ADVERTISEMENT

Desperate Times calls for . . . . .

It will be interesting to see how long Pace lasts. Swung and missed on his trade up and choice of Trubisky. It would seem even the McCaskey family has to hold him accountable for that colossal mistake.

Good for Nagy. Don’t sugarcoat the press conferences tonight and this week.

Interesting that they pulled Mitch in favor of Daniel. No apparent injury.

It's obvious MT has to go and "desperate times" do "call for desperate measures," but the Nagy should bench himself as well. He has a lot of blame for this debacle. Pagano was a formidable former head coach, he can take over while the Nagy sits on the bench with MT.

Remember, MT basically did not play the damn preseason. This was a huge mistake on arrogant Nagy's part. QB's like Brady and Rogers do NOT play the preseason. MT needed TO play the preseason.

Reactions: FalconPadre
It's obvious MT has to go and "desperate times" do "call for desperate measures," but the Nagy should bench himself as well. He has a lot of blame for this debacle. Pagano was a formidable former head coach, he can take over while the Nagy sits on the bench with MT.

Remember, MT basically did not play the damn preseason. This was a huge mistake on arrogant Nagy's part. QB's like Brady and Rogers do NOT play the preseason. MT needed TO play the preseason.
Yes. I was only happy that Nagy threw the towel in at the end. Just so now all the hard decisions can get made. Pace, Nagy, and Trubisky have proven not to be NFL ready more times than not. That was what I meant on the good for Nagy post. Not that I support anyone of them, but now something will be forced to be done. We shall see

A lot has been written and discussed about why the Bears drafted Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes. Yesterday, the Trib had an excellent article about that very thing. It is very detailed and a very long article. But, it is definitely worth your time if you want a complete recap. I highly recommend the article. By the way, Ryan Pace declined to be interviewed for the story. Enjoy.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...0191112-mkiclk4l4jb3bndxf7azbtdw6m-story.html

I found this extremely funny, if I can post it correctly.

Scores this weekend!

I almost said this Monday morning. The Hawks scored 7 in Nashville Saturday night. I was texting a friend that as I watched the Bears. I turned the Hawks on Sunday evening before the Bears game. Then I went to the Bears game. After 3 drives I went back to the remainder of the Hawks game. That ended at around 8:30 so it was back to the Bears.

I can tell you now, I am not watching the Giants, Bears game this Sunday. The Bears are a mess. I am going to visit my Grandsons. My son is not a Bears fan. So, I won't ask him to turn the game on, unless he wants to watch it. Then it's back home to catch the remainder of the games in the 3:00 window and hopefully the Cowboys and Patriots are on. There is RedZone as well. And finally we will get to see two real teams play Sunday night as Green Bay plays in San Francisco.

Mack - 1 sack in the last 6 games.

If you could now would you go back and undo that trade?

Season's over--it actually ended in London. Let MT play horrible so Bears lose a ton of games and get that early second R2 pick, which better be a damn good one!

I hope it's evident with this staff that MT should no longer be playing and will not be starting for the Bears next year. He'd be a decent backup.

I’m so jaded as a Bears fan that I’m convincing myself that the penalty that killed the 2 point conversion followed by the penalty that pushed the extra point kick back followed by the the Pineiro miss will come back to bite them.

I saw the first 12 minutes of the 1st Qtr. at my son's house and no more of it. Well, I picked the Bears to win today so at least I got something out of it. However, it's the last time I will pick the Bears this season unless the week 17 game against Minnesota ends up being a meaningless game for the Vikings based on playoff placement. Then I might pick the Bears. But we all need to be ready for 5-11 because that is where this is headed.

You know who is happiest to see this? The Raiders because that first round pick is climbing for them.

I saw the first 12 minutes of the 1st Qtr. at my son's house and no more of it. Well, I picked the Bears to win today so at least I got something out of it. However, it's the last time I will pick the Bears this season unless the week 17 game against Minnesota ends up being a meaningless game for the Vikings based on playoff placement. Then I might pick the Bears. But we all need to be ready for 5-11 because that is where this is headed.

You know who is happiest to see this? The Raiders because that first round pick is climbing for them.
With responsible play calling, I think they can make it to 8-8.

With responsible play calling, I think they can make it to 8-8.
Responsible play calling? I don't care who calls the plays or what they are as long as they work. If any play isn't executed well...then everyone says it was a bad play call. :eek:

Reactions: Gene K.
Watching the 49ers beat up the Packers the thought came to me I think it will be the 49ers and the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

The 49ers D is great enough to beat Billichik
Wouldn't it be weird if hometown Garrapolo beats Brady in the Super Bowl??

Watching the 49ers beat up the Packers the thought came to me I think it will be the 49ers and the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

The 49ers D is great enough to beat Billichik
Wouldn't it be weird if hometown Garrapolo beats Brady in the Super Bowl??
There happens to be a team in Baltimore called the Ravens that beat the hell out of the Patriots. The 49ers travel to Baltimore this weekend to play them. Then they get to go to New Orleans the following week. Then 2 games they should win before going to Seattle. Before you put the 49ers into the SB, let's see how well they do in those games. All road games too. They do have the best defense in the NFC. And remember, Matt Breida didn't even play for the 49ers last night.

Although Seattle didn't play very well yesterday, they have a much easier remaining schedule than the 'Niners. So, they could win that division which would put the 49ers at least at the fifth seed. And you can't forget NO either. And GB has a real soft schedule remaining. Minnesota's schedule is not as easy as GB. They go to Seattle this weekend.

The Patriots have to go to Houston this weekend. They also play KC at home the following week before three cupcakes in a row. Baltimore is slapping the Rams around in L.A. right now. 14-3. After hosting the 49ers next week, their schedule is favorable too.

In short, nothing is sorted out yet and we are a long way from getting that done.

You make a good SB pick. But, I am not ready to jump on board for either team yet.

Reactions: Gene K.
Yep and the Ravens just put an exclamation point on that by completely destroying the Rams on the road on MNF.

Playoffs are a different story. I believe the Patriots will be there until I actually see them lose in the playoffs.

Patriots vs 49ers

Responsible play calling? I don't care who calls the plays or what they are as long as they work. If any play isn't executed well...then everyone says it was a bad play call. :eek:
No doubt about it. What I meant by responsible play calling was more along the lines of setting the offense up to succeed. Calling the right play vs. calling the right play for the players on the field (using the strengths the Bears have.) Like I said, I agree with you on the execution part of it though

For the most part the same players as last year. I totally agree on the lack of execution as well as terrible offensive line play. Stupid penalties killing drives and scoring opportunities. Dropped passes and poorly thrown balls. The offense definitely is not playing like they did last year. On defense, has missing Akeem Hicks been that much of a loss. I think so. Kicking game sucks too.

Detroit Dallas Minny. Is it likely...no. Is it a realistic possibility...yep. They’ve beaten 2 of them already.
Well yeah. Anything is possible. I did pick the Bears for tomorrow. But I wouldn't bet much on it. Detroit is a horrible mess and the Bears aren't very good. That's a recipe for a lousy game. We are hosting Thanksgiving for family tomorrow so I will be doing a lot of prep work and will probably miss a good part of it. No big loss.

2 things I learned on that 4th and 5 play from the lions 32 yard line.

1) they have no confidence in Pineiro
2) Nagy took a time out to call a play that was flagged for illegal formation. Terrible job.

I learned that David Blough was an undrafted free agent of the Browns, who played their last preseason game against the Lions, who in that game saw a talented QB and made a trade for him as a backup, and now is the talk of the Thanksgiving Day game. I already know how the Bears aquired Mitchel Trubisky

I learned that David Blough was an undrafted free agent of the Browns, who played their last preseason game against the Lions, who in that game saw a talented QB and made a trade for him as a backup, and now is the talk of the Thanksgiving Day game. I already know how the Bears aquired Mitchel Trubisky

He was the QB at Purdue that upset the Buckeyes! Huge game.

Looks like Nagy is back to his idiotic play-calling, MT seems a tad timid and stupid penalties. This might be a double-digit Packer victory, especially if the defense is going to give up 4-5 yards per carry.

I take it back. It was not a stupid penalty. Mr. Dean explained it well, but the good old Packers always getting help from the officials situation seems to be alive and well here.

I will not be surprised if there's a huge fathom, passing interference penalty called against the Bears.

And the potential blowout starts now with #24 having no clue. It's the third time the Packers have targeted him. One for a first down, the second should've been a first down but WR dropped it and now a TD. Let's see if Pagano can adjust.

Great job #24! You are an awesome!

Last edited:
Looks like Nagy is back to his idiotic play-calling, MT seems a tad timid and stupid penalties. This might be a double-digit Packer victory, especially if the defense is going to give up 4-5 yards per carry.

looks like Hicks is out again. Not good for the Bears. The Bears need to play like they got nothing to lose and they are playing like crap. Stupid slow start. Hard to watch this crap.

I take it back. It was not a stupid penalty. Mr. Dean explained it well, but the good old Packers always getting help from the officials situation seems to be alive and well here.

I will not be surprised if there's a huge fathom, passing interference penalty called against the Bears.

And the potential blowout starts now with #24 having no clue. It's the third time the Packers have targeted him. One for a first down, the second should've been a first down but WR dropped it and now a TD. Let's see if Pagano can adjust.

Someone needs to explain the call against Patterson on that punt. The hit was clean and bears recovered. How is that not reviewable?

Reactions: Wittymoniker1

Wow great field position and another terrible set of plays called on 2nd and 4 and 3rd and 4. Punt again.

ADVERTISEMENT