ADVERTISEMENT

Dukane Conference Week #5

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
Should be a good week that will start to give some clarity on the conference championship race.

GBN @ WN
Geneva @ STE
LP @ STN
WWS @ Batavia

2hdqj9k.png

GBN- WN just can’t score points

STE- The Saints bully their way to a victory

STN- The North Stars stay a top the Conference for another week

WWS- My homer pick but the Tigers do match up great on the DL/ OL against the Bulldogs and this will be the difference

* Good luck to Batavia Dogs in trying to find a way to slow down the WWS Sophmore team, they are a pretty special team. *

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
WN (Going with the home team)
STE
STN
Batavia (Going with the home team again)

All eyes are going to be on the WWS v Batavia game. We already know Batavia is for real and can win a title so this game is more about finding out where WWS is really at. I'm guessing this one is going to be a close game with a low score. Less than 28 total points.

WN over GBN: First one to ten wins? GBN's playoff hopes are dead. WN's hopes lie within this game.

STE over Geneva: Easy week for the Saints

STN over LP: Another easy win for a St. Chuck team

Batavia over WWS: I think Batavia gets a comfortable win, but I do believe WWS will not be embarrassed in the slightest.

WN
STE
STN
Batavia....wavered on this one. Could be a statement game for the Tigers. If it was in Wheaton, I may have picked them.

* Good luck to Batavia Dogs in trying to find a way to slow down the WWS Sophmore team, they are a pretty special team. *

Nice to hear that WWS has some talent coming up for next year and the year after. I'm feeling the resurgence of the orange and black. Always good for IL football when WWS is doing well.

Nice to hear that WWS has some talent coming up for next year and the year after. I'm feeling the resurgence of the orange and black. Always good for IL football when WWS is doing well.

The Sophmore’s are easily the best class WWS has had since the O’Toole group, they really have a lot of talented kids. I’m interested to see them against Batavia’s Soph’s.

WN - l Iike their Defense. Yes they having some offensive struggles at present but I think they get enough offensive production to get past a down GBN.

STCE - they should roll easily in this one. If they don’t it could spell trouble down the road.

STCN - too much for the Lancers this year.

Batavia - they have played in recent big games, team is good, they will be ready. WWS back to where they should be, but the multi year hiatus means they are rusty and not used to playing in big games and I think an ill timed frustration penalty or turnover is the difference in this one.

GBN— first one to 10 wins
SCBeast— o will finally get rolling
SCN— ditto
Batavia— expect statement win from dogs

Reactions: Tain33
WN
Chuck East
Chuck North
Fighting Red Granges....bringing back some of that old DVC glory. This is a heart pick, not a head one.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
This thread is so great. Thanks for creating it CBaby. SCN and SCE will dominate. WN should also win. I’ve seen video of Batavia and WWS and they seem to be evenly matched. Lots of similarities in these two teams and very good in all 3 phases. Batavia has some swagger right night until someone takes the chip off their shoulder. WWS could knock them down, but not sure if they can knock them out. I am saying Batavia -4 right now. OVer/Under 38.

Should be a good week that will start to give some clarity on the conference championship race.

GBN @ WN
Geneva @ STE
LP @ STN
WWS @ Batavia

2hdqj9k.png
I'm done trying to pick this conference I clearly cannot pick a high school football game!

This thread is so great. Thanks for creating it CBaby. SCN and SCE will dominate. WN should also win. I’ve seen video of Batavia and WWS and they seem to be evenly matched. Lots of similarities in these two teams and very good in all 3 phases. Batavia has some swagger right night until someone takes the chip off their shoulder. WWS could knock them down, but not sure if they can knock them out. I am saying Batavia -4 right now. OVer/Under 38.

I'd easily take the under!

Voodoo: I'm looking for you to make a strong run to the end on your counterparts in the Dukane. Are you doing as well in the DVC?

Unfortunately there are only 2 of us following the thinned down DVC this year. Naperville Buck doesn’t want to mess with the voodoo in DVC game picking! (Or do you? ;)).

Maybe I should start a thread? Gene would you do some picking if I started a thread? I can’t pick against WV,...so I am at an extreme disadvantage!:(

bccanwin taking LP over St. Charles North?
What do you know that we don't? I know LP has had a few starters out & maybe they are returning this week, and LP's defense is respectable, but what else you got?

bccanwin taking LP over St. Charles North?
What do you know that we don't? I know LP has had a few starters out & maybe they are returning this week, and LP's defense is respectable, but what else you got?

I suspect it's paint fumes

WN in another baseball score at home finally.
StE
STN
BATAVIA but close for 3 quarters.

Holy smokes was I ever wrong. What happened to the Tiger defense?

Batavia's offense is even better than last year. Not sure they get a competitive game this year until late in the playoffs. I think they will hang 40 on both st. charles teams as well.

That said, if East can consistently open up the passing game like they did last nite, that game could end up being a shootout.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
Batavia's offense is even better than last year. Not sure they get a competitive game this year until late in the playoffs. I think they will hang 40 on both st. charles teams as well.

That said, if East can consistently open up the passing game like they did last nite, that game could end up being a shootout.

Batavia is without question a juggernaut. I’m looking forward to this Friday when both St. Charles teams play each other. Same record, equally talented should be a competitive game. Whoever has the ball last and scores....wins. Last year North won by 1 point on a failed 2 point conversion by East in OT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT