ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick'Em IHSA Week 4, CPL Week 3

Schwab54

Nov 13, 2016
After being off a week CPL Pick'Em is back! While I like this Spring season, it doesn't quite match up with my work schedule quite as well. We've had lots of teams drop for this week and even some drop for the season since we started. After making some calls I think all the games listed below will be played but with CPL until the opening kickoff anything is possible.

Fenger vs Bowen
I think this game may be off, but it's not CPL Pick'Em without the FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fingers by 100

Clemente vs North Lawndale
6 years ago this would have been North Lawndale in a blow out. 3 years ago Clemente would have given the ball to Baby Gronk and it would have been over. But this year there are a lot more questions. While Phoenix may not be playing this season, the North Lawndale Phoenix are, and you all better know the Phoenix is Risnig!
North Lawndale by 22

Sullivan vs Mather
I've had a few beverages at a bar called Sullys. Do these cheese breadsticks things called Sully's Sticks, they're pretty good. Know the guy who used to run Mather Park. Great dude, seems like he would be a lot of fun to bring to Sully's.
Sully by 17

Julian vs Brooks
My little brother is named Julian. Brooks plays on Smurf Turf. I do love my brother but Smurf Turf is so much cooler!
Brooks by 35

Solorio vs Orr
Both teams have lost to Michelle Clark this year. Michelle Clark appears to be for real this year. The Firebirds vs the Row Boats will be an interesting matchup. I'm just hoping that row boat isn't made of wood or this one could be burned down quick.
Solorio by 6

Lane Tech vs Westinghouse
Thus far I have been impressed by the Lane Tech new coach. They lost a close game in OT to Taft Week 1 and pounded Sully Week 2. Westinghouse is 1-1 on the year with their loss to Phillips. This has been a crazy year. I've watched a lot of West Wing, there has been a lot of coverage about the White House, these sure seems like signs to me. Throw in their awesome yellow color rush jerseys!
Westinghouse by 4

Steinmetz vs Schurz
This is an old Big Shoulders matchup. Put in separate conferences this year I thought we wouldn't get the matchup but with teams falling out we get it back! This is a big time rivalry game. When Schurz and the Metz get together you throw out the records. Any matchup of the Silver Streaks vs the Bulldawgs is much watch, hopefully I can get a seat for this one.
The Metz by 18

Bulls Prep vs Von Steuben
Back in the day when my favorite CPL coach of all time, Alan Rood, was still at Von this would be my must watch game of the week! But the loudest man the CPL has ever seen has departed and now instead of my Game of the Week this is my lock of the week. The Bulls are back!
Bulls by 30

OOOOOOOOOOOOO, Pick em is back!!!!!!! No nonsense let's get right to it.

Fenger vs Bowen
Now I know everyone loves the fingers, but there's a marked advantage here that has never been brought up about Bowen. And that advantage is none other than their school newspaper. I know you're thinking WHAT?!? but let me tell you its so freaking good. What makes it so good you ask? The name.. The Bowen ARROW!!! Just briliant, that's the stuff that gets you points in pick em. ARROWS Up!!! Fingers down.

While the Phoenix may be rising they don't stand a chance against the mighty Clemente Wildcats, normally we don't get excited about standard boring nicknames but that is greatly surpassed by a head coach with an AOL email address. I was sending out some camp invitations and when I saw coach's email I knew that's the kind of old school tenacity I need to get in contact with. I'm not talking about that IM thing they had I need straight beeeeep, buzzzz, brrrrrrrrrr, beeeeeeep. You've got a victory.

Sullivan vs Mather
Rodgers Park or West Ridge? Hmmm, I'd much rather the rough and tumble Rodgers Park than anything to do with towns or teams with Ridge in them. Soft as soft can be, regressing and setting programs back because you can't get over the Ridge.

Julian vs Brooks
Nothing else matters when you collide on that sweet sweet Blue Turf of Brooks. Brooks by a million

Solorio vs Orr
Doing more with less or ORR ORR ORR ORR ORR getting smacked with a paddle. Row the BOAT!!!! Oars of ORR

Pretty sure I saw a request about the PE department at Lane a few threads back, let me provide you and update. Nothing has changed, much like the broken bathroom status at that stadium. Don't understand how you can spend all those dollars to house numerous events and have someone in charge that gets paid to NOT change light bulbs in the scoreboard, not fix toilets, but DO nothing. Sweet gig I guess. Westinghouse makes sure everything stays broken.

Steinmetz vs Schurz
I absolutely love this match up, every time it's played. There is nothing better than seeing young eager HS in the city willing to hop on a bus in full pads to shoot up Diversey to match up with the Silverstreaks. I hear the streaks are well streaking, but I'm going to guess the purple and gold lay a beating this weekend. I'm getting on the bus, let's go DAWGZ!

Thought my Bulls were ready to make a move after the deadline and acquiring all that talent but boy was I blinded by that light shining like a beacon. They needed time to gel, and wouldn't you know it. They're finally ready to take off. No screaming or yelling, blinding light this time. Bulls are headed to the playoffs!!!!

Here we go! Glad my guy @Schwab54 got the games up before the Hot Thursday CPL Action! While disappointing we don't have any noon starts this week, we still get CPL in the spring! On to the picks!

Fenger vs Bowen
What? This game might not be played? Fiddlesticks! Fenger!!!
FINGERS!!!!

This one is simple. Clemente is named after Roberto Clemente. It's baseball season. Bust out the peanuts and Cracker Jack! Give me the baseball team!
Clemente with the walk off in the 9th!

Sullivan vs Mather
I've always wondered if it is pronounced MATH-er, or ma-THER. I've also always wondered why the nickname is the Rangers, but the mascot is a bear. Lots to ponder over there on Peterson....except that Wolfy's makes a damn good hot dog. Give me the team I can't pronounce, but to be fair, it is hard to talk with a mouthful of hot dog.
RangerBears!!

Julian vs Brooks
I do enjoy some Julian cut green beans. Or is it Julienne cut? So many questions today! If you ate a smurf, what would it taste like? I have this feeling that smurfs taste like squash, you know, you expect them to taste good, but they are just bland and squishy. So disappointing.
Give me the beans!

Solorio vs Orr
Have we ever had a matchup with so many O's in the team names? Makes me think of that O'Reilly Auto Parts commercial...O O O O'Reilly....Auto....Parts! Not sure that has anything to do with anything, other than if this matchup was on Wheel of Fortune, you would get a lot of bang for the buck if you bought the right vowel. Give me the value! Give me Solorio!

Fun fact. The first Westinghouse High School building was in an old candy factory. I like candy.
Give me The House!

Steinmetz vs Schurz
I took in a Frosh-Soph game at Schurz one time. Played on that little triangle piece of property to the west of the school. Irregular shape, no lines, about 70 yards long. They closed a street and put turf over that little field a few years ago, but I'll never forget the scoring in one end zone, then having to turn around and go back the other way in order to score a touchdown in the opposite end zone. CPL at its' finest!
Give me the memories! Schurz!

Hmmm. Has anyone picked Senn this week?
DAWGZ!!!

Speaking of Hot CPL Action, looks like Simeon is shut down for 2 weeks, Morgan Park posted on twitter they got Oak Lawn last minute this week.

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
26-0 Mather over Sullivan.

Solorio up big on Orr.

Bulls are up on Von.

Morgan Park beat Oak Lawn

Westinghouse lost to Vernon Hills 12-6.

Catalyst Maria beat Gage Park big.

any other CPL results?

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
Bulls win, Bulls win!

we got any other scores? Haven’t seen anything come in from Rockne, Eckersall and Gatley.

ADVERTISEMENT