ADVERTISEMENT

Dear University of Illinois and Big Ten conference...

ByAErcAIMAABB_J.jpg

Good seats still available.

Reactions: ESCC Alum
Who will draw more fans tomorrow the Illini or combined total off high schools in Champaign?

The Illini, knowing the problem, offered all the local schools playing at home the opportunity to play at Memorial Stadium tomorrow instead of playing tonight. Urbana plays Bloomington, Centennial plays Peoria Notre Dame, St. Thomas More plays Rantoul and Tolono Unity plays Stanford Olympia tomorrow...no high schools are playing in C-U tonight, so I suppose the Illini win tonight...

Illinois had no business playing on Friday night - it belongs to the preps. Other Big 10 teams said, "no," but ours caved in. I'm glad they got crushed. Too bad the score wasn't worse.

The Illini, knowing the problem, offered all the local schools playing at home the opportunity to play at Memorial Stadium tomorrow instead of playing tonight. Urbana plays Bloomington, Centennial plays Peoria Notre Dame, St. Thomas More plays Rantoul and Tolono Unity plays Stanford Olympia tomorrow...no high schools are playing in C-U tonight, so I suppose the Illini win tonight...

Those schools are playing Saturday because the U of I played Friday night.

ByAErcAIMAABB_J.jpg

Good seats still available.

Student section was surprisingly decently full untl late in the 3d QTR...quickly emptied after Penn St scored twice the first minute of the 4th...maybe Kam's (ick) needs to become the student section catering company (since Block I attempted to do a Kam's picture...)

Illinois listed attendance at 34,xxx, which is entertaining because the Illini claimed 39,2xx for Western...34 in actual attendance I could accept...East Main stand had way more people in it than for Kent or Western...helped considerably by a large Penn St contingent...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT