ADVERTISEMENT

Conratulations to mt.carmel,on their long trad ion of winning state championships,BUT

He calls the stadium a “practice field with extended seating” or something like that.
No he did not. I just saw the full interview and what he said was that the new stadium was his old practice field that they added a press box and extended the seating. It was descriptive to the interviewer and said with no malice. Watch the interview from the link below. Very interesting. I did not know about him but I have a new found respect.

I can feel how torn you are between your loyalty and love for Frank and the school. I just finished the watching the interview and saw Frank as a humble man in a humble house giving us his honest thoughts. I did not hear him bashing the school or the students and his other co worker teachers. He obviously has lingering feelings towards the administration but I commend him for his restraint. Regarding the discussion about the field, there was no bashing, he stated that it was his practice field that had additional seating and a press box installed. Again, not a disrespectful statement.
I also gather he’s a serious man who doesn’t sugarcoat things, as evidenced when he spoke about McNabb and McGrew. He chose McGrew but in a way that was not disrespectful to McNabb. Interesting about him discussing the veer and what coaching is meant to be. An experienced leader of men and a winner is what I got out of the interview.
Listen at the ~36 minute mark, he even takes a shot at Jordan; something along the lines “being a good coach isn’t being good in college and being a trophy finalist.....MC lost its community” Jordan has never said a word of negativity towards Frank that I’ve ever heard.

And the stadium comment; “what MC is calling a stadium is really just a practice field with bleachers, lights, and a press box.” Isn’t that what every high school stadium in IL is? And MC’s community is really what makes it feel like a stadium!

Listen at the ~36 minute mark, he even takes a shot at Jordan; something along the lines “being a good coach isn’t being good in college and being a trophy finalist.....MC lost its community” Jordan has never said a word of negativity towards Frank that I’ve ever heard.

And the stadium comment; “what MC is calling a stadium is really just a practice field with bleachers, lights, and a press box.” Isn’t that what every high school stadium in IL is? And MC’s community is really what makes it feel like a stadium!

I think most people would be bitter in Frank's situation.

This is silly. You have Warren, which was shut out, ahead of MC … who destroyed your #5?

You're just another guy with a chip on his shoulder for MC.
No chip at all . Did you watch Warren at all this year. I was actually going to switch them but gave the nod to Warren based to specialties.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
No chip at all . Did you watch Warren at all this year. I was actually going to switch them but gave the nod to Warren based to specialties.

Warren would have had a similar amount of yards vs MC. At some point an MC skill kid would have broken one. Would have been like 7-0 or 10-0 MC win.

Reactions: Queen4
LWE
ESL
MC
Cardinal Ritter

The entire CR team that played Naz.

Those are the top 4 teams I saw play in IL.

Warren would have had a similar amount of yards vs MC. At some point an MC skill kid would have broken one. Would have been like 7-0 or 10-0 MC win.
It may have been. Thats the great thing about opinions.

I think most people would be bitter in Frank's situation.
No doubt about that. But leave graciously, like the Sun Times article said the school gave him every opportunity to do so!! Franks ego got the best of him...

Yeah their offense left much to be desired, but I don't think I've ever seen a defense make a championship team not even try to score.

No doubt about that. But leave graciously, like the Sun Times article said the school gave him every opportunity to do so!! Franks ego got the best of him...

The suntimes article was closer to a hit piece. Bringing up lackluster crowds at gately? A full house at MC field would be about 25 percent capacity at gately..

I’m not here to defend Frank or anyone else. I call it as I see it. I believe his point was that hiring a coach based on how good they were in college and being a trophy finalist does not mean you will be successful. We can agree on that I believe.
Regarding the stadium, it obviously was a huge success for the school but is in fact the old practice field. There’s nothing wrong with that fact.

Reactions: PRokie and wasdo
Wrong I think mr. Lynch from mt. Carmel showed hie real ego,put an astrick on the championship!

Reactions: PRokie
This is silly. You have Warren, which was shut out, ahead of MC … who destroyed your #5?

I’d flip MC and Warren and move Naz down a few spots. Not sure who I’d put at 5, maybe Rochester after dismantling SR?

Not a chip at all, looks like someone who values football at the highest level is all. 8A is really it, everything else is an afterthought.

Freedom of the press is real and allowed ,what shouldn't be allowed is an in experienced reporter making a claim that mt. Carmel is making a football coaching change [. Before it withers away and dies], wow what a statement talking about a coach that brought them 11 state championships,also this years team was basically recruited by him,last but not least FRANK LENTI had a lot to do with st.laurence winning the PREP bowl this year,good to see st.laurence is not ready to wither away and die.

Freedom of the press is real and allowed ,what shouldn't be allowed is an in experienced reporter making a claim that mt. Carmel is making a football coaching change [. Before it withers away and dies], wow what a statement talking about a coach that brought them 11 state championships,also this years team was basically recruited by him,last but not least FRANK LENTI had a lot to do with st.laurence winning the PREP bowl this year,good to see st.laurence is not ready to wither away and die.

Was he (the inexperienced reporter) wrong about the coaching change?

Reactions: StopFakeNews
I stand by my post ,if you can't understand what I'm trying to convey I'm sorry.

Well if your post is incoherent and someone asks for clarification the polite thing to do is restate. Off you go.

Well if your post is incoherent and someone asks for clarification the polite thing to do is restate. Off you go.
Don't waste your time on him . He's a broken record. He is six degree's of Coach Lenti, meaning every single one of his posts is a direct bashing on MC for the Lenti handling two years ago, or eventually leads into it. Which is his right but he offers nothing else to this board. And if you can't tell by the ridiculous title of this thread and his numerous typing and grammar errors in all of his posts, he's not worth your time.

Fyi, here's the interview when he belittles the new MC stadium. The funny thing is my dad helped lay the grass on that field when it initially became a practice field in 1988. I dumped some of my father's ashes there before the BrRice game in the end zone by the tracks on the west end zone.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/vide...tball-being-ambushed-by-mount-carmel-and-more
Thanks for posting this. I never realized that Coach Lenti never played high school football. Correct me if I’m wrong Joliet Catholic guys, but isn’t the same true for Gordie Gillespie? If that’s the case, you have arguably the 2 best coaches in the history of IHSA football that did not play the game in their respective prep years.

Thanks for posting this. I never realized that Coach Lenti never played high school football. Correct me if I’m wrong Joliet Catholic guys, but isn’t the same true for Gordie Gillespie? If that’s the case, you have arguably the 2 best coaches in the history of IHSA football that did not play the game in their respective prep years.

Frank once said, as I recall, that the coach at the time thought he was too small. I have n idea who that coach was.

Frank once said, as I recall, that the coach at the time thought he was too small. I have n idea who that coach was.
You are correct. He actually mentioned exactly that in the interview. Apparently, he played club football at Loyola.

"You are correct." Thanks Crispy, that's not something I hear very often. Much appreciated.

Hey you’ve been correct more than a few times. As long as you don’t get on politics I’ll give you credit when it’s deserved.

I’m not here to defend Frank or anyone else. I call it as I see it. I believe his point was that hiring a coach based on how good they were in college and being a trophy finalist does not mean you will be successful. We can agree on that I believe.
Regarding the stadium, it obviously was a huge success for the school but is in fact the old practice field. There’s nothing wrong with that fact.
There’s a second phase of renovations scheduled to my understanding. New sprint turf, concessions, expanded visitors seating, bathrooms and an updated score board. Hopefully, something similar to the state of the art Jumbo scoring that E’ville and ESL has at their stadiums.

Fair to say Frank did well overall for MC. How it ended is what it is. What I can say, is every Lenti I’ve encountered has been a stand up person. Whatever their parents did certainly stood out because for the most part all of them have done well for themselves.
Good people.
I’ll leave it at that.

That is true.
Rarely mentioned is that when Frank Lenti was named coach at Mt. Carmel, Gordie Gillespie is one of the people he consulted on how to develop a program.
Gordie was always about helping other coaches develop regardless of the sport he was coaching.
Many successful coaches were not stars and they often attribute that to having to learn their game at a level of depth to which more naturally talented people don't have go.
Perhaps that was what Lenti was attempting to convey regarding Lynch, but that said Lenti has always seemed to have things he says come out the wrong way or in a manner that makes it easy for one to find offensive.

