ADVERTISEMENT

Draft: Favorite Sports Movie of All Time?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
List your favorite sports movie of all time.....however....you can't post the same movie someone has already listed in this thread. Ready....go!

I think my favorite sports movie is:
“All the Right Moves” from 1982/1983 or so. Yes Tom Cruse movie - but it’s really good and an added bonus is Craig T Nelson is in it!! The Coach!! The only thing that could make it better is if Dobber made an appearance (also the voice of Patrick from Spongebob).

My Favorite sports TV show should be obvious from my forum handle: “Friday Night Lights” (seasons 1 and 2 are the best). Great one to binge on via Netflix or Hulu.

Since the weather was so nice last weekend, I watched the Amazon series-All or Nothing which chronicled this past University of Michigan football season(8-5).

I found it to be very interesting.

Certainly not on par with Tin Cup, Rocky, Brian's Song or others. But interesting.

“All the Right Moves” from 1982/1983 or so. Yes Tom Cruse movie - but it’s really good and an added bonus is Craig T Nelson is in it!! The Coach!! The only thing that could make it better is if Dobber made an appearance (also the voice of Patrick from Spongebob).

My Favorite sports TV show should be obvious from my forum handle: “Friday Night Lights” (seasons 1 and 2 are the best). Great one to binge on via Netflix or Hulu.
I thought season 3 was great too. Joe McCoy was one of my all timed hated TV characters. The show was outstanding, but they never went into what happened to the McCoys, or brought them back for an episode.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21

"All the RIght Moves" was on Sunday night. Love that movie!

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Caddy shack is a sports movie so that gets top nod.

Favorite football movie

varsity Blues
Replacements
Friday night lights

Bull Durham.

Did anyone see Yadi's kerfluffle with the Diamondback's manager who stupidly referenced Yadi as an MF'er?

Well, it seems MF'er is in the same fighting-words category as CS'er is for umpires in Bull Durham. (Bengie Molina was doing the Spanish play by play and caught the audio that captured the offending MF'er slur, and quipped, “When he said it, oh, that’s game on. I wanted to hold my breath and see what happened. I knew something was not right. Then I heard those words to him. I don’t think he meant it. But you don’t say that to anybody. You just don’t say that. Let’s make it clear, he was being offensive. Say it some other way, buddy.”

I need to take this opportunity to let everyone know that in "Hoosiers" the reality is that team was actually a co-favorite the entire season to win the state title. Also, "Friday Night Lights" they of course lost in the semi's and not the title game. Also, there is no Santa Clause.

was hoping someone didn't claim Caddyshack or Lebowski, thus I will take Major League

I say basketball ="Hoop Dreams" , baseball= "The Bad News Bears" -1976 version- and football ="The Last Game" a documentary on CB West football

I thought season 3 was great too. Joe McCoy was one of my all timed hated TV characters. The show was outstanding, but they never went into what happened to the McCoys, or brought them back for an episode.

Yes absolutely! Love that storyline. Reminds me of all the “quarterback And 7v7 coaches Rollin around in today’s HS game in our state. I didn’t much care for the self defense killing and cover up with Tyra and Landry (think that was season 3? Or maybe 2?) that was a bit over the top I thought and was “out there” a bit. But overall - top top notch series!!

Caddy shack is a sports movie so that gets top nod.

Favorite football movie

varsity Blues
Replacements
Friday night lights

Does Caddyshack count as a sports movie? Yes there is a little golf, but I have Caddyshack in my top 5 comedies!

Ok I loved this show and was obessed with it....so here is what happened. End of season three in the state championship game Coach Taylor benched JD for Matt. Obviously Joe McCoy didn't take kindly to this so he used his pull to have Coach Taylor fired and have JD's personal trainer as the new Head Coach at Dillon. Start of season four Coach Taylor is now Coaching at East Dillion and Joe McCoy and his crew are at West Dillion. JD entered that season as the state's top QB and West Dillion is the favorite to win state. Though out the season East Dillion struggles West Dillion dominates but is upset the week before the East Dillion game. If West Dillion wins they are in the playoffs if they lose they are out. East Dillion ends up beating West Dillion so no playoffs for them. Start of season five last one it was briefly said Joe McCoy was embarrassed over the lost to East Dillion so he moved the family out of Dillion to the Dallas area. Was kind of expecting East Dillion to face off against JD new team in season five but it never happened.

As far as my movie goes let's go with Remember The Titans.

Still one of my favs....

Although terribly cheesy and cliche' I'm going to go with The Program.

Also agree that FNL the show was awesome. The movie which I watched not too long ago was not nearly as good as I remember it being the first time I saw it.

Also agree that FNL the show was awesome. The movie which I watched not too long ago was not nearly as good as I remember it being the first time I saw it.
the program is amazing, don't let people tell you otherwise

Reactions: EdgyTim
Necessary Roughness anyone?
Blue Chips?
Major League?

I'm pretty sure they went to a basketball game in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Does that count :rolleyes:

One of the rare instances where the TV show is better than the movie! (At least in my opinion). They really did a fantastic job on the TV series of FNL.

One of the rare instances where the TV show is better than the movie! (At least in my opinion). They really did a fantastic job on the TV series of FNL.

FNL the show was great.......As someone previously said though, I could have done without the Tyra and Landry murder cover-up. That kind of just dissolved and was forgotten about.

Field of Dreams is my favorite.

Watched Finding Forrester last week for the first time in a while. Not a bad watch.

Field of Dreams and Bull Durham are my two favorite baseball movies (The Natural is up there also).

Field of Dreams for the story and drama - but Bull Durham for the comedy and peak behind the curtain if you will of real baseball and baseball players. I can tell you from first hand experience some of the scenes of Bull Durham happened with many a traveling team and minor league teams back in the 80’s!!

Field of Dreams and Bull Durham are my two favorite baseball movies (The Natural is up there also).

Field of Dreams for the story and drama - but Bull Durham for the comedy and peak behind the curtain if you will of real baseball and baseball players. I can tell you from first hand experience some of the scenes of Bull Durham happened with many a traveling team and minor league teams back in the 80’s!!
In the Book "The Natural" he strikes out at the end

Miracle
The Program
Youngblood
Goon
American Flyers
Vision Quest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT