ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 5 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
This week should provide closer games than the first two weeks of conference play. Let's see if we can get some separation in the standings.

CoM-24 Viator-20...who knows with this one. Carmel's offense has shown a few more signs of life.

Pats-38 Marian-14...Shamrocks' season will come down to final two games against Viator and Carmel

Naz-27 Benet-7...Redwings' struggled with ND's speed last week. It doesn't get any 'slower' this week. Roadrunners break off a few big plays and defense suffocates Benet.

ND-30 MCC-10...Dons have struggled with MCC since the Hurricanes have joined the conference. However, it's homecoming in Niles coming off a big win--I think the Dons run away with this one.

*GOTW* Marist-35 JCA-21...Marist pulls away in the 4th.

A lot of 5-0/4-1 records last week--big swing game was the Benet/ND game (although there was one poster who had CoM over JCA...look towards the bottom of the standings). Voodoo maintains his voodoo over the standings.

1. Voodoo Tatum (last week: 5-0, overall: 18-2 (90%))
2. pjjp (last week:5-0, overall: 25-5 (83%))
2. lkhammer57 (last week: 5-0, overall: 25-5 (83%))
2. DigitalCy (last week: 5-0, overall: 25-5 (83%))
2. stonedlizard (last week: 4-1, overall: 25-5 (83%))
3. DCH88 (last week: 4-1, overall: 24-6 (80%))
4. PowerI66 (last week: 5-0, overall: 23-7 (77%))
5. Southland Fan 2016 (last week: 5-0, overall: 22-8 (73%))
6. NWSideIrish (last week: 5-0, overall: 15-5 (67%))
6. ESCC Fan (last week: 4-1, overall: 20-10 (67%))
7. JolietWest89 (last week: 3-2, overall: 15-15 (50%))

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
This week should provide closer games than the first two weeks of conference play. Let's see if we can get some separation in the standings.

CoM-24 Viator-20...who knows with this one. Carmel's offense has shown a few more signs of life.

Pats-38 Marian-14...Shamrocks' season will come down to final two games against Viator and Carmel

Naz-27 Benet-7...Redwings' struggled with ND's speed last week. It doesn't get any 'slower' this week. Roadrunners break off a few big plays and defense suffocates Benet.

ND-30 MCC-10...Dons have struggled with MCC since the Hurricanes have joined the conference. However, it's homecoming in Niles coming off a big win--I think the Dons run away with this one.

A lot of 5-0/4-1 records last week--big swing game was the Benet/ND game (although there was one poster who had CoM over JCA...look towards the bottom of the standings). Voodoo maintains his voodoo over the standings.

Naz vs. Benet is the actual GOTW on Comcast.

CoM over Viator....this is a tough pick. I think Viator's defense is better than CoM, but the Corsairs have a better offense. They have some weapons. I'm guessing they will score enough to pull it off. Could go either way.

Pat's over Marian of the Heights....for my fellow ESCC members who do not like the possible merger with the CCL, consider the plight of Marian Catholic. They currently get to play Marist, Naz, Benet and JCA every year in the South region of the ESCC. They would definitely benefit from the CCL merger and some different conference opponents.

Naz over Benet....this is a tough game for Benet on the heels of the ND loss. It's in Lisle, but the speed of the Roadrunners will present a major challenge. Benet has a good defense and a nice team, but this is a bad matchup for them.

ND over MCC....would like MCC's chances of keeping this close more if it was in Woodstock. ND's speed and depth of talent will be too much for the Hurricanes.

Marist over JCA....two questions here: can the JCA defense slow down the high-powered Redhawk offense? Will JCA be able to run the ball effectively? If the answer is no to either question, the Redhawks will win going away. Here again is where the possible merger makes sense. IMO, JCA has the talent to be a 5A playoff team this year. However, they are going to need to somehow upset one of the following: (8A) Marist, (SF'd 7A) Naz, (normally 8A when not waived) ND, or (7A) Benet. I'm guessing Benet is their best chance, but this conference has a wide disparity of enrollments, which don't work for everyone, IMO. I get a kick out of the C-G people complaining that (6A) C-G has to play (8A) Huntley. How about the above slate for a 5A team?

CoM over Viator....this is a tough pick. I think Viator's defense is better than CoM, but the Corsairs have a better offense. They have some weapons. I'm guessing they will score enough to pull it off. Could go either way.

Pat's over Marian of the Heights....for my fellow ESCC members who do not like the possible merger with the CCL, consider the plight of Marian Catholic. They currently get to play Marist, Naz, Benet and JCA every year in the South region of the ESCC. They would definitely benefit from the CCL merger and some different conference opponents.

Naz over Benet....this is a tough game for Benet on the heels of the ND loss. It's in Lisle, but the speed of the Roadrunners will present a major challenge. Benet has a good defense and a nice team, but this is a bad matchup for them.

ND over MCC....would like MCC's chances of keeping this close more if it was in Woodstock. ND's speed and depth of talent will be too much for the Hurricanes.

Marist over JCA....two questions here: can the JCA defense slow down the high-powered Redhawk offense? Will JCA be able to run the ball effectively? If the answer is no to either question, the Redhawks will win going away. Here again is where the possible merger makes sense. IMO, JCA has the talent to be a 5A playoff team this year. However, they are going to need to somehow upset one of the following: (8A) Marist, (SF'd 7A) Naz, (normally 8A when not waived) ND, or (7A) Benet. I'm guessing Benet is their best chance, but this conference has a wide disparity of enrollments, which don't work for everyone, IMO. I get a kick out of the C-G people complaining that (6A) C-G has to play (8A) Huntley. How about the above slate for a 5A team?
But you can recruit. :cool:

Sucks for JCA for sure. Been saying that from day 1. When you can’t get two cupcake nonconference games because nobody wants to play you, it’s a long haul. What makes it worse, ND and Naz and Marist should be home games. Played them away last year. Really got screwed there. Only 4 home games. I agree it all comes down to JCA defense this week. If you followed this JCA team since freshmen year against Marist, it has been a shootout. Came down to lack of defense for JCA. I believe the offense will be able to play 4 quarters this time and run the ball well. Last year, JCA ran the ball at will in the first half. Remember, the O-line was all juniors and Marist had at least 3 D-1 linemen. Score at half time was 14-14. This time around, O-line is experienced and ready. Will JCA defense step up????? I think this game will be closer then people think. Take it one week at a time. Gonna be a slug fest for sure.

Reactions: Gene K.
Sucks for JCA for sure. Been saying that from day 1. When you can’t get two cupcake nonconference games because nobody wants to play you, it’s a long haul. What makes it worse, ND and Naz and Marist should be home games. Played them away last year. Really got screwed there. Only 4 home games. I agree it all comes down to JCA defense this week. If you followed this JCA team since freshmen year against Marist, it has been a shootout. Came down to lack of defense for JCA. I believe the offense will be able to play 4 quarters this time and run the ball well. Last year, JCA ran the ball at will in the first half. Remember, the O-line was all juniors and Marist had at least 3 D-1 linemen. Score at half time was 14-14. This time around, O-line is experienced and ready. Will JCA defense step up????? I think this game will be closer then people think. Take it one week at a time. Gonna be a slug fest for sure.

Scheduling should not be an issue. JCA could easily get 2 CPS "cupcakes" as you call it to play them. Schools pay $3-5k to play CPS schools so maybe JCA doesn't want to fork out the money. JCA also had those teams at home for 2-3 years in a row a couple years back. I'm pretty sure The AD at JCA makes the conference schedule (or did in the past) so take it up with him.

Carmel over Viator: This is not a game for the faint of heart. Carmel has shown a little more fight than Viator's this season.

Pats over Marian: Shamrocks win but by how much will tell us how they responded from the 2 spankings they received the last 2 weeks.

Naz over Benet: Benet is a good team with size and ability. Naz is an elite team with size, ability, speed, and a sense of nastiness that is needed to be champions. Naz sends a hard message to the ESCC with a strong showing

ND over MCC: I'm torn on this. Homecoming games are a Coach's worst nightmare and with ND having a strong win last week, this is setup to be a trap game. I think they win a close one with a strong 4th quarter.

Marist over JCA: Marist wins by a comfortable margin.

Scheduling should not be an issue. JCA could easily get 2 CPS "cupcakes" as you call it to play them. Schools pay $3-5k to play CPS schools so maybe JCA doesn't want to fork out the money. JCA also had those teams at home for 2-3 years in a row a couple years back. I'm pretty sure The AD at JCA makes the conference schedule (or did in the past) so take it up with him.
Never had the same team at home two years in a row in the last 3 years. You must be going back further. Only saying bad timing for that to happen this year. Not looking to take it up with anyone either. Just stating JCA not taking the high road and it hurts their playoff chances. If that’s the reason not to get cupcake cps schools, that’s on JCA. But I was told by a Joliet Coach games are hard to find because a the offense they run. Only team that runs it and a whole lot of time to prep for it. Not wise to schedule a game then. That was what I was told. Not like other top caliber teams do even though they don’t have too. Not calling anyone out or implying anything. But I’m sure someone will assume something I didn’t say, you watch.

Never had the same team at home two years in a row in the last 3 years. You must be going back further. Only saying bad timing for that to happen this year. Not looking to take it up with anyone either. Just stating JCA not taking the high road and it hurts their playoff chances. If that’s the reason not to get cupcake cps schools, that’s on JCA. But I was told by a Joliet Coach games are hard to find because a the offense they run. Only team that runs it and a whole lot of time to prep for it. Not wise to schedule a game then. That was what I was told. Not like other top caliber teams do even though they don’t have too. Not calling anyone out or implying anything. But I’m sure someone will assume something I didn’t say, you watch.
Must be something with the ESCC scheduling Naz was at JCA 2015 and 2016 as well as 2011 and 2012.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty positive Sharp is in charge of ESCC scheduling.

Must be something with the ESCC scheduling Naz was at JCA 2015 and 2016 as well as 2011 and 2012.
Schedules change every year with 2 teams added and 2 teams dropped off everyone’s schedule, as a result this stuff will happen. Naz for instance has Carmel and Marian on the road 2 years in a row. Neither are that good so I doubt you have Naz fans complaining but it helps to show everyone has the same issue, nature of the beast in having a rotating schedule which allows for two non con games.

Ladies and Gentleman (I’m assuming mostly men, but there are some football moms on the forum and maybe some are ESCC followers as well!!)

This is a tough week to pick in the ESCC for me. Since I am not a native to the Conference - I’m going to have to do some real research this week (I don’t have an Edgy Nation back stage pass and a subscription to the Daily Herald for nothin!!);)

Pjjp, Ike and Digitalcy are Nipping at my heels and it’s critical for my Ego that I maintain my position on top of the standings!! My picks will be in by Friday morning!!

Studiously yours
Voodoo Tatum

Ladies and Gentleman (I’m assuming mostly men, but there are some football moms on the forum and maybe some are ESCC followers as well!!)

This is a tough week to pick in the ESCC for me. Since I am not a native to the Conference - I’m going to have to do some real research this week (I don’t have an Edgy Nation back stage pass and a subscription to the Daily Herald for nothin!!);)

Pjjp, Ike and Digitalcy are Nipping at my heels and it’s critical for my Ego that I maintain my position on top of the standings!! My picks will be in by Friday morning!!

Studiously yours
Voodoo Tatum
Are these gloating posts even allowed in the ESCC Prediction thread? :cool:

Are these gloating posts even allowed in the ESCC Prediction thread? :cool:

Not sure! I’m just an orphaned interloper on a roll!!!;) When I am at the bottom of the pack in week 8 I’m sure I will get plenty of smack tossed my way:p but until then...... how can a DVC guy be barrel rolling the ESCC experts? Just luck? Or does he have “the gift”.?;)

Not sure! I’m just an orphaned interloper on a roll!!!;) When I am at the bottom of the pack in week 8 I’m sure I will get plenty of smack tossed my way:p but until then...... how can a DVC guy be barrel rolling the ESCC experts? Just luck? Or does he have “the gift”.?;)
Pssst, think long and hard about the Marist vs Jca game. ( Remember St Rita ). Lol. This was for Vodoo eyes only. No others can respond to this post. Lol

Like JCA a merger would help MCC to. With this years freshman class at 117 next years football enrollment might be less than JCA's making them the smallest school in the conference.

Reactions: pjjp
I’m pretty sure the last two ND/JC games were in Joliet?

Hahah I am here to justify by bold underlined all caps BENET pick. Number one i feel like Benet plays pretty tough versus tough competition. They have made some deep playoff runs over the years as well as compete for ESCC title. Number two I just think everyone is getting a little to behind Naz right now, and that tends to get to HS athletes heads quickly which may lead to Naz slipping one. Lastly, i am at the bottom end of ESCC weekly picks competition and this upset would boost my momentum greatly.

Hahah I am here to justify by bold underlined all caps BENET pick. Number one i feel like Benet plays pretty tough versus tough competition. They have made some deep playoff runs over the years as well as compete for ESCC title. Number two I just think everyone is getting a little to behind Naz right now, and that tends to get to HS athletes heads quickly which may lead to Naz slipping one. Lastly, i am at the bottom end of ESCC weekly picks competition and this upset would boost my momentum greatly.

BOLD MOVE COTTON LETS SEE IF IT WORKS OUT FOR HIM!

Ok, here it goes. The posse travels to 115th and Pulaski to take on Marist. Wearing the underdog tag is very understandable here. IMO, it will be a shoot out for 4 quarters. Based on this team playing Marist as freshmen in the three years, It will be who can stop these offenses more. If Jca can’t hold them under 30 points, I think it will be a rough game for them. Will be a high scoring game for sure. This Hillmen team is coming in hungry and ready to play. They need to prove the IC game was an aboration on their part. Need to win this week or next week against benet. I’m going with the underdog in this one. JCA 35 - Marist 28.

Studiously yours
Voodoo Tatum

I think you're forgetting someone...

ADVERTISEMENT