As an loyal fan of Catholic leauge football I was very disappointed watching mt. Carmel running up the score on another private school,I understand mr.lenti is no longer there but I don't ever remember him stepping that low in a game.im sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way.
I was more disappointed in how Naz was acting. Including but not limited to tossing MC's star running back and linebacker. Why is no one up in arms about that? Maybe I just haven't seen it.

I stopped watching the game closely in the 4th quarter so maybe I'm not misinterpreting MC's last couple drives but it seemed to me that MC was pulling in the reigns and Naz couldn't stop the run. Do you expect MC to just take 3 or 4 consecutive knees?

Last edited:
I was more disappointed in how Naz was acting. Including but not limited to tossing MC's start running back and linebacker. Why is no one up in arms about that? Maybe I just haven't seen it.

I stopped watching the game closely in the 4th quarter so maybe I'm not misinterpreting MC's last couple drives but it seemed to me that MC was pulling in the reigns and Naz couldn't stop the run. Do you expect MC to just take 3 or 4 consecutive knees?

No one was defending anyone from Naz and there was definitely some asshattery going on with the team. The nuance here is that 17 year olds can be emotional and make mistakes. 29 year old coaches need to know better.

No one said they should take 3-4 consecutive knees, just one. There is never an instance where it is ok to run in a score when up by 17 with 40 seconds left in a game.

Reactions: Wassup13
No one was defending anyone from Naz and there was definitely some asshattery going on with the team. The nuance here is that 17 year olds can be emotional and make mistakes. 29 year old coaches need to know better.

No one said they should take 3-4 consecutive knees, just one. There is never an instance where it is ok to run in a score when up by 17 with 40 seconds left in a game.
The score was 30-13 before the last touchdown, a 17 point difference. I must have a different definition of running up the score. Naz was acting a bit immature from what I saw. I have never seen MC react the way some of those players were reacting on towards Naz on Saturday. (whether at officials or other teams). I can only assume there was alot of talking going on. Justin Lynch gave the Naz crowd the supermodel model wave (with the cupped hand turning slightly left and right) after one of the late touchdowns. Something was going on.

The score was 30-13 before the last touchdown, a 17 point difference. I must have a different definition of running up the score. Naz was acting a bit immature from what I saw. I have never seen MC react the way some of those players were reacting on towards Naz on Saturday. (whether at officials or other teams). I can only assume there was alot of talking going on. Justin Lynch gave the Naz crowd the supermodel model wave (with the cupped hand turning slightly left and right) after one of the late touchdowns. Something was going on.
With less than a minute when you can take a knee? That's running it up and padding stats and you know it.

Reactions: PRokie and Wassup13
With social media and the amount these kids know each other these says I’m sure there was talking the entire week leading up to the game.

As for the people on here suggesting that Coach Frank would never run up the score, I believe some people are looking at it through rose colored glasses. I am very fond of Coach Frank, but I remember some games in the ‘90’s and even into the 2000’s where the starters were still in for the 3rd quarter of a game with a 35+ point lead and they’d punch one more in the end zone before putting in the reserves.

Reactions: McCaravan
With social media and the amount these kids know each other these says I’m sure there was talking the entire week leading up to the game.

As for the people on here suggesting that Coach Frank would never run up the score, I believe some people are looking at it through rose colored glasses. I am very fond of Coach Frank, but I remember some games in the ‘90’s and even into the 2000’s where the starters were still in for the 3rd quarter of a game with a 35+ point lead and they’d punch one more in the end zone before putting in the reserves.
I actually have no problem with this. My thought is starters until you get the clock, but late in the 4th let the reserves in and take a knee when the clock lets you.

I actually have no problem with this. My thought is starters until you get the clock, but late in the 4th let the reserves in and take a knee when the clock lets you.
I agree. I was just referring to some on this thread as well as the others about the game claiming that MC would never run up the score on a fellow catholic school under coach Frank. It has happened in the past and may even happen in the future. But yes with :30 left just take the knee.

So if you don't have MC as #1, you're anti MC? Once again it appears that if someone doesn't agree with MC63, that person is a Trump racist or against MC. Here we go again. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT