ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick'Em Michigan Playoff Edition

Schwab54

Nov 13, 2016
Well after a long absence the Road Trip is back for at least one more week. This week we revisit Michigan for their state semi final games and 8 man Championship games! So far 2021 has pretty much continued the 2020 suck so hopefully CPL Pick'Em Road Trip can bring you a little happiness and hopefully we are doing the real thing soon!

Traverse City Central Trojans vs Muskegon Mona Shores Sailors
A matchup of a lot of words in this one. TCCT vs MMSS. I do like the look of that much better than a MSHSH vs BHSR! With that being said Traverse City is the Trojans? BORING! First Muskegon Mona Shores High School is a great name. I know nothing about Muskegon and their shores other than i assume it is great for muskie fishing! The mona in the name is throwing me for a loop as well. But Sailors is a great name for them and I think at some point during the Road Trip I talked to you all about my friend Sailor Jerry.
Sailors by 13

Muskegon Big Red vs DeWitt Panthers
I think Ricky Bobby said it best, "If you don't chew Big Red than F..." probably shouldn't finish that one. But Muskegon will finish the job!
Muskegon by 26

River Rouge Panthers vs Chelsea Bulldogs
I once knew this guy who coached. Pretty sure he listed to the River Rouge coach at a clinic and he thought the guy was just great. So you can probably guess my pick at this point, especially since Chelsea is a soccer team. But I really want to tell you more about this guy. We called him Cat Bag(let me tell you text messaging auto correct gives you some great nicknames at time) anyways old Cat Bag was an interesting fellow. He was a big fan of Hats. Also every time the guy took his coat off and tried to hang it on my coat Rack he would knock the thing over. But Cat Bag was a great guy with a wonderful Soul to him and a Sunny outlook on life. And this guy would dance, it was pretty horrible, always seemed like he had a Plug of some sort in his... Butt never mind with that. Anyways he was a good dude and if he liked River Rouge then this is an easy one.
Chelsea by 70

Cadillac Vikings vs Edwardsburg Eddies
I mean this is just awful. A true travesty. We've seen some awful nicknames on the Road Trip this year. There are some awful nicknames in the CPL. But this one, I mean I'm not sure you could do it worse. Cadillac Vikings? I mean CMon Man! Could do a lot with Cadillac but you sure can't do the Vikings! Edwardsburg on the other hand knocked it out of the park! The Cadillac Escalades beat the Eddies every time but the Cadillac Vikings...I don't think so!
Eddies by 31

Lansing Catholic Central Cougars vs Frankenmuth Eagles
There is a youth team in Lansing Illinois. I believe they are the Lions. The Detroit Lions are awful. But so are the Philadelphia Eagles. But Frankenmuth sounds awesome!
Eagles by 23

Constantine Falcons vs Clinton Football Team
Big fan of the Washington Football Team. Mainly because Ron Rivera is awesome and how can you not root for Alex Smith. I don't think Ron Rivera is coaching the young men of Clinton tonight though.
Constantine Falcons by 12

Centreville Bulldogs vs Clarkston Everest
Couldn't find a mascot name for Everest on MaxPreps but they did have some cool looking mountain man logo. However..
DAWGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz by 100

The below 2 games are the two 8 Man Championship Games in Michigan.

Powers North Central Jets vs Portland St. Patrick Shamrocks
Powers reminds me of Kenny Powers from Eastbound and Down. Great show, better character! North Central football won the D3 Title last year. And when you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way! For the Portland St. Pats Shamrocks. All I can say is never St. Pats
Kenny Powers North Central Jets by 43

Suttons Bay Norsemen vs Adrian Lenawee Christian Cougars
Who is Adrian Lenawee? A quick google search tells me it is nothing. Just a county and a city. Well that's super boring. Also boring? Cougars! Unless it's one of the cougars I see while I'm out at the bar. Those cougars are anything but boring! Big fan of those cougars. Earlier we talked about the Vikings. There are plenty of Vikings. If you like the idea of Vikings but want to be a little more unique or clever or just cooler you go with the Norsemen!
Norsemen by 15.5

Knee deep in construction over here but when the Pick 'Em Bat Signal goes in the sky, you must reply!!!

I'll send in my Lock of the Week. Suttons Bay! No clue about their football team but I got so wasted there for a week straight on one of the best Midwest Vacations I ever had. Beer and Football, what else do you need?

Covid.... Covid.... Return to school..... IHSA..... UGH...CPL Pick'em? Truly what the world needs today.
Traverse City Central Trojans vs Muskegon Mona Shores Sailors
Traverse City is home to the National Cherry Festival. Every year, the week of the 4th of July, tens of thousands descend on Traverse City to frolic in all things cherry. There is a huge midway, tons of beach activates, big name concerts, people everywhere having a great time. Who doesn't love a mid summer festival in the upper mid west, right? My brother in law that's who. He's lived in Traverse City for 20 years and has never been to a Cherry Festival. Leaves town when it starts, takes the family and misses the action. He can poo on the Cherry Festival, but he can't poo on the Trojans! Sorry Sailors, you are going down with the ship!
TCCT by 20!

Muskegon Big Red vs DeWitt Panthers
Best thing about Muskegon is that History Channel show Civil War Gold is filmed there. Actually, the best thing about that show being filmed there is how much the locals hate it when you ask about it! Priceless. Unfortunately, all the gold that supposedly fell in the lake won't help the Big Red in this one.
DeWHO???? DeWITT!!!!!

River Rouge Panthers vs Chelsea Bulldogs
River Rouge is known for Steel Mills.
Chelsea is known for the giant JIFFY mix factory.
In a normal season, I go River Rouge. In the middle of winter, I'm going for some delicious cornbread....and there ain't nothing wrong with that!
DAWGS!

Cadillac Vikings vs Edwardsburg Eddies
If you are a KISS fan, then you know that in the late 70's KISS actually landed on the HS football field in a giant helicopter, got out to be on the main float in a parade in their honor, then got presented with the key to the city. All before being whisked away on the same helicopter. Cadillac is a long way from Detroit Rock City, but that KISS energy will have the Vikings' rocking and rolling all nite, then playing football every day!
Cadillac with the W.

Lansing Catholic Central Cougars vs Frankenmuth Eagles
If you are from Michigan you know Frankenmuth for one thing. Fried Chicken. Sorry LCC, now you know Frankenmuth for Football!
Eagles!

Constantine Falcons vs Clinton Football Team
Went to college with a guy from Constantine. In college, a bunch of us stayed at his house after going to the ND-Michigan State Game. One of my buddies woke up in the middle of the night and in puked in this guy's mom's silverware drawer. Haven't been back to Constantine since.
Go Clinton!

Centreville Bulldogs vs Clarkston Everest
DAWGGGZZZZZZ!

The below 2 games are the two 8 Man Championship Games in Michigan.

Powers North Central Jets vs Portland St. Patrick Shamrocks
J E T S Jets! Jets! Jets!

Suttons Bay Norsemen vs Adrian Lenawee Christian Cougars
I had an RA in college from Suttons Bay. Dude used to buy beer for us before we were 21. Good people from Suttons Bay. Good People.
Go Norse!

Last edited:
Reactions: thecpsblog
When are we going to see the Chicago Public League Chicago (Michigan Ave) conference previews out, or at least the Who is going to win the conference poll? What does Little Village have coming back? Dyett? @EdgyTim
Easily the best question of the day. More importantly, what is the Thursday afternoon game situation?

ADVERTISEMENT