ADVERTISEMENT

Donuts discussion

It has been at least two years since I ate a donut. Maybe longer. The last one I remember was at Home Cut Donuts on Jefferson Street in Joliet. Sat down with a cup of coffee. Kind of a classic style place with a counter that is square. They have another location on the east side on Washington St. Been decades since I have been to that one. I understand The Donut Shop here in Lockport is pretty good, although I haven't tried those.
Donut Shop is top notch.

I've been inhaling chocolate donuts from Wolf's Bakery (95th and Sawyer, Evergreen Park) for 60 calorie laden years.

I had a summer job with the Evergreen Park in 1964. We went there for both of our coffee breaks. The donuts were magnificent.

About ten years ago on Veterans' Day, I stopped there on my way to a playoff game at Gately. There was a big sign stating "free donuts for veterans." They not only gave me a donut, but one each for two of my classmates who didn't dodge the draft. No, I didn't eat them. I gave it some thought, though.

Wolf's lemon fluff cake is worth going to prison for.

But then you'd have to wallow in your own filth.
Steve Dahl once said as a kid there was never enough dinner for seconds for the whole family. So, after everyone was served he would spit in the pot which guaranteed him a second helping. He ate his own filth.

I don't know if that story is true...but it's a good story. :rolleyes:

Based on this statement you need to expand your horizons!
That's the funny thing(interesting to me..) about Palatine, at midnight on a Friday you can find people on the deck at Nellies drinking under the stars, as well as people sitting out front of Spunky's eating donuts.. something for everyone..

Reactions: crusader_of_90
That's the funny thing(interesting to me..) about Palatine, at midnight on a Friday you can find people on the deck at Nellies drinking under the stars, as well as people sitting out front of Spunky's eating donuts.. something for everyone..
That's cool. In Lockport you can find someone throwing up or sleeping on the sidewalk downtown at 1:00 in the morning on any given Friday or Saturday night. :D :D

If you haven't tried them the old fashion donuts at DeEtta's in Naperville (right next to NN) are amazing they won the Chicago donut festival a few years back. Sadly there is usually a line out the door and they typically sell out by 10am on the weekends.

I’m always partial to a bag of warm, greasy mini donuts after a night of entertainment at the state fair beer tents. Throw in a few corn dogs and my innards are destroyed for a few days.

Reactions: ignazio
I’m always partial to a bag of warm, greasy mini donuts after a night of entertainment at the state fair beer tents. Throw in a few corn dogs and my innards are destroyed for a few days.

All.... And the best on the grounds is...... Just a hop and skip away from the Budweiser tent. Ratsy

Reactions: greatgig13
ADVERTISEMENT