East St Louis football classic schedule

flyerforlife

Oct 2, 2010
As of right now its a great day for football labor day weekend

Game 1 St. Louis Cardinal Ritter vs Cahokia

Game 2 St. louis Chaminade vs Chicago Phillips

Game 3 St. Louis Lutheran North vs HF Vikings

Game 4 St. Louis Trinity Catholic vs ESL Flyers

All of the St. Louis schools are Powerhouse Catholic high schools.

Last edited:
Some background:

St. Louis Trinity Catholic lost to Lutheran North in the quarters last year before LN lost 7-6 to Lemar, which ended up as the title winners - their sixth in a row, which extended their streak of 49 straight wins - the third longest in the nation currently.

It's not a "statement" game for ESL - but it will be a heck of a weekend of football!

This is what the soldier field games should be. Such a shame 2 top Chicago area teams have to travel to East Side to get these games. Kudos to the flyers for putting this together.

Some background:

St. Louis Trinity Catholic lost to Lutheran North in the quarters last year before LN lost 7-6 to Lemar, which ended up as the title winners - their sixth in a row, which extended their streak of 49 straight wins - the third longest in the nation currently.

It's not a "statement" game for ESL - but it will be a heck of a weekend of football!

Some background:

Trinity have more than 100 D1 offers

As of right now its a great day for football labor day weekend

Game 1 St. louis Chaminade vs Chicago Phillips

Game 2 St. Louis Lutheran North vs HF Vikings

Game 3 St. Louis Trinity Catholic vs ESL Flyers

All of the St. Louis schools are Powerhouse Catholic high schools.

That's an interesting name for a Catholic school!

Edit: Beaten to the punch by ignazio.

Now this is a showcase (on paper, big names)!!!!! Like @CPSFan said, Big city Chicago should be giving us games like this at Toyota/Soldiers Field annually. Keep the JV games we've been getting on campus. I hope the Preseason Prep Bowl organizers take note

You guys are gonna be suprised. Personally I think all games will be good. Don't think the last 2 will be running clocks.

Reactions: Tez711
MO football is better than IL. I see two competitive games with ESL running the clock.
I don't know about all of that Crusader. Trinity and LN are both small schools and up and coming programs. I don't think they can compete with most of the powerhouse teams from IL. CBC is the best program in MO that is regional. You get up into the KC area and Teams are much better. However, still not comparable to say a Loyola, Glenbard West, MC, ESL..St Rita...the list goes on.

I don't know about all of that Crusader. Trinity and LN are both small schools and up and coming programs. I don't think they can compete with most of the powerhouse teams from IL. CBC is the best program in MO that is regional. You get up into the KC area and Teams are much better. However, still not comparable to say a Loyola, Glenbard West, MC, ESL..St Rita...the list goes on.
You have the STL area - CBC seems to be the top program but there is some high-quality talent in the area.Tthen you also have population centers like KC (Rockhurst) Jefferson City (Blue Springs) and Colombia - not to mention teams down in the boot heel like Poplar Bluff. Not to mention Lamar, which is out in the middle of nowhere.

ADVERTISEMENT