ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the 8A Champions

• Thread starter anon_4vszfu35bv677
  • Start date
A

anon_4vszfu35bv677

Lincoln-Way East. The Beast rose up and shut out its opponent Warren giving up only 36 yards of offense, shattering the previous title game record of 156.

Hail to the best team and the best defense in Illinois this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Have to acknowledge this team’s exceptional year capped off by a convincing win against a quality opponent. LWE is to be commended on being a consistently great football program each year.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Lincoln-Way East. The Beast rose up and shut out its opponent Warren giving up only 36 yards of offense, shattering the previous record of 156.

Hail to the best team and the best defense in Illinois this year.
Who was the previous owner of the yard record?

Loyola in 2018 against Brother Rice
The all class record is 30 by JCA

Reactions: Iamjaytee
I remember two posts here that really rang true in the end, sorry I forgot the authors. 1) the game will be brick wall, brick wall, brick wall, punt...over and over. That went through my mind the whole game. And 2) the difference would be that one team had Zvonar and Pallisard on their sideline, and the other did not. And that’s no jab at Warrens coach. But I simply cannot say enough about the absolute intelligence, integrity, dedication, passion and human goodness of the men we are fortunate to have coaching up our boys into men at East. What a time we’ve had at East. Now on to more cheer state championships! Is there a board for that?

ADVERTISEMENT