ADVERTISEMENT

Conratulations to mt.carmel,on their long trad ion of winning state championships,BUT

I agree. I was just referring to some on this thread as well as the others about the game claiming that MC would never run up the score on a fellow catholic school under coach Frank. It has happened in the past and may even happen in the future. But yes with :30 left just take the knee.
Frank had MC put into CCL green so he could pad his wins stats/record!! It was the ultimate “running up the score!”

Reactions: dhamp6
I think very highly of Coach Frank. He was my Coach, he’s never been unkind to myself or my family. I never went to him for any favors because it was never needed and we just never had that close player/coach bond, same for 90% of our team. I came to practice, he coached, I went home. My feelings towards MC are deeper then my participation on the football team, it helped me in many other ways.

That being said while I don’t agree with how he was let go, I do believe it was the right decision. Everything in the Sun Times article is right, while a degree of success was there, the program was on auto pilot. Fans weren’t coming out, players who used to line up to play for MC were going elsewhere, even alumni kids. Top players were transferring at a high rate. There was a very noticeable different feeling that many fans and Alums noticed.

I don’t expect Frank to be all forgiving about this, I’d be pissed too. But I think Frank is probably a little pissed at himself that he stopped working as hard to recruit and pumped the brakes....anyone who has been let go from a job knows you’re pissed at your employer but deep down your pissed at yourself because you know you did something wrong. Frank was relieved as Coach, not fired from the school, the same position he holds now at Laurence was offered to him at MC, he declined.

Lastly on this topic, @wasdo I get annoyed with your posts because this has been all you post about for the past two years. Get over it. Pretty much everyone involved has. I can take you to school on your claims “these are Frank players” they aren’t! He recruited maybe 4 of the 76, the staff did the rest. None of these players from this State team ever played for him, at least as a starter. This is Coach Lynch’s offense, not Coach Frank’s. This whole thread you started was another dig by you and I’m tired of it, and I’m not alone. Get over it.

Like it or not as adults, the blowout wins, especially when it comes to private schools serve as recruitment leverage. Kids see a 2nd year coach beating the hell out of a team they thought was good, and their eyes get big. It's a different world out there than some of us are used to. Just a thought.

Reactions: sivada2001
Like it or not as adults, the blowout wins, especially when it comes to private schools serve as recruitment leverage. Kids see a 2nd year coach beating the hell out of a team they thought was good, and their eyes get big. It's a different world out there than some of us are used to. Just a thought.
That’s not why he did it. He was pissed and got caught up in the moment. He will learn.

Reactions: Gene K.
That’s not why he did it. He was pissed and got caught up in the moment. He will learn.

Just curious, what will he learn? There are people who go through life not giving a damn about what others think. Some people can dish it and take it. Not defending, just adding another perspective.

Just curious, what will he learn? There are people who go through life not giving a damn about what others think. Some people can dish it and take it. Not defending, just adding another perspective.
He’s a young guy and uber competitive ( I assume). Doesn’t make him a bad guy. Just inexperienced.

Reactions: McCaravan
He did something that just about every Coach out there has done, including the guy he was coaching against that day and I know Coach Frank did several times especially early in his career. The horse has been beaten, put this to rest.

He did something that just about every Coach out there has done, including the guy he was coaching against that day and I know Coach Frank did several times especially early in his career. The horse has been beaten, put this to rest.
Totally agree. Everything I’ve heard about him has been nothing but positive.

So they lost by 24 instead of 17. BFD!

Dweise, when you can end the game, you do so. I 100% would be down with the reserves scoring the late TD. But it's a little different when HC gives his little brother his 5th TD of the game when he could have taken a knee and ended the game.

I agree with Mcaravan. Time to forget about it. I haven't logged on since Saturday and was surprised to see this was still a hot topic...

Dweise, when you can end the game, you do so. I 100% would be down with the reserves scoring the late TD. But it's a little different when HC gives his little brother his 5th TD of the game when he could have taken a knee and ended the game.

I agree with Mcaravan. Time to forget about it. I haven't logged on since Saturday and was surprised to see this was still a hot topic...

Topics like this will always be hot. Nothing wrong with people sharing their perspective.

@Gene K.

To be honest I don’t really care about the score totals. The better team won. That said I would have taken a different approach and emptied the bench like Racki did in the 2015 title game, rather than have my starters score a meaningless TD with 30 seconds on the clock. Imagine how a 4 year scout team player(that never saw game action, let alone score) would have felt punching in that final TD! Instead Al Bundy(Polk High School) padded his 4 TDs in the state title game, to 5.

Where's Jwar when you need him? Awfully quiet about this thread. Hoping to hear from him soon! Me stirring the pot!

I kinda knew you would feel that way. That's hHow I felt after the Montini/JCA title game last year. Better luck next year !
"Revenge is a sauce best served cold."

@Gene K.

To be honest I don’t really care about the score totals. The better team won. That said I would have taken a different approach and emptied the bench like Racki did in the 2015 title game, rather than have my starters score a meaningless TD with 30 seconds on the clock. Imagine how a 4 year scout team player(that never saw game action, let alone score) would have felt punching in that final TD! Instead Al Bundy(Polk High School) padded his 4 TDs in the state title game, to 5.
Agreed. Put your 2's in, and if they score on the ground, great. That being said, Naz didn't exactly follow that mantra during the season, either. Against StL, with a 21 point lead and under a minute left, their 1's punched in a late TD. McCarthy still in the game, and threw a couple passes on that drive as well. Naz, if you don't like it, don't do it to other people.

Agreed. Put your 2's in, and if they score on the ground, great. That being said, Naz didn't exactly follow that mantra during the season, either. Against StL, with a 21 point lead and under a minute left, their 1's punched in a late TD. McCarthy still in the game, and threw a couple passes on that drive as well. Naz, if you don't like it, don't do it to other people.
Ahh, now we can put 2 and 2 together. A couple old friends discussing things prior to the game. It all makes sense now...and I say cool.

Reactions: IgorStL
We had winning Margins in State games this weekend of 38,36,22,and 21..... but for some reason you guys are specifically deciding to call out MC +24 for running up the score? Seems a little silly to me.

Thing is, between the two threads that are on this topic and about 500 posts, very few are from the Naz fans. It seems to have upset a Maine South fan the most, and the Coach Frank fan who started this thread to make a dig on MC and actually thinks Coach Frank hasn’t done the same thing countless times in his career. Hopefully this dies soon. The start of the off season topics!

We had winning Margins in State games this weekend of 38,36,22,and 21..... but for some reason you guys are specifically deciding to call out MC +24 for running up the score? Seems a little silly to me.
Thing is, between the two threads that are on this topic and about 500 posts, very few are from the Naz fans. It seems to have upset a Maine South fan the most, and the Coach Frank fan who started this thread to make a dig on MC and actually thinks Coach Frank hasn’t done the same thing countless times in his career. Hopefully this dies soon. The start of the off season topics!
Did I think it was right ? No. Did it change the outcome ? No. Lose by 1 or 24 wasn't going to change my feeling on the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT