ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick'Em Is Back Jack!

Schwab54

Nov 13, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, I proudly welcome back the greatest game in all the land, that will soon be sweeping the Edgy Nation message board, CPL PICK'EM!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 16 months since we lasted were able to play and let me tell you I finally feel alive again with CPL Pick'EM back!!!! I could go on and on but you're all not here to hear me talk about the greatness that is CPL Pick'Em you are here for the games, the analysis and the picks, so let's let the good times roll! Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, CPL Pick'Em 4 Life!

Thursday
South Shore vs Fenger

The 4:15 Thursday Gately game! You know where I'll be tonight! Might have to slip the Gately staff a few dollars and see if we can get a few Gately dogs going. Not sure I'd even eat them, just need that smell in the air, it will be GLORIOUS! If you've ever followed CPL Pick'Em before, then you know the deal, FINGERS!
Fenger 54 South Shore 12

Foreman vs Roosevelt
4:15. Thursday. Now this is how you start the CPL season right! If you love watching the MACtion on Tuesdays you should love the CPL on Thursdays. It is basically the same thing. I do like the new HBC at Foreman, he's a good dude. But I hear Roosevelt will be tough this year. They are a little undersized but man are they tough. They remind me a lot of like a BEagle. And you know what they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog and those BEagles are a bunch of fighters.
Roosevelt 28 Foreman 14

Richards/Harper vs Little Village
Two schools vs a small village? How small are these two schools? How small is the village? I thought Harper closed it doors? So you're telling me Harper's swan song szn wasn't actually a true swan song szn? I feel lied to and betrayed.
Little Village 2 Richards/Harper 0

Friday
Payton vs Orr

No George, does it matter? Henderson still at Orr, does that give them the edge? Can Payton stay at the top? Can Orr row the boats and rise to the tide? We'll find out soon!
Payton 24 Orr 16

Von Steuben vs Sullivan
4:15 at Winnemac. I know Lane gets a lot of love as a stadium to check out and many know Gately, but if you want a true hidden gem you need to go check out Winnemac. I believe they have redone the field but maybe 10 years ago that field had the greatest crown you've ever seen. The field was so high in the middle that if you were on a sideline and looked across the field you could only see above the knee of the opposing teams. Man it was something! I am really looking forward to this one. The only thing that would make it better is ROOOOOOOOOOOD!
Von Steuben 17 Sullivan 12

Brooks vs Harlan
This one has a late 7:30 kick on the Smurf Turf of Brooks. Man I love the Smurf Turf. A few ideas I have on how to make CPL football better. All Brooks games are played at Brooks. Why in the world would you play anywhere else when you can play on Smurf Turf! Second, all CPL fields should be a color other than green. You ever seen the grey turf at Eastern Michigan? How about Coastal Carolina and their "Surf Turf"? Central Arkansas has grey and purple turf? Eastern Washington calls their field "The Inferno" because of red turf, thats awesome! They are always amazing. Except for Lindenwood and their Red and Grey field, that's tough to watch games on.
Harlan 26 Brooks 20

Saturday
Curie vs Morgan Park

This should be a good one. You have the old money favorite in Curie. You have the new money favorite in Morgan Park. You have the team who had the best QB in the city last year in Curie. You have the team who has the best QB in the city this year in Morgan Park. You got Condors. You got Mustangs. They could run. They could pass. This could be a great game. This could be a blow out. I'm all in for whatever this one ends up being!
MoPo 27 Curie 14

Michelle Clark vs Bulls

I am so disappointed this game isn't Thursday at 4:15. This game screams CPL Pick'Em Kickoff Game! Michelle has a humongous OL as we found out yesterday. Coach Percy has put his career on the line. If they finish in 5th he retires. If Michelle beats the Bulls they should be able to avoid 5th place. Lately the Bulls can't beat anyone! They lost to the Cavs without Sexton yesterday, pathetic! End of the day though I just can't pick against Michael Jordan!
Bulls 20 Clark 12

Kennedy vs Rauner
Kennedy was the 35th president of the United States. Bruce Rauner was the 42nd governor of Illinois. Seriously? Who picks these games?!
Kennedy 35 Rauner 7

Dunbar vs Corliss
This game is the night cap at Gatley with a 6:30 kick. Did you guys see that they have a Mighty Ducks TV show coming out on Disney +? Man I loved the Mighty Ducks growing up! Think Mighty Ducks 2 is my favorite! Who doesn't love watching Team USA beat down Iceland! You know what Dunbar's nickname is? The Mighty Men! Mighty Men, Mighty Ducks! Mighty Mighty
Dunbar 56 Corliss 6

Marine vs Chicago Academy
Marines, America, Football
Marine 46 Chicago Academy 18

Pritzker vs Senn
Pritzker is the 43rd Governor of Illinois. Nicholas Senn was the founder of the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States. This isn't even fair!
DAWGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 52 Pritzker 6

I am beside myself with excitement. Nothing says football like March. Nothing says March football like Hot Thursday Afternoon CPL Action!!!!!

South Shore vs Fenger
The first game of the impossible spring CPL season is Fenger? At Gateley? Come on... the most perfect of fairytales begins with this... 0.0% chance the fingers lose this.
FENGER!!

Foreman vs Roosevelt
Last I heard there was a question whether or not the Roughriders were even going to field a team this year. Nice to see they rallied at the last minute. Not like Teddy Roosevelt rallied to give a speech after being shot, but still quite the rally. At the end of the day, it could be Grover Cleveland or Millard Fillmore, I still take a president over Foreman. Every Time.
Take Roosevelt!

This game reeks of a CPL forfeit. What's a CPL forfeit, you ask? It's when one team shows up to a CPL stadium, warms up and is ready to go, only to have the stadium manager tell them at kickoff time the other team is, "having bus issues." This goes on for an hour. At that point, the other team rolls off the bus an hour late and dominates without any warmup, or it is a no call, no show, CPL forfeit.

Friday
Payton vs Orr

Is this game at Orr? There is a gas station across the street from Orr with the best nachos. So good, in fact, that I will neither confirm or deny that I have seen players eating said nachos on the sideline during a game. I will confirm, however, that the color of the cheese in those gas station nachos is the exact color of the yellow in Orr's uniforms.
ORR!

Von Steuben vs Sullivan
Sullivan is in Rogers Park. You know who else is from Rogers Park? The Loyola Ramblers, who just happen to be in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen. Lots of good sports energy currently in Rogers Park. So much so, that Sullivan won't need Sister Jean to beat Von Steuben.
Pick SULLY

Brooks vs Harlan
Brooks has blue turf. Brooks has all blue uniforms. Harlan has the sweetest all baby blue uniforms. I'm smelling COLOR RUSH!! Blue on Blue on Blue! CPL!!!!!!!!!!!
Pick the team in Blue!

Saturday
Curie vs Morgan Park

Bet you didn't know that Morgan Park is the six-time defending CPL boys bowling champions. But, you really don't need to know that in order to take Curie in this one. Fly Condors Fly!
CURIE

Michelle Clark vs Bulls
Guns N' Roses wrote a song on their first album called My Michelle. Chorus goes like this:

Well, well, well you just can't tell
Well, well, well my Michelle
Well, well, well you never can tell
Well, well, well my Michelle

For this game, I might change it up a little:

well, well, well, we all can tell
I'm not picking you, my Michelle.
well, well, well, we always can tell
the Bulls are gonna win my Michelle
BULLS

Kennedy vs Rauner
No need to stop picking presidents now.
Kennedy!

Dunbar vs Corliss
Dunbar, home of Mr. T. Corliss, home of the extra S, making everything ssssmooth as silk. Sorry Mr. T, I'd pity myself if I didn't take ssssmooth.
CORLISS!

I get confused trying to keep up with all of the military high schools in CPS. What I don't get confused by is picking against Chicago Academy in this one.
USA!

Pritzker vs Senn
Is there any question?
DAWGZZZZZZZ!

Last edited:
South Shore vs Fenger
South Shore. Fenger Fingers. Holy alliteration batman. Fenger fingers finish fist fight for first, 55-5.

Foreman vs Roosevelt
When I see Foreman all I can think about is construction and the job-site. If they are going to be a working foreman they might stand a chance but the minute they hang up the tools and try to start bossing everyone around they lose credibility, unless they are buying drinks. For Roosevelt, that makes me think Rough Riders. Call in the cavalry, especially in the rain tonight.

Richard Harper? The same Richard Harper from Fun with Dick and Jane? That movie was freaking awful. Give me the village, doesn't matter how small or big it is. It's all about the motion, or so I've heard.

Payton vs Orr
I think the real question here is Payton orr Peyton. I mean, it's a loaded question here in Chicago, you'd have to be an idiot to actually pick Peyton. While his Bears superfan episode of places was great, there is no match for Sweetness. Sweet Jesus am I sad now, the Bears have been botching careers and teams every year but one since his rookie season. Payton it is...

Von Steuben vs Sullivan
Ohhh the battle of Parks. Albany or North vs Rodgers. I guess if your looking for a separator in this Northside match up that could be it. 2 parks, that's a lot of grass to cover. Give me Von.

Brooks vs Harlan
This is a match up of colors. Brooks has the smurf turf and Harlan's stud is Pinky. Blue vs Pink. Boy vs Girl? Uh oh I think the NCAA just freaked out they were going to get themselves in some even hotter water, but I digress. Blue turf versus the dude that truly looks the part. Since I am not even sure Pinky is back this year I'll go with the turf.

Curie vs Morgan Park
Curie motors has the absolute worst mechanics ever. They all look like slobs covered in grease and have messed up every car I ever brought in for service. One of the first times I was there I couldn't get them to cover my Reverse, kept screaming and screaming, but just didn't happen. Give me the mustangs, hopefully they are running better than my car.

Michelle Clark vs Bulls
2 constants in this matchup. First, Clark. Every year Coach Percy is on her talking about the strength of Clark and every year they end up right near .500. Bulls constant is every time they start to play well again and suck me back in they go right back to sucking. Two teams stuck in the middle that tells me all I need to know about this game. Clark 20 Bulls 20. Yuck. REVISION Bulls just traded for Vucevic, this clearly gives them the edge. Bulls 9 Clark 7

Kennedy vs Rauner
Kennedy is a disaster even in the middle of a pandemic traffic is always awful. Speaking of awful hey look, Rauner. Here's the gridlock and tie I was looking for. 2-2.

Dunbar vs Corliss
Is Dunbar really back? Every time I see it and think there's progress there's always another Dunbar moment. Corliss Trojans? Really missed an opportunity to lean into the double s by not going with the Snakes, unless you know what's in the Trojan horse this time? Yup you guessed it. Snakes!!!! Corlissssssssssssssss in the upset.

Semper Fi

Pritzker vs Senn
Yuck again, how is it every politician in the state is god awful? DAAAAAAWWWWWWGGGGGZ by a zillion.

Its funny how no one seems to look at 4 teams we lost to last year were all State teams, Kenwood, Payton, St. Viator, St. Francis. And you honestly think we will lose to the Bulls, Orr (has lost to us the last 3 mtgs by an avg of 18) Solorio(beat them last year missing 5 starters), Young(have beaten F/S team 84-16 the last 2yrs). Payton will be the tricky one, but I believe we are ready.

Mannnnnnn, whassupppppppp! Bring in da noize and finna bring in da funk! CPS! CPS! Louda!!! CPS!!! CPS!!!!!

Thursday
South Shore vs Fenger

Man dis be da eaziest game finna all wekend! Da Fenger Fingers r in da houze! As dat badddd mannnnn da Rock sayd, South Shore it dont matta wat ur name iz!
Fenger 36, South Shore 6

Foreman vs Roosevelt
Man dat George Foreman was 1 heluva boxar! But da rough riderz are da pick!! Dey finna ride to da left, ride to da right, criss cross, boom boom, criss cross, cha cha all ova doze Hornetz!
Roosevelt 34, Foreman 12

Dis be a sleepa heluva game. U gotta think dat 2 teamz be betta den one!! Not in da CPS dough!!!!! Man it take a vilage to take down doze 2 teamz, but da small village is in da house!!! Litta vilage, litta score!

LV 8, R/H 6 (True CPS Score)

Friday
Payton vs Orr

Row da boatz!!!! Row doze boatz!!!!! Rolin, rolin, rolin dowwn da river! Big weelz keep on turninnn! Dat proud mary keep on burnin!!! I always wondad who dat Mary waz!!! Dont matta cuz Orr finna row dat boat over da fallz and dey be drowninnnn
Payton: 35, Orr 14

Von Steuben vs Sullivan
Man, dere iz no Rood! Waste of time!
Sullivan 12, Von Steuben 6

Brooks vs Harlan
Man, I ounce nu a man named Harlan Brooks! Man, he was a dawg, he was a g, he was da reel deel! I called him up 2 c iz pick for dis game! Since he was finna eat sum of dat good Church's Fryd Chikin, he took da colonel Harlan!
Harlan 38, Brooks 36

Saturday
Curie vs Morgan Park

Mustangz vs. condorz???? Man a horse finna stronga den sum Cali bird!
MoPo 28, Curie 24

Michelle Clark vs Bulls
Whoop, dere it iz, I say whoop dere it iz! Whoop dere it iz! Cue da MJ entry muzik. I hear da Bullz got a 6'6 Gard frum Nort Carilna! He wear dat # 23! A guard in # 23!!! Iz dat allowed! If it iz, dat means da Bullz dat reel deel!
Bulls 24, Clark 6

Kennedy vs Rauner
Who carez! Hopefully diz game at dat Rockne stadium so da fanz can BBQ in da parking lot or cross da street! Dis game suckz!
Rauner 6, Kennedy 0

Dunbar vs Corliss
I coldnt care less about finna coorliss! Unles i be drinkin dat Coorz at dat done bar!!! Da Dunbar, dat where we be heedin!

Dunbar 49, Corliss 16

Marinez! Dun, no morr needed!
Marine 32, CHAC 0

Pritzker vs Senn
Dis be da guvrnor weak! Da Raurner finna win, da Pritzka finna win!
Pritzker 22, Senn 20

Its funny how no one seems to look at 4 teams we lost to last year were all State teams, Kenwood, Payton, St. Viator, St. Francis. And you honestly think we will lose to the Bulls, Orr (has lost to us the last 3 mtgs by an avg of 18) Solorio(beat them last year missing 5 starters), Young(have beaten F/S team 84-16 the last 2yrs). Payton will be the tricky one, but I believe we are ready.
This is CPL Pick 'em, not the NFL. What happened last year in the CPL doesn't matter. Shoot, what happened last week in the CPL doesn't matter. This is the league where a team can win a game by 20, forfeit the next two weeks, then come back and have a dominating performance. This is the league where a team can be dominant, then have "a bus issue" and lose a game because only half the team shows up, or doesn't show up at all. Sophomore teams that are dominant, then have no one matriculate to varsity. I could go on, but the point is that nothing in the CPL makes sense like it does everywhere else. I appreciate what you are doing as a coach in the CPL, the kids need guys that are committed. You of all people know how crazy the CPL is. Good luck with your season.

This is CPL Pick 'em, not the NFL. What happened last year in the CPL doesn't matter. Shoot, what happened last week in the CPL doesn't matter. This is the league where a team can win a game by 20, forfeit the next two weeks, then come back and have a dominating performance. This is the league where a team can be dominant, then have "a bus issue" and lose a game because only half the team shows up, or doesn't show up at all. Sophomore teams that are dominant, then have no one matriculate to varsity. I could go on, but the point is that nothing in the CPL makes sense like it does everywhere else. I appreciate what you are doing as a coach in the CPL, the kids need guys that are committed. You of all people know how crazy the CPL is. Good luck with your season.
The Hig was a buzz last night. The whole crew showed up. Bic, big, Windsor, 'dingo, everyone was talking. Raby folding their season, Roosevelt replaced by another Taft (Varsity?) team. You better believe nothing matters. CPL is the Wild Wild West.

I know it's only Tuesday, but with this nice weather, it has me thinking of Hot CPL Thursday Action! Dunbar vs King, Julian vs Brooks, Foreman vs Senn...Maybe Michelle vs Taft? So many big games on the early slate!! @Schwab54 get me a pick'em!!

Reactions: thecpsblog
ADVERTISEMENT