ADVERTISEMENT

Cubs pitcher throws no hitter!

tomloner

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2004
Chicago
Alec Mills throws no hitter for the Cubs. Bears win. Buying a lottery ticket today. The only thing that would have made it better would have have been Rita win Friday night!

Alec Mills throws no hitter for the Cubs. Bears win. Buying a lottery ticket today. The only thing that would have made it better would have have been Rita win Friday night!

Do we get a 3rd wish today?

IHSA football back this fall?

Reactions: tomloner
It was the first time ever a pitcher from the White Sox and a pitcher from the Cubs threw a no-hitter in the same season.

Reactions: UlbKA91
Could this be the year of a Cubs/Sox World Series? It’s 2020...
Anything is possible. But, I will put any baseball championship or WS appearance in 2020 in my mind with an asterisk. Sixty MLB games is not a real season in my mind. I was actually hoping for a Padres and Orioles WS to really mess with people.

Reactions: Wassup13
I rather not see a world series this year. To me this is a scrimmage season.

Anything is possible. But, I will put any baseball championship or WS appearance in 2020 in my mind with an asterisk. Sixty MLB games is not a real season in my mind. I was actually hoping for a Padres and Orioles WS to really mess with people.
An asterisk can be applied to everything this year.

Can I put an asterisk next to the beers I’m going to drink while watching the playoffs? I don’t care what they put next to it, if the Sox win the World Series I’ll enjoy it.

Reactions: missingwalter
Can I put an asterisk next to the beers I’m going to drink while watching the playoffs? I don’t care what they put next to it, if the Sox win the World Series I’ll enjoy it.
LOL! Hopefully you won't be drinking those beers out of frustration.

LOL! Hopefully you won't be drinking those beers out of frustration.
Tonight’s beers might be in frustration... Adam Engel has been very good this season and has been good the past 2 days yet Ricky is going with Mazara again tonight. This season the Sox are 16-3 in games Engel starts and they’re 24-6 in games he makes an appearance. This guy should be playing more.

Tonight’s beers might be in frustration... Adam Engel has been very good this season and has been good the past 2 days yet Ricky is going with Mazara again tonight. This season the Sox are 16-3 in games Engel starts and they’re 24-6 in games he makes an appearance. This guy should be playing more.

Engel should get some starts vs left handers and go into games in the 8th or 9th inning for defense when the Sox lead but Mazara is getting paid the Big bucks and needs to play most of the time and improve.

Engel should get some starts vs left handers and go into games in the 8th or 9th inning for defense when the Sox lead but Mazara is getting paid the Big bucks and needs to play most of the time and improve.
During a 60 game season where you’re in a tight division race the guys producing the best should play, regardless of salary. I want Mazara to succeed but he hasn’t yet. I hope he gets hot and finishes strong but I’m not holding my breath.
I also don’t think Engel is a much better player, I just think there’s something about him being in the lineup this season that has worked.

ADVERTISEMENT