ADVERTISEMENT

Confessions????

TigerforFlyers

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2018
I hope that this post doesn’t end up going out of bounds, especially dealing with Best Team in the State comments.

But I was wondering is there a thread where people come to confess how wrong they were with their predictions of game outcomes?? If there is anyone solid enough to just admit that they were wrong?

Reactions: Wolffan64
I hope that this post doesn’t end up going out of bounds, especially dealing with Best Team in the State comments.

But I was wondering is there a thread where people come to confess how wrong they were with their predictions of game outcomes?? If there is anyone solid enough to just admit that they were wrong?

I already did in one post about MC. Do you need a hug as well?

I’ll admit I wasn’t as invested and a bit more careful than many. Of course I had my Flyers and I had Mt. Carmel and although I never verbalized it, I was pulling for St. Rita and Warren.

I was wrong in the kings challenge about Naz over MC. I thought because when MS played MC we lost with QB #4. The game was close so for sure I thought mighty Naz with all of their studs would dominate. I believed the hype on the board about them. I was wrong and should have known MC was special this year. Not flashy or sexy but good old fashioned grind you down CCL Blue special.

How far are we going back?

When the playoffs started I thought JCA would win 5A. I also had Loyola in 8A, but admitted it was just a guess.

Once the championships were set I thought Rochester vs Rita was a toss up. I was wrong on that.

I thought ESL would manhandle PR. I was wrong on that.

I didn't know what to expect in 7A.

And I predicted LWE would win 17-3. Figured AJ would get loose a couple times and that the FG kickers would play a role. Also figured Warren wouldn't do much on offense at all.

How far are we going back?

When the playoffs started I thought JCA would win 5A. I also had Loyola in 8A, but admitted it was just a guess.

Once the championships were set I thought Rochester vs Rita was a toss up. I was wrong on that.

I thought ESL would manhandle PR. I was wrong on that.

I didn't know what to expect in 7A.

And I predicted LWE would win 17-3. Figured AJ would get loose a couple times and that the FG kickers would play a role. Also figured Warren wouldn't do much on offense at all.
You likely were a lone wolf in thinking ESL would manhandle a very good PR team. But, what the heck, we’ve all been wrong before.

Reactions: Gene K.

Whatever your going through it's gonna be okay little buddy!

Reactions: Wolffan64
I’ll admit I wasn’t as invested and a bit more careful than many. Of course I had my Flyers and I had Mt. Carmel and although I never verbalized it, I was pulling for St. Rita and Warren.
Wow what a Savage you are, repent now! Lol

Two things I was dead wrong on:

1. I did not see Rochester shutting down Rita's offense and Kaleb Brown as well as they did. I expected Rita's defense to struggle stopping the Rockets' offense, but the extent to which Rochester shut down Rita's offense was a big surprise to me.
2. I knew MC's defense was very good, but I did not think they'd be as dominant against the Naz offense as they were. Naz basically had one offensive play, the 64-yard screen pass for a TD. Other than that, the MC defense completely dominated the Naz offense. I did not see the Naz QB struggling to the extent that he did either.

The other two games went about as expected, IMO. PR is a very good team. They hung around for most of the game before the Flyers pulled away. I was impressed with the Flyers' defense in the 2nd half. And you knew their offense would put up points and break big plays. I guess given the weather conditions and defenses, the 8A game was not much of a surprise. LWE went very conservative, and it worked. Can't argue with their strategy, but that was a tough game to watch. LWE did what they needed to do to get the win. The Warren offense was just completely overmatched. Didn't make for a very exciting game.

Two things I was dead wrong on:

1. I did not see Rochester shutting down Rita's offense and Kaleb Brown as well as they did. I expected Rita's defense to struggle stopping the Rockets' offense, but the extent to which Rochester shut down Rita's offense was a big surprise to me.
2. I knew MC's defense was very good, but I did not think they'd be as dominant against the Naz offense as they were. Naz basically had one offensive play, the 64-yard screen pass for a TD. Other than that, the MC defense completely dominated the Naz offense. I did not see the Naz QB struggling to the extent that he did either.

The other two games went about as expected, IMO. PR is a very good team. They hung around for most of the game before the Flyers pulled away. I was impressed with the Flyers' defense in the 2nd half. And you knew their offense would put up points and break big plays. I guess given the weather conditions and defenses, the 8A game was not much of a surprise. LWE went very conservative, and it worked. Can't argue with their strategy, but that was a tough game to watch. LWE did what they needed to do to get the win. The Warren offense was just completely overmatched. Didn't make for a very exciting game.

I think weather was a significant factor in the 7A contest. The rain held out pretty much our entire game just before it. I really hate that when the stakes are high that weather can be a contributing factor, but I guess it’s just a part of Midwest football. Or I guess anywhere other than the west and southern coasts regarding unfavorable temps.

Reactions: Gene K.
You clearly didn't read the board then. Everyone figured a clock. Some PR faithful disagreed though.

Stop with the Bull Shit! Not one true football person predicted a team running the triple option would get clocked. The score was 43-14 before ESL removed starter. You are so bent on going against ESL that you are disrespecting a very good and proven PR team.

I was wrong about St Rita. I thought they would physically dominate the rockets. Figured the results would be more in line with MC and Naz actual results.

I knew MC would make things very difficult for Naz but I didn’t expect total domination. I thought it would be a chess match to the very end.

I picked a Montini-JCA rematch in King's Challenge and that didn't happen. I did hit on the 6A, 7A, 8A championship game participants and outcomes but so did half the entries.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I already did in one post about MC. Do you need a hug as well?

Again, a legitimate question by someone is met by a snotty response from you?

Why is it necessary to be so negative and mean-spirited? If you're trying to be clever, you fell flat -- like so many times before.

You said once that you were in your 50s. I can't believe that a man that old would be so puerile.

I didn't and don't make predictions on any HS football game. Anything can happen and usually does. Plus the snide remarks made by others after making a bad prediction is not something I want to deal with due to my sensitive feelings and senior citizen status. Remember to respect your elders!!! LOL. All kidding aside the biggest surprise to me was MC dominating Naz as I didn't see that happening.

I had Naz over mc by two tds and had my doubts about lynch as a HC when he was hired but boy was I wrong. Such an impressive performance last night and season. Credit to em.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
You clearly didn't read the board then. Everyone figured a clock. Some PR faithful disagreed though.

Along with ESL faithful. Anyone with any common sense knows that any team that runs the triple option effectively is difficult to defend. ESL showed that it is possible to make crucial stops against it and capitalize offensively.

If you thought otherwise, as you have already admitted, well........in the nicest terms, you’re not very good at football analytics.

Reactions: Odirty
I once rode my bike to the KMart on Pulaski [RIP] and went to buy some cards. I was picking out packs when I saw there were cards all over the bottom of the shelving unit. I reached down, grabbed one and quickly shoved it in my pocket. I purchased three packs of Topps, and a Fleer Update pack, and coolly walked outside. Once I broke the doorway I bolted for my bike, which had been stolen, the lock cut... [Karma IS UNDEFEATED]. I then pulled the card out to see my bounty... Eddie Fricking Taubensee...

I learned a lesson that day.

I once rode my bike to the KMart on Pulaski [RIP] and went to buy some cards. I was picking out packs when I saw there were cards all over the bottom of the shelving unit. I reached down, grabbed one and quickly shoved it in my pocket. I purchased three packs of Topps, and a Fleer Update pack, and coolly walked outside. Once I broke the doorway I bolted for my bike, which had been stolen, the lock cut... [Karma IS UNDEFEATED]. I then pulled the card out to see my bounty... Eddie Fricking Taubensee...

Talk about taking it dry. Eddie Taubensee...

Pretty severe and immediate lesson learned. A kid’s bike was his world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT