ADVERTISEMENT

Entrance Exam Today

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
I'm predicting low numbers all around with the date moved up.

Handicapping the numbers - BR as they did not play in post season should lead the pack as their coaches had extra free month to work the grades schools. MC should be slightly up with a good season. Marist will stay the same. SR will down because they went selective enrollment last year. A lot of kids will not take the chance not getting accepted.

My guess MC has the largest increase.

Handicapping the numbers - BR as they did not play in post season should lead the pack as their coaches had extra free month to work the grades schools. MC should be slightly up with a good season. Marist will stay the same. SR will down because they went selective enrollment last year. A lot of kids will not take the chance not getting accepted.

My guess MC has the largest increase.

I forgot what the numbers were last year, but here is what I got. My source only gave me these three schools. If I am incorrect, someone in the know, please set the record straight. I did assume (and Iggy was correct) all numbers would be down due to the early date and other factors that have been discussed on here before.

SouthSideCFD, I know you were handicapping, but here are the numbers according to my source:

Chicago St. Rita 223
Chicago Mt. Carmel 210
Chicago Brother Rice 177

Well let's be happy I did not put any money on that pick.

I do not wish any ill-will on any school, but I am happy for Cascia getting those numbers. Wonder what Round 2 of testing will bring forth. I wouldn't be surprised if Cascia did not have a second test due to the selective enrollment issue.

I do not wish any ill-will on any school, but I am happy for Cascia getting those numbers. Wonder what Round 2 of testing will bring forth. I wouldn't be surprised if Cascia did not have a second test due to the selective enrollment issue.
I'm sure SR will still offer the second test. Just right to give families two dates because peoples' schedules are so tight.
Great numbers for Rita. Would wish all the schools were up. Hopefully with the new date we may see a lower number on test one and bigger numbers on test day 2. Like usually you have 10-20 on test 2. Hopefully all the schools see more like 25-50 on test 2

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Clearly time for a change at the very top at Rice. It's his watch (simply put) and hopefully the fellow alums and even a Board member or two will push the change.

I forgot what the numbers were last year, but here is what I got. My source only gave me these three schools. If I am incorrect, someone in the know, please set the record straight. I did assume (and Iggy was correct) all numbers would be down due to the early date and other factors that have been discussed on here before.

SouthSideCFD, I know you were handicapping, but here are the numbers according to my source:

Chicago St. Rita 223
Chicago Mt. Carmel 210
Chicago Brother Rice 177
Wow!! These number are fantastic for SR. With the school going to the success factor last year I was worried that a lot of kids would not take the chance of not getting in. If fact knowing that fact I’ll guess we got a great group of kids.

And hats off to the guys at St. Rita’s administration who worked their butts off for a whole year to get quality kids to test today.

Congrats to SR and JCA. And I believe MC numbers are up over last year too. Marist numbers? They seem to be pretty consent as they limit the enrollment to about 50/50 boys girls.

DLS/STL/LEO? I'd like to see Leo do well.

We'll be fine even with the anomoly test year - this is good that it'll wake up the alums and the Board to make a long needed change at the top of the admin. Guy doesn't reasonate with many of the alums. You need some new blood at the top.

Great weather, at least that is not an excuse.

Which brings up a trivia question: as much as any prospective CCL or ESCC student should be able to handle the elements, was there a particular January date in the past with severe winter weather which had to be delayed to the afternoon, postponed or saw more kids do the makeup date than show up that morning?

What did STL test?
It'll be interesting to see their numbers since it's the first year with girls testing too. And when the number is posted, will it have a breakdown of number of boys and number of girls?
Congrats to SR and JCA. And I believe MC numbers are up over last year too. Marist numbers? They seem to be pretty consent as they limit the enrollment to about 50/50 boys girls.

DLS/STL/LEO? I'd like to see Leo do well.
Hope Stella or voice of meteor could shed light on DLS number.

Meteor tested 404, 226 Boys and 188 Girls. Very Very Good. Laurence tested 161 Boys and 122 Girls. 177 at Rice is absolutely atrocious, the negative recruiting is catching up. Its a shame
Well my DLS guy's is ecstatic. Texted me he'll call me back.

Great weather, at least that is not an excuse.

Which brings up a trivia question: as much as any prospective CCL or ESCC student should be able to handle the elements, was there a particular January date in the past with severe winter weather which had to be delayed to the afternoon, postponed or saw more kids do the makeup date than show up that morning?

Years ago, on test day at LA, a ski club was meeting up at the buses beforehand and an organizer told people as they entered the lot "it's cancelled - it's cancelled" and cars turned around.

Years ago, on test day at LA, a ski club was meeting up at the buses beforehand and an organizer told people as they entered the lot "it's cancelled - it's cancelled" and cars turned around.
I wonder if they they were going to Aspen or Vail? I'll bet they had nutritional snacks on the bus.

Just saw LA tuition is 16,250 and Iggy's is 18K. Every Firefighter, Paramedic, and Police Officer I know with kids in private schools is working two and three jobs. Hat's off to you guys and gals!

Meteor tested 404, 226 Boys and 188 Girls. Very Very Good. Laurence tested 161 Boys and 122 Girls. 177 at Rice is absolutely atrocious, the negative recruiting is catching up. Its a shame

That is very good news for Meteor. I know OthelloLost is smiling right now. Larry is up as well, correct? I thought last year or two years ago, they had a real low numbers.

I can tell you probably 80 of them are from the Beverly/Mt. Greenwood schools, so they did very poorly outside the area. Only thing that matters is who shows up in August but this is really an all time low for them

I can tell you probably 80 of them are from the Beverly/Mt. Greenwood schools, so they did very poorly outside the area. Only thing that matters is who shows up in August but this is really an all time low for them
Based upon past experience what percentage of accepted students actually show up? With legacies I'll bet MC is fairly high.

Most schools send out acceptance letters first. Then a registration fee is required and a tuition schedule is set. You have a good idea who's coming in August by Memorial Day or when the first tuition check is due. Then the kids can buy their ipads and download their text books and reading materials.

I still think the AP books are hard covered. The backpack/book bags still look awful heavy with most of the books on the ipads.

Last edited:
Based upon past experience what percentage of accepted students actually show up? With legacies I'll bet MC is fairly high.
I'm guessing they'll lose 25 who took the test, maybe pick up 5 who didn't test and flipped to MC...so they should have 185-190 in August, give or take a few

Well guys I'm impressed!!!

The thread been up all day and no one has talked about good the football players are testing at any school all day.

The thread been up all day and no one has talked about good the football players are testing at any school all day.

That will come later. First you have to fill the seats and met operational costs. Something public schools never have to worry about.

Reactions: RockSoup
That will come later. First you have to fill the seats and met operational costs. Something public schools never have to worry about.

Harper, Robeson and Lincoln Way North disagree.

LOL! Good point. Football players? You talkin' football players? For all I know, SR could have the best chess team for the next few years. I wonder if the admin at SR will take more than 150?

LOL! Good point. Football players? You talkin' football players? For all I know, SR could have the best chess team for the next few years. I wonder if the admin at SR will take more than 150?
How many good football players recently considered baseball their number one sport and football their hobby sport. Wrestlers Jerome Ward and Jahwon Awki? While the football over achieved in some minds this year the golf team did great. You never know. Give it few days. I'm sure someone will have the best incoming class of all-time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT