the #1 team in the state for a chance to get into the playoffs. That 4-4 team ended up playing NC in the 1st round the next week and almost pulled off the upset there too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT