ADVERTISEMENT

Desperate Times calls for . . . . .

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
. . . you all know the saying. Appreciate this site, so I can blow off some steam regarding the Bears.

1. MT is a nice guy but he sucks (injury or no injury). Bench him, start Chase for the rest of the year and then dump MT or trade him for a 20th RD pick. I am sure the numbers do not support this but it seems the offense is more smooth with CD behind center.

2. Without Akeem Hicks, this defense is very unimpressive. Raiders and now NO are rushing the ball right through this unit. They seem confused out there; DB's giving too much space out there.

3. 7 -9. Wins: LAC-Detroit-NYG-Dallas. Losses: Philly-LAR-@Detroit-GB-Minn.

4. Can I bash the Nagy or does last year's 12 - 4 record not allow me to do this? Was it truly the Nagy and his offense or was it more the defense that made the Nagy look good? I am not impressed with the Nagy's play calling at all. Outcoached today.

5. Can the Bears draft a good QB with a middle first round pick?

6. At the end of the season, it will be the Raider's loss that fractured this season.

7. Does GB ever play on the road and why do they always get the calls--see Detroit.

8. The three-yard passes when you're down 19 points is very impressive!

Last edited:
What middle 1st round pick will they use for the QB? Next year they have two second round picks but no 1st or 3rd round picks. Ryan Pace traded a lot of picks to win now and it looked promising last year but now it’s starting to look not so great.

I stopped watching the NFL when they let Beyonce do that half time show.I see all my friends crying on fb about the Bears.I know they predicted them to win the Super Bowl but they suck.

What middle 1st round pick will they use for the QB? Next year they have two second round picks but no 1st or 3rd round picks. Ryan Pace traded a lot of picks to win now and it looked promising last year but now it’s starting to look not so great.

They don't have a Round 1 pick in the Spring of 2020? This ain't getting any better. I really think they should ditch MT right now.

He already has more money than he can ever spend, so maybe Trubisky will just quit. Pace, too, should do the honorable thing and hand in his resignation. Montgomery could lead the procession out the door.

. . . you all know the saying. Appreciate this site, so I can blow off some steam regarding the Bears.

1. MT is a nice guy but he sucks (injury or no injury). Bench him, start Chase for the rest of the year and then dump MT or trade him for a 20th RD pick. I am sure the numbers do not support this but it seems the offense is more smooth with CD behind center.

2. Without Akeem Hicks, this defense is very unimpressive. Raiders and now NO are rushing the ball right through this unit. They seem confused out there; DB's giving too much space out there.

3. 7 -9. Wins: LAC-Detroit-NYG-Dallas. Losses: Philly-LAR-@Detroit-GB-Minn.

4. Can I bash the Nagy or does last year's 12 - 4 record not allow me to do this? Was it truly the Nagy and his offense or was it more the defense that made the Nagy look good? I am not impressed with the Nagy's play calling at all. Outcoached today.

5. Can the Bears draft a good QB with a middle first round pick?

6. At the end of the season, it will be the Raider's loss that fractured this season.

7. Does GB ever play on the road and why do they always get the calls--see Detroit.

8. The three-yard passes when you're down 19 points is very impressive!

I have to agree. I have pushed back on mt thing until we can see him with good receivers. but the throws he could not complete an 8th grader could throw. the bears oline is completely non existent. 2 blocked punts 11rushing yards, our runningbacks could not run threw a wet paper bag. now shows that howard was a very big part of the success.
we better look to the big10 for some real linemen. I hate it, now I have become a basher.

I so wanted Mitch to work out. In my lifetime we’ve never had a franchise QB. Jim McMahon was an average QB who was given the keys to the Porsche and told not to crash it. I was really hoping Mitch could at least be a consistent QB for the next several years but it looks like it’s back to the drawing board yet again.

In his defense I don’t think he should have played yesterday....he wasn’t near ready. Best part of his game is he can take off running and he hasn’t done that all season really....the line is not helping him at all. That 1 throw downfield he made that should have been picked off was embarrassing

Have to cut the D some slack.When you're on the field the ENTIRE game, you're not going to have a stellar performance.

Trubisky is frustrating. It is amusing how when we were good last year no one was praising Nagy, MT or the offense in general. Now that we're not good everyone is bashing. Hate > Praise when it comes to sports fans, I suppose.

I so wanted Mitch to work out. In my lifetime we’ve never had a franchise QB. Jim McMahon was an average QB who was given the keys to the Porsche and told not to crash it. I was really hoping Mitch could at least be a consistent QB for the next several years but it looks like it’s back to the drawing board yet again.

In his defense I don’t think he should have played yesterday....he wasn’t near ready. Best part of his game is he can take off running and he hasn’t done that all season really....the line is not helping him at all. That 1 throw downfield he made that should have been picked off was embarrassing
Is Mitch ever ready ? He needs to go,fast or the ship will sink,he's a stiff and most knowledgable people know that.

Reactions: UniversalAdvice
This is getting rough. How about trade for Cam now and coax Andrew Luck our of retirement for next year?

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
I know he scored a TD recently, but why does Cordero Patterson always run out of the end zone--matter how deep.

Penalties occur and now you're in a bad situation with a bad QB.

He's a big dude and one would think he'd get extra yardage after the initial hit, but his upright style does not allow it. Not impressed with him at all.

Last edited:
MT deserves credit for the drive, but nothing changes here. Bears are not even in this position if they had a decent QB.

Pineiro did test the wind with the grass and I noticed it moved towards his left. Lo' and behold, that's where the kick went. He need to aim just a little right for it to be good.

Why take a knee and run out the clock? Why not one more run for 3 or four yards? MT is not up to this but neither is the coaching staff.

That is a true statement. I am not impressed with Nagy at all. He looked good last year because the defense was outstanding. Whose idea was it to get Mike Davis and Cordero Patterson. They add nothing to this offense. Not using Tarik Cohen like last year either.

Reactions: Quags57
There is no QB move to make after your crappy QB draft pick that you had to be on drugs to make the Tribs pick anyhow.. You stick with Mitch the next 2 years and hope he gets better.

It's too late to draft and start over now and only crappy QBs would be available for a trade. I don't want anyone's garbage.

I can't believe I said this.

If you watched college football you knew Trubisky was at best a 2nd round pick.

That means it's between Watson and Mahomes. Watson did have his trouble with interceptions and watching Mahomes you knew he had a high ceiling.

This is why if the Bears did their own homework, they would have picked Mahomes.

ADVERTISEMENT