ADVERTISEMENT

Conferences and districts?

Undercenter3rd1

Nov 19, 2018
Should be set up on helmet count on average over 5 yr periods!Very easy my 50 players against your 50 players.Not enrollment,to many large enrollment schools have low participation in football.Your average powerhouse 8A team will have from 60 to 80 kids on roster!7A 40 to 60.There are 3 to 4 thousand enrollment schools that have 30 kids on the sidelines playing against 80 kids!Now with no sophomore squad,some schools will be over 80 and 90 on the sidelines.

It's not an awful Idea, but I can see teams having cuts now to stay in the lower brackets then. You take a team like H.F. lets say. They usually have 80 kids on the sidelines. They cut those 30 scout players for the year they are now facing the 50 player schools with a lot more quality players. It is an easy way for a team to drop from 8a to 7a. Just my thought.

Reactions: Schwab54
It's not an awful Idea, but I can see teams having cuts now to stay in the lower brackets then. You take a team like H.F. lets say. They usually have 80 kids on the sidelines. They cut those 30 scout players for the year they are now facing the 50 player schools with a lot more quality players. It is an easy way for a team to drop from 8a to 7a. Just my thought.
Lol I could see that

Should be set up on helmet count on average over 5 yr periods!Very easy my 50 players against your 50 players.Not enrollment,to many large enrollment schools have low participation in football.Your average powerhouse 8A team will have from 60 to 80 kids on roster!7A 40 to 60.There are 3 to 4 thousand enrollment schools that have 30 kids on the sidelines playing against 80 kids!Now with no sophomore squad,some schools will be over 80 and 90 on the sidelines.
When I played at Palatine as a junior our varsity team had less than 35. That's just what was there. Then the next year we had 60. That's for a school that is perennially 8A now. That would be a huge swing in class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT