ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Cam Stacey

Mateesen14

Nov 14, 2003
Watching Maine South the last 2 years, WR/DB Cam Stacey looked like the best high school player on the field almost every game(not including LWE DE). This kid had unreal ball skills and was a real football player. I imagine he doesn’t have a great 40, and didn’t have D1 offers because of that, and it made me crazy, because when you see a gamer you know it. Cam accepted a preferred walk on for the Illini, and will guarantee he will be an impact big slot receiver in the next few years.

Reactions: Bowie50
Watching Maine South the last 2 years, WR/DB Cam Stacey looked like the best high school player on the field almost every game(not including LWE DE). This kid had unreal ball skills and was a real football player. I imagine he doesn’t have a great 40, and didn’t have D1 offers because of that, and it made me crazy, because when you see a gamer you know it. Cam accepted a preferred walk on for the Illini, and will guarantee he will be an impact big slot receiver in the next few years.

Yep totally agree I almost like some of the walk ons as well as the scholarship guys to be honest...

Very good player, but the RB was the best player on the field every game. Definitely deserving of a Big Ten roster spot though.

Last edited:
This kid will have a scholarship by his second year at U of I. He’s a stud.

Edgy,

I remember watching him in youth ball and then watching his play during this years first game against GBW and knowing he is a gamer. I have to admit though I am perplexed by how he is not in the list of 600+ kids on your recruiting board for the class of 2018.

Yep totally agree I almost like some of the walk ons as well as the scholarship guys to be honest...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT