ADVERTISEMENT

Crete-Monee @ Joliet Catholic

JCHillmen

Nov 30, 2001
I am seeing this for September 24 @ Joliet Memorial.

This would be the open week left by St. Joe's in the middle of the season.

Should be a real nice matchup. Glad both teams were able to fill a late in the season open week with a quality opponent not too far away.

With JC already having Crete, Rice, Providence, Benet, and Montini on the slate, who they choose for weeks 1 and 2 will be real interesting.

On the one hand, if you're playing for a state title, welcome all comers and go out and find two legit opponents. On the other hand, I think it is fairly reasonable to find one real good opponent and one more likely win. That choice will be interesting, but it is much more important they were able to fill the hardest to fill open date with a quality opponent.

Last edited:
It is good news they found a game in Week 5. That tells me there will be no replacement for St. Joe's in the CCL/ESCC, at least in the Fall season. And Crete is a quality opponent.

I will also be interested to see who JC schedules in Weeks 1 & 2. I think it's likely they will still have IC on the schedule in Week 2. I'm just guessing at that, though. Have no idea who will be Week 1.

Maybe the Hillmen will head out of state week 1 or 2?
They could. But if all those schools on that list for weeks 1 and 2 are still open, they can fill out a decent in state schedule...

Week 1 is a little light to choose from, but if you could get Mahomet to agree to a game, that is not a bad appetizer to the season as long as you got a premier week 2 game. Otherwise, week 1 looks like it may need to be out of state.

Week 2 has more options. DeKalb or Edwardsville would be awesome games. Lake Zurich, Antioch, and St. Francis not too bad either. Yorkville and Plainfield East would be nice local games.

But if you can get DeKalb or Edwardsville in week 2, that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing.
I went there before I posted but several teams listed there have already filled those slots.
It may be the member school’s’ responsibility to take down their listing when they fill the openings but regardless as it reads today, that list is very dated.

Thank you for sharing.
I went there before I posted but several teams listed there have already filled those slots.
It may be the member school’s’ responsibility to take down their listing when they fill the openings but regardless as it reads today, that list is very dated.
Yeah most schools dont bother to go back and tell them to take it down. They used to post dates jobs were posted to, but stopped doing that recently.

ADVERTISEMENT