ADVERTISEMENT

Conratulations to mt.carmel,on their long trad ion of winning state championships,BUT

wasdo

Nov 1, 2004
As an loyal fan of Catholic leauge football I was very disappointed watching mt. Carmel running up the score on another private school,I understand mr.lenti is no longer there but I don't ever remember him stepping that low in a game.im sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Agree with that Wasdo, but Coach Lynch will have to live with it, not the MC players or the MC fans. After seeing how they demolished Naz and being a CCL/ESCC fan, I now think Mount Carmel is the best team in the State of Illinois. Let the battle begin!

Reactions: sivada2001
I actually had the same feeling with ESL and PR. Game was in the bag late Q4 and ESL was still all gas no brakes, put it in reverse and run them over again.

Sure but I didn’t see the 2nd string offense out there.
OHHHH!!!!! OKAY!!!!! ESL put in their 2nd string defense in their last defensive stance which lead to a late PR touchdown. Then, ESL went into victory formation on their last drive with a little over a minute left. But somehow you’re trying to drag ESL into this????

Feeling kinda “participation trophy-ish”????

OHHHH!!!!! OKAY!!!!! ESL put in their 2nd string defense in their last defensive stance which lead to a late PR touchdown. Then, ESL went into victory formation on their last drive with a little over a minute left. But somehow you’re trying to drag ESL into this????
Totally agree with you. Esl played with class. Obviously coached to play that way. There’s no way they should be lumped with Mt. Carmel’s action.

BOOM BOWIE!

I’m not gonna address this here.
This guy who seems to be reasonable addressed it in a manor that is not only superior to my bull in china shop manor, but presents the obvious in a way that only a real jag could disagree with him.
My way is way too sophomoric... but it is honest

Reactions: MS4EVER
As an loyal fan of Catholic leauge football I was very disappointed watching mt. Carmel running up the score on another private school,I understand mr.lenti is no longer there but I don't ever remember him stepping that low in a game.im sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Admittedly, I may be reading more into your intro than you may have intended with your words, but I’ll ask for clarity anyhow. Would it have been okay to run the score up on a public school? Please don’t shoot me for my misinterpretation if that is the case.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
Admittedly, I may be reading more into your intro than you may have intended with your words, but I’ll ask for clarity anyhow. Would it have been okay to run the score up on a public school? Please don’t shoot me for my misinterpretation if that is the case.

@wasdo I think Naz got their revenge when #50 cheap shotted Odeluga knocking him to the ground and then #45 stood over him and gave him fake chest compressions. Your not proud of MC, you use this board to bash Lenti being replaced. That’s your right but don’t insult these kids with a fake congratulations so you could use it as a springboard. There is 4 pages of this matter being discussed on the soon to be flushed MC/Naz thread

Reactions: crusaderpride
Mr. Lenti’s bar is set as low as it goes with the way he left MC, airing the schools and programs dirty laundry and still crying about it in interviews this year. Even went as far to dis MC’s new stadium earlier this season....

Reactions: MCTD10
They could have beaten anyone last night, including ESL and LWE.

Maybe this will take us away from all the harping and carping about the last TD, a running example of OCD if there ever was one.
MC played great yesterday but a stretch on saying they would have beat ESL and LWE- totally two different teams- with strong O Lines

Reactions: Googertys Dog
You cant.put Naz after MC with that performace.last night. I would drop them way down and consider getting Rochester up there.
1 bad performance against a better team in unfavorable conditions doesnt define a season.

@wasdo I think Naz got their revenge when #50 cheap shotted Odeluga knocking him to the ground and then #45 stood over him and gave him fake chest compressions. Your not proud of MC, you use this board to bash Lenti being replaced. That’s your right but don’t insult these kids with a fake congratulations so you could use it as a springboard. There is 4 pages of this matter being discussed on the soon to be flushed MC/Naz thread
I totally agree that the hit and “cpr” were unacceptable but I think it is fair to point out the player who was hit took a late hit on a Naz player earlier. An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind, so retaliation is just as bad as instigating but I think it’s worth pointing out what may have caused it. It’s a bit foggy but here’s the link. And if I’m misidentifying anyone I sincerely apologize. The first link is the late hit you mentioned and the one below is the other

I totally agree that the hit and “cpr” were unacceptable but I think it is fair to point out the player who was hit took a late hit on a Naz player earlier. An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind, so retaliation is just as bad as instigating but I think it’s worth pointing out what may have caused it. It’s a bit foggy but here’s the link. And if I’m misidentifying anyone I sincerely apologize. The first link is the late hit you mentioned and the one below is the other
Wow i didn't even see that one. Way after the play as well.

Can you post a link to the interviews where he disses MC’s new stadium? I’d be interested to hear that

Can you post a link to the interviews where he disses MC’s new stadium? I’d be interested to hear that
It was an interview on barstool sports in August/September this year. I love Frank, he coached me and my brother, graduated from MC with my late father, but he has taken it too far.

I know for a fact that someone reached out to him because alums that he coached wanted him to come to a small gathering at the school with former players of his at the stadium and school. This would've had nothing to do with the school and just was going to be a thanks and former teams get together. He told the organizer NO but in much harsher terms. I'm really disappointed in that

He calls the stadium a “practice field with extended seating” or something like that.

Mr. Lenti’s bar is set as low as it goes with the way he left MC, airing the schools and programs dirty laundry and still crying about it in interviews this year. Even went as far to dis MC’s new stadium earlier this season....

He calls the stadium a “practice field with extended seating” or something like that.

Clearly he’s never seen a game there

Wow i didn't even see that one. Way after the play as well.
And in the back where the player couldn’t see/protect themselves. Heat of the jersey can get to us all, no matter the experience level someone is playing at. Doesn’t make it right, but can be used as a teaching moment for these young men as they move forward. Learn from it and be better.

It was an interview on barstool sports in August/September this year. I love Frank, he coached me and my brother, graduated from MC with my late father, but he has taken it too far.

I know for a fact that someone reached out to him because alums that he coached wanted him to come to a small gathering at the school with former players of his at the stadium and school. This would've had nothing to do with the school and just was going to be a thanks and former teams get together. He told the organizer NO but in much harsher terms. I'm really disappointed in that
I can feel how torn you are between your loyalty and love for Frank and the school. I just finished the watching the interview and saw Frank as a humble man in a humble house giving us his honest thoughts. I did not hear him bashing the school or the students and his other co worker teachers. He obviously has lingering feelings towards the administration but I commend him for his restraint. Regarding the discussion about the field, there was no bashing, he stated that it was his practice field that had additional seating and a press box installed. Again, not a disrespectful statement.
I also gather he’s a serious man who doesn’t sugarcoat things, as evidenced when he spoke about McNabb and McGrew. He chose McGrew but in a way that was not disrespectful to McNabb. Interesting about him discussing the veer and what coaching is meant to be. An experienced leader of men and a winner is what I got out of the interview.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT