ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Reality

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
Hey guys I don’t usually post personal topics here on edgy but I thought I could help by giving my own experience. Last week my wife started feeling sick. She started exhibiting some of the symptoms we heard with covid. So we went to have her tested. 4 days later she came back positive. After a few days I started experiencing the same symptoms. We have been quarantined at home since she started to feel sick. The symptoms we are experiencing are the following. Head ache, cough, fever, body aches, chills, loss of taste & smell. We are both in good health with no underlying health issues so I feel positive about getting through this. We don’t know where we contracted this because we have been very diligent about wearing masks and staying away from people and especially large groups. I will say this is no hoax’s it’s real and if someone were not healthy I could see how this could turn bad fast. We are healthy and it’s still a fight. This is not sent to scare anyone I just wanted to give information from someone who is going through the fight.

Hope you and your wife recover soon. Don't expect to get your taste or smell back anytime soon. I still have taste/smell issues almost 2 months after having covid.

Reactions: corey90
Hope you and your wife recover soon. Don't expect to get your taste or smell back anytime soon. I still have taste/smell issues almost 2 months after having covid.

Thanks
How long before you could go back to work? I actually haven’t lost my taste yet? She lost hers about a week after her first signs.

Hope you have a quick and full recovery. With the exception of a few knuckleheads, most people believe this is a real virus, but just don't agree with the response to it...especially when it's mandated to us.

Rest well and hope you recover soon!

Be well. I had it back in March. Before smell and taste was even a thing. Hydrate Vitamin D worked for me. Stay as active as you can. I had a very mild case but mentally and physically i felt you had to keep moving. You will get through it!

Hey guys I don’t usually post personal topics here on edgy but I thought I could help by giving my own experience. Last week my wife started feeling sick. She started exhibiting some of the symptoms we heard with covid. So we went to have her tested. 4 days later she came back positive. After a few days I started experiencing the same symptoms. We have been quarantined at home since she started to feel sick. The symptoms we are experiencing are the following. Head ache, cough, fever, body aches, chills, loss of taste & smell. We are both in good health with no underlying health issues so I feel positive about getting through this. We don’t know where we contracted this because we have been very diligent about wearing masks and staying away from people and especially large groups. I will say this is no hoax’s it’s real and if someone were not healthy I could see how this could turn bad fast. We are healthy and it’s still a fight. This is not sent to scare anyone I just wanted to give information from someone who is going through the fight.
Wow! I just read this and although I know people who have had it, it is still stunning to hear each time. Take care of yourself and your wife. You are a good man, Corey. I will be thinking about you and praying for you in the coming days. Keep fighting, brother.

Doesn't sound like fun. I gather that you're in your fifties, which isn't quite elderly but makes you more vulnerable than a teenager. I wish you both a lot of luck.

Wow! I just read this and although I know people who have had it, it is still stunning to hear each time. Take care of yourself and your wife. You are a good man, Corey. I will be thinking about you and praying for you in the coming days. Keep fighting, brother.
Thanks LTHS
We’re doing just that. Thanks for your prayers.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Thanks
How long before you could go back to work? I actually haven’t lost my taste yet? She lost hers about a week after her first signs.
I was lucky I really only felt lousy for a few days and the rest I was just lethargic. I work from home now so I only took a few days off. But I was quarantined for 10 days.

Wishing you and your wife a speedy recovery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery! It effects everyone differently. I had a real mild case. No fever, slight body aches, more tired then normal, but my tell tale was lose of scent and taste. I've had worse colds medically but even though my senses came back after about a week, my scent still isn't 100%. Being a Cop I knew I would get it sooner or later. An outbreak came in the Area Detective Division I work in. Most of us had mild cases, but a few had similar experiences as yours, 1 guy ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks, everyone's immune system is different.

I read on the blog Second City Cop that CPD has had about 2500 cases and four deaths. You guys are out there doing it, while the teachers take vacations in Puerto Rico. Back the blue!
Let's not start this up...again.

Corey, I really don't know what to say other than I hope your recovery is as good as you're making it sound and I pray for your recovery and that if I get this damn virus I will be healthy enough to get through it with as little misery as possible. (or anybody else that we know) Peace

Corey, I really don't know what to say other than I hope your recovery is as good as you're making it sound and I pray for your recovery and that if I get this damn virus I will be healthy enough to get through it with as little misery as possible. (or anybody else that we know) Peace

Thanks Kevin

I had covid pneumonia last month. Thank God I didn't need to go into the ICU, nor did I have to use a ventilator. I stayed one night in the hospital and went home the next evening.

I can relate, Corey, and I gotta say it was a scary experience. Praying for you and your wife; you guys got this!

I had covid pneumonia last month. Thank God I didn't need to go into the ICU, nor did I have to use a ventilator. I stayed one night in the hospital and went home the next evening.

I can relate, Corey, and I gotta say it was a scary experience. Praying for you and your wife; you guys got this!

It is a bit scary because you don’t want it to go to the point where you have trouble breathing. This hasn’t happened to either of us so I guess so far we are lucky.

So how's the virus treating you? I'm curious about the kind of mask you were wearing and whether you and your wife were wearing the same kind. There are a lot of them out there, and they all have different degrees of effectiveness, such as 50% or less for the flimsy blue ones and up to 80 or 90% for a triple layer. The best, of course, are the N95. I hope you're not too sick.

So how's the virus treating you? I'm curious about the kind of mask you were wearing and whether you and your wife were wearing the same kind. There are a lot of them out there, and they all have different degrees of effectiveness, such as 50% or less for the flimsy blue ones and up to 80 or 90% for a triple layer. The best, of course, are the N95. I hope you're not too sick.

We wore two ply polyester/cotton masks. Different but pretty much same material. We are almost 100%. Slight cough but otherwise doing very well. Quarantine is over and I returned to work.
We were lucky and it never made into our lungs. Believe me when I say I could see how this could have gone bad quickly. We are very blessed with good health and no underlying conditions.
I want to thank each and everyone of you guys for all your well wishes it truly shows the kind of stand up guys you all are.
We can disagree about subjects but still respect and care about each other.
Okay let’s get Illinois on track and get the kids playing this spring. If other states can figure it out why can’t Illinois? Come on leadership let’s lead!

Bring Illinois HS football and sports back!!!!

We wore two ply polyester/cotton masks. Different but pretty much same material. We are almost 100%. Slight cough but otherwise doing very well. Quarantine is over and I returned to work.
We were lucky and it never made into our lungs. Believe me when I say I could see how this could have gone bad quickly. We are very blessed with good health and no underlying conditions.
I want to thank each and everyone of you guys for all your well wishes it truly shows the kind of stand up guys you all are.
We can disagree about subjects but still respect and care about each other.
Okay let’s get Illinois on track and get the kids playing this spring. If other states can figure it out why can’t Illinois? Come on leadership let’s lead!

Bring Illinois HS football and sports back!!!!
Having the proper mask and wearing it correctly doesn't keep a person from getting the virus. We all know it can be transmitted through touch. I think there are a lot of cases where a person became infected from something they touched. I don't know anyone who sanitizes or washes their hands after each time they touch something. It's literally impossible to do. And I don't know anyone who never brings their hands up to their face once in a while.

But, I am happy to hear you and your wife are doing better. Good health is the key. Not just in the cases of Covid, but in all medical cases. People who are otherwise healthy and active tend to go through and recover from surgery at a quicker pace. They usually do better in physical therapy. They generally recover quicker from illnesses such as colds and flu. No question general health is a big factor when it comes to having any illness. A healthy 60 year old has a better chance of survival from Covid than a 40 year old who is otherwise unhealthy.

There are also several studies that have been conducted for decades which show a person's attitude and outlook play a part in their general health. I believe that 100%. While I believe luck plays a part in good health, the choices we make when it comes to health and activity plays a part that is just as big. Just my opinion. But, I know what I see when I look around.

Having the proper mask and wearing it correctly doesn't keep a person from getting the virus. We all know it can be transmitted through touch. I think there are a lot of cases where a person became infected from something they touched. I don't know anyone who sanitizes or washes their hands after each time they touch something. It's literally impossible to do. And I don't know

anyone who never brings their hands up to their face once in a while.

But, I am happy to hear you and your wife are doing better. Good health is the key. Not just in the cases of Covid, but in all medical cases. People who are otherwise healthy and active tend to go through and recover from surgery at a quicker pace. They usually do better in physical therapy. They generally recover quicker from illnesses such as colds and flu. No question general health is a big factor when it comes to having any illness. A healthy 60 year old has a better chance of survival from Covid than a 40 year old who is otherwise unhealthy.

There are also several studies that have been conducted for decades which show a person's attitude and outlook play a part in their general health. I believe that 100%. While I believe luck plays a part in good health, the choices we make when it comes to health and activity plays a part that is just as big. Just my opinion. But, I know what I see when I look around.

Agree 100% we’re not sure but you very well might be right. Going to the store touching something etc. really will never know. No matter at this point as we’re on the otherside of this thing. We will most likely donate blood for people needing the antibodies. We already discussed this and we want to help anyone needing help.

ADVERTISEMENT