ADVERTISEMENT

Desperate Times calls for . . . . .

Fire Nagy NOW! Horrible play-calling. He's so damn overrated when things get tough. And why in the hell does Tarik Cohen always go out of bounds? On first down, Cohen caught a screen and could've turned it inside for a 1st down! Instead, he goes out of bounds. And as I predicted, the Bears would get stuffed. Unreal.

Tribusky needs to keep running to make the defense respect him so it opens up the passing down field. They don’t respect our run game at all. The QB can run for 1st downs if he picks his spots.

Announcer says the Packers are really playing the line of scrimmage well.

Yes but the Bears only ran 2 passing plays beyond 5 yards. They have made no attempts to stretch out the Packer defense.

Mid way through the third quarter and after giving up 14 points in 7.5 mins the Bears now look lost on both sides of the ball.

Mid way through the third quarter and after giving up 14 points in 7.5 mins the Bears now look lost on both sides of the ball.

Because they are. Hard to watch. I am tired of the Nagy show. Well no show. The Bears coach has to beat the Packers or it’s time to move on. This guy hasn’t figured that out. Really disappointing.

And that is why MT is not your QB next year. That was brutal.
When you watch his mechanics, it's no wonder he is as awful as he is. He continually throws flat-footed and his arm action (basically sidearm) is atrocious. Couple that with his inability to read defenses and you have career killing pick for Ryan Pace on your hands. That trade and pick will be on Pace's career tombstone.

And the O-line returned to their typical level of play. Last week's surprisingly good performance against Dallas was an aberration. They suck and proved it again today.

And was Khalil Mack on the field today? I couldn't tell.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
When you watch his mechanics, it's no wonder he is as awful as he is. He continually throws flat-footed and his arm action (basically sidearm) is atrocious. Couple that with his inability to read defenses and you have career killing pick for Ryan Pace on your hands. That trade and pick will be on Pace's career tombstone.

And the O-line returned to their typical level of play. Last week's surprisingly good performance against Dallas was an aberration. They suck and proved it again today.

I am officially done watching the Bears this year. The rest of the year doesn’t mean anything and frankly I can’t watch anymore of this type play. The Bears have a lot of work to do in the off season.
It’s another let down season.

Da Bears!

Reactions: markmacaluso

Would you undo the draft pick and the Mack trade if you could do it today??

If so we would have Mahomes or Watson at QB plus Josh Jacobs at RB, a 1st round draft pick next year and 2 more later round draft picks.

The Mack trade did not make sense to me from the beginning. IMO, that's a trade you make when you are close to being a Super Bowl contender. In theory, a player like Mack can be the impetus to push a team to the next tier. The Bears had a very good year last year (much better than anyone could have hoped), so the initial returns seemed very positive. However, where do they stand now? I don't see them being very close to contending for a Super Bowl in the near future, so to answer your question....I would undo the trade. There also has been a significant fall off in Mack's performance this year, IMO.

On a different note, I watched a few minutes of the Bears' Postgame show. I'm a big fan of Olin Kreutz. He put it very well. Nagy was brought here to modernize and improve the Bears' offense and develop the QB, who was taken second in the draft. In addition to the drafting of Trubisiky, the Bears devoted a lot of resources to improving the players around the QB (signing Robinson and Gabriel....drafting Daniels....extending some other O-linemen..."upgrading" the RB position and getting rid of a productive player in Jordan Howard, presumably at Nagy's behest). How has that gone? What do the numbers say? Well, in Year 2 of Nagy's regime, the Bears are averaging 17 points a game and are the 29th ranked offense. Kreutz thinks Nagy should be grilled at those post game press conferences as to what's wrong. Why can't the offense get in the end zone? What does he see as the major problem areas? Because, quite frankly, he's been an abject failure in improving the offense. The numbers don't lie.

OK, now I will try. I missed the 1st half. I was at my Dad's spending some quality time with him.

You can call it any way you want. The Bears are a fraud. Or you can say the Bears are fool's gold. The have been fool's gold all season. If you score a total of 16 points against a team in two games, you deserve to get swept. I can't, for the life of me, understand how and why some of the sportswriters were making any kind of deal out of the Bears winning three games in a row and four out of five. All those wins came against bad teams. Even if Dallas does make the playoffs, they are getting dusted out of the first round.

Boy, I just can't wait to see Rick Morrissey's column tomorrow. He is gonna carve that team up like a Christmas turkey.

The very last play summed up what the Bears really are. The little train that couldn't. Did you all see it? Do you know what that last play made me think of? It made me think of a mountain climber who is scaling a 14,000 foot mountain. He gets about 100 feet from the summit. Then he slips and falls to his death.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Wassup, man I like you but this is...quite frankly... a dumb question because "if" is for children. It can't be undone, so leave it alone and move on into the real world. I didn't see a single person here complaining about the acquisition of Mack. Not one of you. Yet, we have guys here with 20/20 hindsight vision. And some of you guys, who post well, are better than this.

Wassup, man I like you but this is...quite frankly... a dumb question because "if" is for children. It can't be undone, so leave it alone and move on into the real world. I didn't see a single person here complaining about the acquisition of Mack. Not one of you. Yet, we have guys here with 20/20 hindsight vision. And some of you guys, who post well, are better than this.

I know it's clear I never wanted Trubisky going back to before draft day. I was OK with the Mack trade but not with high confidence since we gave up 2 #1 draft picks. But still was for the Mack trade.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I know it's clear I never wanted Trubisky going back to before draft day. I was OK with the Mack trade but not with high confidence since we gave up 2 #1 draft picks. But still was for the Mack trade.
I know that about Trubisky. You said it from the start. But you were talking about Mack in your last question. We are all frustrated. We all know changes need to be made. But this team can't keep hiring new head coaches every two or three years, or getting QBs and getting rid of them in two or three years. They will never win that way.

After sitting the starters in virtually the entire pre-season, I wonder if they will phase-out now in the last 2 weeks. By the way, I wonder if the former is being judged as an effective strategy that will be repeated next August?

Hey ... where's all the chatter on the Bears - Chiefs game going on right now? H-e-l-l-o ... anyone out there for this?

Well, if we all want to get to bed early tonight and get some sleep, we can, instead of watching the 2nd half of the game. The Chiefs have 17 points and the Bears have scored less than 17 in 7 of their 14 games played. So it's 50/50 they won't score 17. And even if they do it still won't be enough. Go Chiefs!

What's the time of possession at halftime??

Seems like.the Chiefs had the ball for 80% of the 1st half.

Pace better disguise himself if the same thing happens on the 2nd half.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT