ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Herald Preps Reporting That...

Still think it would have made most sense for MCC to have joined that conference, but at the time MCC was looking for a new conference there was some very strong push back by FVC original schools to do that. I actually think it was a good thing MCC didn't go because of how good the FVC has been in recent years, and a couple of average years against area schools could have resulted in even worse enrollment numbers.

Still think it would have made most sense for MCC to have joined that conference, but at the time MCC was looking for a new conference there was some very strong push back by FVC original schools to do that. I actually think it was a good thing MCC didn't go because of how good the FVC has been in recent years, and a couple of average years against area schools could have resulted in even worse enrollment numbers.
Not just MCC, but other "outlying" ESCCs who haved fared even worse in recent years might consider hybrid more local conferences, outside the core large schools of Marist, Benet, ND

Reactions: lkhammer57
Not just MCC, but other "outlying" ESCCs who haved fared even worse in recent years might consider hybrid more local conferences, outside the core large schools of Marist, Benet, ND
No doubt, I mean MCC would cut back on travel costs big time if they were able to join a local conference like the FVC. I mean their closest conference games are Carmel and Viator and those are both 45 min and 55 min drives, and then add in their farther away games at JCA and Marian Chicago Heights the bill adds up. At the same time, if the ESCC produces the best opportunity and experience for the kids then I guess it is worth it, but travel like that in the middle of the week for other sports really wares on a student and their families.

Also I don't know Burlington Central as well but I have to guess this is going to be a tougher transition into a tougher conference in the FVC

makes sense in almost all sports except football. Football will be ahem, a tough go to start.

I don't know about this one. You're adding a school with barely 1,000 kids into a conference with schools having an average of 1,500 kids. Does that mean Huntley with almost 3,000 gets the boot?

I don't know about this one. You're adding a school with barely 1,000 kids into a conference with schools having an average of 1,500 kids. Does that mean Huntley with almost 3,000 gets the boot?
I have a tough time seeing Huntley leaving because they have been looking to add a school for a while to make it an even amount of teams, if I do remember correctly. Especially for when it came to scheduling for football

I have a tough time seeing Huntley leaving because they have been looking to add a school for a while to make it an even amount of teams, if I do remember correctly. Especially for when it came to scheduling for football
Yes, 8A Huntley wants to dominate 5A and 6A schools on their path to the playoffs.

Yes, 8A Huntley wants to dominate 5A and 6A schools on their path to the playoffs.
Lol Well that too, but I am just saying the conference in general for logistical reasons. As much as it doesn't make sense for Huntley to be apart of that conference, CG and PR are still the kings of that conference though. But, maybe we will see the tides turn as the future rolls on

From the few things I have heard the FVC is not very happy with Huntley on how big they are getting. I have also heard that Burlington Central is estimated to be at about 1300 kids in the next few years making them a perfect fit!

No doubt, I mean MCC would cut back on travel costs big time if they were able to join a local conference like the FVC. I mean their closest conference games are Carmel and Viator and those are both 45 min and 55 min drives, and then add in their farther away games at JCA and Marian Chicago Heights the bill adds up. At the same time, if the ESCC produces the best opportunity and experience for the kids then I guess it is worth it, but travel like that in the middle of the week for other sports really wares on a student and their families.
Hammer, think about this scenario for MCC. After next year the Northern Big 12 will down to just 5 schools, DeKalb 1790 kids, Kaneland 1343, Sterling 998, Sycamore 1254, and Yorkville at 1746 kids. It would be a great fit for the remaining 5 because they will get their 6th competative school to make it an official conference. For MCC the other schools would be a good mix of competition and enrollment size for all sports! The travel besides Sterling, which I will still take over JCA, Marist or Marion Catholic on a Friday night, is all between an hour to an hour and a half away, not bad! It also would possibly be better for relations with the FVC because we wouldn't be putting the local kids against their teams!

Hammer, think about this scenario for MCC. After next year the Northern Big 12 will down to just 5 schools, DeKalb 1790 kids, Kaneland 1343, Sterling 998, Sycamore 1254, and Yorkville at 1746 kids. It would be a great fit for the remaining 5 because they will get their 6th competative school to make it an official conference. For MCC the other schools would be a good mix of competition and enrollment size for all sports! The travel besides Sterling, which I will still take over JCA, Marist or Marion Catholic on a Friday night, is all between an hour to an hour and a half away, not bad! It also would possibly be better for relations with the FVC because we wouldn't be putting the local kids against their teams!
That would work for me because there is still some solid competition, I just kind of hope for an old SCC non con each year. That would be so much fun! Maybe I am just biased but to having them on the non con schedule would be a good competitive match up and take us back to some of the rivalries and familiarity of years past. Johnsburg and a montini/st francis/marmion. I think that would be a great way to start off the season!

That would work for me because there is still some solid competition, I just kind of hope for an old SCC non con each year. That would be so much fun! Maybe I am just biased but to having them on the non con schedule would be a good competitive match up and take us back to some of the rivalries and familiarity of years past. Johnsburg and a montini/st francis/marmion. I think that would be a great way to start off the season!
That would be AWESOME!

While I think it's great the FVC got it's 10th team,but Huntley really needs to find a new home.
When you are almost double the size of 1/2 the conference and almost 25% more than the next biggest team....

Does anyone know what Huntley has coming back next year now that Mooney is gone? CG seems to be the heavy favorite for next year.

Does anyone know what Huntley has coming back next year now that Mooney is gone? CG seems to be the heavy favorite for next year.

Huntley should be the opposite of last years team with some of the biggest playmakers being on the defensive side. Offense should be led by Sr QB Raffin who is solid, most of the wide outs are returning and the RB will be more of a between the tackles runner then Bonsu was. The success of the O will come down to line play. I’ve heard they also lost their O coordinator and a few position coaches this year as well. At the end of the day, as has been discussed, Huntley will always be competitive in the FVC if for no other reason than the number of players in the program.

Why are people trying to push Huntley out?
Like I’ve said before, it’s like Kramer dominating the dojo of kids. Why does an 8A school with exponential growth belong in a conference of stagnant growth 6 and 7A schools? Go play with the big boys.

Like I’ve said before, it’s like Kramer dominating the dojo of kids. Why does an 8A school with exponential growth belong in a conference of stagnant growth 6 and 7A schools? Go play with the big boys.

Considering where they are located what conference would make the most logistical sense for them to join?

Joining the NSC wouldn’t make sense since the closest school is roughly an hour away.

Considering where they are located what conference would make the most logistical sense for them to join?

Joining the NSC wouldn’t make sense since the closest school is roughly an hour away.
I don’t have an answer for that. I just think they’re a square peg in a round hole. Create a second Huntley school so the playing field is more even.

I don’t have an answer for that. I just think they’re a square peg in a round hole. Create a second Huntley school so the playing field is more even.
Not too long ago Huntley & Manteno were major rivals in volleyball...Huntley is now 5 1/2 times Manteno's size, and Manteno has nearly doubled in size. Is Huntley looking to keep one campus, or is a second school in the plans? I assume Huntley is not interested in a repeat of Lincoln Way North, opening a school just as development stops...

Geographically FVC makes the most sense for Huntley. Demographically I believe ‘20 is the biggest class coming through there and then falls off quite a bit. The youth program, while still one of the largest in the area, has dropped over 100 kids in the past few years. I’m guessing if they opened another campus you would have a solid football program at one and a sub par program at the other. And with the numbers soon to fall, you may end up with 2 sub par programs.

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
But theyre not dominating the conference. In the past 10 years theyve won conference twice and missed the playoffs 3x. Another year they made it at 5-4. If you want to complain of dominance you really have to look at C-G and PR.

But theyre not dominating the conference. In the past 10 years theyve won conference twice and missed the playoffs 3x. Another year they made it at 5-4. If you want to complain of dominance you really have to look at C-G and PR.
CG and PR dominate because of their feeder programs and the coaching. Huntley will be there too once they figure out that part. I just don't believe having twice as many kids to build your team from is fair. That's why we have 8 classes. And CG and PR play their level and up while Huntley plays down. If Huntley wants to succeed in the 8A playoffs, playing teams like Crystal Lake Central and Burlington Central isn't going to prepare them for that.

But football is the only sport that year in year out they regularly compete t a high level.

And even then it’s not like they are 9-0 every year and roll through the league.

They are fine where they are.

How far is Huntley from the conference with Stevie, Warren, LZ, and them?

I mean I understand the concern, really I do. I also understand being proactive. But if the closest 8A school is an hour away the 6A-7A conference makes sense. Kind of like SHG, people can't really expect them to find a private conference, that'd be absurd.

I mean I understand the concern, really I do. I also understand being proactive. But if the closest 8A school is an hour away the 6A-7A conference makes sense. Kind of like SHG, people can't really expect them to find a private conference, that'd be absurd.
They better start planning. The school will only continue grow and will be 4,000 kids before you know it. That’s not expected for the other schools in the conference.

From warren 1 hour plus just a tad under an hour from Stevenson and lz. Logistically it doesn’t make sense.

It sounds like PR needs to replace nearly a half of a Decade of starters....what does PR have in the Pipeline in order to stay competitive? It sounds like Jacobs, McHenry, Crystal Lake South, Central and CG have a group that is set to step-up. Anyone have some "Underclassmen" Fox Valley info now that "Superman" is no longer eligible?

I think their best bet would be the msl west. Would be all 8a schools besides Hoffman. Longest ride would be about 45 minutes.

The Fox Valley seems to have enough teams now that Burlington Central will be joining to once again break into 2 divisions ( Big & Small). Is there a chance that enough non-conference games would be available to have each school fulfill a non-conference schedule plus one cross-over game?

The Fox Valley seems to have enough teams now that Burlington Central will be joining to once again break into 2 divisions ( Big & Small). Is there a chance that enough non-conference games would be available to have each school fulfill a non-conference schedule plus one cross-over game?

The Naperville’s and Valleys might be a good bet For 2019 non cons. They could probably do at least two or three a year since they have 5 non con game slots open in the 5 shool Conference. That assumes of course that those 5 schools don’t add 3 schools to make 8 for a real Conference or merge into other conferences).

ADVERTISEMENT