ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Van Halen dies

Blue Ruin

May 16, 2019
Chicago
at age 65 from throat cancer. On a previous thread on our favorite bands, Van Halen was mentioned more than once.

Some good tunes being played on the radio right now.

RIP Eddie

My favorite VH songs(In no particular order)

Ain't talkin 'bout love
Eruption
Dreams
When its love
Summer nights
Panama

The first and only time I seen Van Halen.......Just F....kin Awesome! I believe it was in 1979! Man I'm old! The "Girl you really got me" cover was just really starting to get air play on FM radio along with just about everything else on that album. Seen them at an awesome club for live music in Silver Lake Wisconsin called Hooker Lake Inn! It was an old barn converted into a bar. A buddy of mine and I got there and was informed it was sold out. We slipped the doorman $20 each to get in. It was almost impossible to move around. The main floor was packed along with the open hay loft, with the stage on one end in the loft. Opened up with Running with the devil. Oh my God the car horn in the start of the song with Michael Anthony's bass.....then the guitar God coming in..... WOW! So loud and crystal clear! The way rock is suppose to be listened to....ear bleeding level! Right into the next song....Eruption! Us want to be rockers all wondered how he could get that sound out of his guitar......he never looked at his fingers....both of his hands were on the neck dancing with amazing speed across the frets! His mouth was open with a big grin and joy, along with his 12, 100 watt stacked Marshall amps behind him just staring into the crowd! We all knew we were in the presence of a true guitar God seeing a new level we have never seen before! Rest in Piece Eddie!

Saw them at the Peoria Civic Center in 86 with Hagar and the 5150 tour. Drove up from ISU. It was a different sound with Sammy but they rocked none the less. Saw them again about 5 years ago and Eddie still killed it. The front man thing was up and down but Eddie never lost a step. R.I.P.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT