ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 5 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
Time to get over the halfway hump of the regular season (crazy):

Viator-30 CoM-22...Viator needs a win here to keep their playoff hopes alive as I don't see them beating ND or Naz

Marist-49 Marian-7

MCC-24 JCA-13

Naz-26 Benet-17

ND-40 Pats-21...Best rivalry in the state in my (biased) opinion. Shamrocks keep it close first half but Dons pull away in the 2nd.

Benet @ Nazareth will come down to the final minute IMO. Decided by <= 3 points.

Reactions: Gene K.
Viator over Carmel....tough loss last week for Viator against Benet. Agreed that this is a must win for their playoff hopes. Have to give the Lions the edge against the young Corsairs at home.

Marist over Marian of the Heights....long year for the Spartans.

ND over Pat's....great rivalry game. ND is tough physically and Ty Gavin is having a great year. Should run wild against the Pat's defense.

JCA over MCC....this is a must win for MCC's playoff hopes. No idea on the status of their injury situation. If it's as bad as alleged and coupled with the drive from Woodstock, I'll give the Hilltoppers a slight edge at home. Interesting coaching matchup between two former teammates.

Naz over Benet....GOTW. Benet pulled one out last week. Naz is at home and has a decided speed advantage. Nice test before Week 7 for the Roadrunners.

SV over CoM high scoring affair. May be only chance for CoM W this year. But no.
Marist in a close one. Just kidding.
MCC over JCA easy
Naz over Benet
ND over SP easy

No. Naz by 14.
I think this one could potentially not be close. Naz almost won this last year at Benet, Benet won in the final minutes. Those kids are all a year older, will be at home, will be motivated. I'm not very tuned into either program at all, but as long as Naz is healthy, I think this could be a 2-3 score game.

Viator- Carmel struggles to keep up with the sticks
Marist- started rest again by end of 1st qtr
ND- Gavin is gonna go nuts on that defense
MCC- Toss up IMO
Naz- can the Benet Oline give the kid time to throw?

Viator - CoM = Viator +21. The two RB's in Viator backfield are probably the fastest combined pair in the conference, not individually but as a pair. Very well coached team. COM is down and won't come close to matching the speed.

Marist- Marian = Marist +42, been a long decade for Marian

MCC- JCA = MCC +10 even with QB3 in place.

ND - Pats- = ND +14

Naz- Benet = Benet +9 - in the ND/NAZ game, ND turned the ball over 4 times on bad snaps without contact. In the COM game against a down COM team, Naz had 151 yards on 16 penalties against them. The Naz OLine is not even close to that great line they had 2-3 years ago. Fans always get excited for their teams, but, this is not a dominant Naz team as in the past. Benet wins this one in a slugfest.

Reactions: jtrailblazer7
Naz- Benet = Benet +9 - in the ND/NAZ game, ND turned the ball over 4 times on bad snaps without contact. In the COM game against a down COM team, Naz had 151 yards on 16 penalties against them. The Naz OLine is not even close to that great line they had 2-3 years ago. Fans always get excited for their teams, but, this is not a dominant Naz team as in the past. Benet wins this one in a slugfest.
Interesting analysis....should be a good one.

Should have been more precise. Naz 2 OTs had 5 holding penalties between them alone against COM, the 2 DE's on Benet are very quick. Might make for a long night.
I think you touched on Benet's path to the upset. Naz is still a young team. Benet needs to play a clean, disciplined game and hope for the young Roadrunners to make mistakes (penalties etc.). Naz' speed can cause turnovers. Benet will need to play relatively turnover free and win the battles at the LOS, as well, IMO.

Viator
Marist
ND over Pats- I wonder if this being a rivalry that it ends up being closer than people are expecting
JCA over MCC- Really not sure about how I feel about this game and I don't know what JCA is like, but injuries and a trip from Woodstock to Joliet on a Friday evening does not sound like a great recipe for success, sitting in traffic on a bus is brutal
Naz over Benet

Fun story line to watch over this week thru the rest of the regular season is MCC and Viator. That matchup next week might be the game of the week as both teams fight for their playoff lives, especially if MCC does not pull out a win tonight.

Viator
Marist
ND over Pats- I wonder if this being a rivalry that it ends up being closer than people are expecting
JCA over MCC- Really not sure about how I feel about this game and I don't know what JCA is like, but injuries and a trip from Woodstock to Joliet on a Friday evening does not sound like a great recipe for success, sitting in traffic on a bus is brutal
Naz over Benet
Long bus rides? If any team is used to long bus rides, it's MCC! Every trip, besides Carmel, its 2 to 3 hours, mostly because of traffic!

Reactions: lkhammer57
Long bus rides? If any team is used to long bus rides, it's MCC! Every trip, besides Carmel, its 2 to 3 hours, mostly because of traffic!
Thats very true, if it was just the long bus ride I would feel alright with it, but is Gavin or Nemo back? The injuries are what I'm worried about.

This JCA/MCC game is interesting and monstrous for the Canes. The injuries at MCC indeed are significant. They've shifted around some players but will it be enough to beat this JCA team?

As far as Viator I've heard that they are for real this year. Knowing Viator though, they'l go out and lose to Carmel tonight...

Reactions: Ajax217
Viator over Carmel. Long season for them.
Marist Huge!
ND in a blowout.
MCC by 14 over JCA despite MCC mash unit.
Benet in a close one. Could come down to a field goal.

Reactions: FF92
Time to get over the halfway hump of the regular season (crazy):

Viator-30 CoM-22...Viator needs a win here to keep their playoff hopes alive as I don't see them beating ND or Naz

Marist-49 Marian-7

MCC-24 JCA-13

Naz-26 Benet-17

ND-40 Pats-21...Best rivalry in the state in my (biased) opinion. Shamrocks keep it close first half but Dons pull away in the 2nd.
ESCC LOL have you been south of North Ave. Now that Pats plays home games at Triton. There are a lot of better rivalries. St. Rita vs. Mt. Carmel tonight comes way ahead of these two schools which aren't even close.

ESCC LOL have you been south of North Ave. Now that Pats plays home games at Triton. There are a lot of better rivalries. St. Rita vs. Mt. Carmel tonight comes way ahead of these two schools which aren't even close.

I've been to Rita-Mt. Carmel games. And know many grads of both schools. Still think the ND/Pats rivalry is better. Sucks that the Shamrocks don't have a home field, but the atmosphere any time the two meet in Niles or at either gym in basketball is absolutely electric.

Reactions: dmthunder77
Great win by Nazareth.
Went to see Naz live today... Holy cow that defense is spectacular. If they can settle on a QB or find a way to get their receivers the ball they can be state championship caliber. Interesting to see another special teams coach kick to Devin Blakley. Benet's D was pretty good too but Naz's ineptitude in the pass game added Benet's performance. #32 is a monster though for Benet. Hopefully Benet's QB is ok, he got beat up pretty good and pretty sure left the game and didn't return. Quality game, hopefully Fenwick can give me another tomorrow.

Naz D is special, saw other talent on that team shine ( Evans, Lones, Love). Lee had his best game as a road runner to date!

Also, got to see the freshman QB earlier and was really impressed with him!

Went to see Naz live today... Holy cow that defense is spectacular. If they can settle on a QB or find a way to get their receivers the ball they can be state championship caliber. Interesting to see another special teams coach kick to Devin Blakley. Benet's D was pretty good too but Naz's ineptitude in the pass game added Benet's performance. #32 is a monster though for Benet. Hopefully Benet's QB is ok, he got beat up pretty good and pretty sure left the game and didn't return. Quality game, hopefully Fenwick can give me another tomorrow.
Stats show 69 yards given up

Naz D is special, saw other talent on that team shine ( Evans, Lones, Love). Lee had his best game as a road runner to date!

Also, got to see the freshman QB earlier and was really impressed with him!
So....I saw him too- agree the frosh looks good. Will he get any varsity snaps? He's the young Mitchell T just waiting in the wings- the kid can sling it!

Benet QB broken thumb on throwing hand. Hopefully by playoffs.

Reactions: Paliakas1
ADVERTISEMENT