ADVERTISEMENT

Communist/Conspiracy Theorist MW likely not to join agiain

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
The area of GW, average home price of 1.2 mil, not ritzy enough for the prolitariat killer MW, so I'm not sure why I am even asking....but it's a tradition, so here goes.

MW, would you like to join Bones, Dean, USD, and me at GW saturday? Or will you be taking part in a dressage somewhere. Pardon the tone, but after 17 years, this question is getting old and played.

The area of GW, average home price of 1.2 mil, not ritzy enough for the prolitariat killer MW, so I'm not sure why I am even asking....but it's a tradition, so here goes.

MW, would you like to join Bones, Dean, USD, and me at GW saturday? Or will you be taking part in a dressage somewhere. Pardon the tone, but after 17 years, this question is getting old and played.

Wow kicked to the curb already

Talked to MW im May. He said his daughter in law was expecting around Labor Day, so he may be real busy, but I will contact him now.

JC:

An important caveat applies, but I will meet you for a game. Anyone as persistent as you deserves a meeting. The caveat is any meeting must take place at the LA-Phillips game.

I regret not being able to greet the chorus line of edgy alum at GW-MS Saturday afternoon, but the dawn of the football brings changes to my relationship with the wife.

I am not ashamed to admit I obey her commands in the off season, but during the football season obedience morphs into often tense negotiations for three precious hours on Friday evenings. I have plans to head to the LA-Phillips game with two LA fans and another neighbor whose son graduated a few years back.

I asked Guerin to pass my e-mail off to you if you can accept this offer.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
MWitt,
I know you are a man of credentials and honor. I'm curious as to your take on the photo op posted this weekend by the Ramblers football team. I would be shocked if you weren't aware.

MWitt,
I know you are a man of credentials and honor. I'm curious as to your take on the photo op posted this weekend by the Ramblers football team. I would be shocked if you weren't aware.

PRokie:

No, I am not aware of any images involving the team. Judging from your post, I assume it was particularly egregious or inflammatory in nature. I posted for the first time in six months today and did as much only because I was alerted to Mr. Hilltopper's invitation by the venerable Guerin, so I have been quite out of the loop.

If you are unwilling to post the image on edgy, I would be grateful for a link. I will make my own judgement and get back to you. I, however, am not interested in a protracted back-and-forth exchange, so if your intent is to start as much, then please, for the sake of humanity, don't post either.

Aside from this little mystery, I do hope Maine South enjoys another fruitful season.

MW Thank you for the well wishes. I myself only got on today to see if it had surfaced

The image is not one that should be in a public forum... that being said, if you pm me an email
Address, I'd send along. It was on Instagram, so not being a user, I have no idea if it is available.

MW Thank you for the well wishes. I myself only got on today to see if it had surfaced

The image is not one that should be in a public forum... that being said, if you pm me an email
Address, I'd send along. It was on Instagram, so not being a user, I have no idea if it is available.

PRokie:

If you have a link, by all means put it in a PM to me.

An inspired hunch on my part says it is a particularly tasteless image, which I know would cause me to blush. As far as what the image contains, I would dare to speculate if it violated school or team policy, it would be met with a punishment by the school's administration and John. Both the school and John have a history of meeting violations with an appropriate punishment.

If it does not qualify as a violation to either school or team policy, but is as tawdry as you imply, don't count me among the nitwits who will search for excuses to whitewash teen behavior or dismiss it as "boys being boys." I have grown tired of the traveling circus of enablers who either rationalize or ignore this crude conduct among our youth.

Solid as always MW.
Once I get on a pc I'll see if I can send you the image itself.

I have never PM before here... I'm usually on my phone...

Might someone enlighten me

The entire Rambler squad in Bernie shirts
What's wrong with that.

265790e9aac385c325c0db99bb558570644e0daf7dd2dcbfdb17e97fdfa8e1ee.jpg

Reactions: epicbret
Obviously I am missing something as I don't see where to start conversation

The image is half the team in their uniforms forming the shape of a large p...s. The optics do not look good for the school - but it's not that big of a deal. It'll blow over. Maybe demote the captains or talk to the leaders on the team. It may bring them closer together.

The image is half the team in their uniforms forming the shape of a large p...s. The optics do not look good for the school - but it's not that big of a deal. It'll blow over. Maybe demote the captains or talk to the leaders on the team. It may bring them closer together.

Would you want this image of your team? I think not. I would expect a school with the standards of LA to come down pretty hard on the boys.

Cclman:

This doesn't offend your sensibilities?

I could not disagree more with your remarks. Perhaps my life belongs in the last century, but an image of a good number of LA's football team, wearing the school uniform, on school property, forming a male genitalia, and thrown up on social media for public consumption is a problem. Moreover, this occurred on school property in broad daylight.

Consider this: To form such an image required more than just two minutes; I suspect it involved as many as twenty minutes to organize and capture. Worse, these idiots cooed over the image and decided to put it on social media.

I am not suggesting this juvenile and witless act occurred with the knowledge or approval of anyone associated with the football staff or school, but since it occurred in broad daylight on school grounds, I am likely to suspect some adults were, at the very least, milling around. I am not aware of any school which allows such a large number of students access to school grounds unattended.

To your remark about punishing team captains, why punish them if they were not involved with this idiotic act?

If this board knows about this grotesque image, the school is aware. I anticipate some form of punishment to be handed down.

It'll blow over.

Was this intentional?

Last edited:
Cclman:

This doesn't offend your sensibilities?

I could not disagree more with your remarks. Perhaps my life belongs in the last century, but an image of a good number of LA's football team, wearing the school uniform, on school property, forming a male genitalia, and thrown up on social media for public consumption is a problem. Moreover, this occurred on school property in broad daylight.

Consider this: To form such an image required more than just two minutes; I suspect it involved as many as twenty minutes to organize and capture. Worse, these idiots cooed over the image and decided to put it on social media.

I am not suggesting this juvenile and witless act occurred with the knowledge or approval of anyone associated with the football staff or school, but since it occurred in broad daylight on school grounds, I am likely to suspect some adults were, at the very least, milling around. I am not aware of any school which allows such a large number of students access to school grounds unattended.

To your remark about punishing team captains, why punish them if they were not involved with this idiotic act?

If this board knows about this grotesque image, the school is aware. I anticipate some form of punishment to be handed down.

Was this intentional?
M; I am not disagreeing with you that the optics are not good. But the reality is that at worst, some people may be offended by the picture but no one can claim to be actually hurt by it. I'm sure coach JH will deal with it in some manner and as I said it will blow over. I mentioned the captains because I was told that some are in the photo. I am not advocating what punishment should be taken, or not. That's up to the school and their coaches. From what I understand, it's the top school in the northshore and the suburbs up there and you don't get to that level by not cultivating smart decisions and fixing the wrong ones. I am certain it will be handled properly with a subtle hand.

M; I am not disagreeing with you that the optics are not good. But the reality is that at worst, some people may be offended by the picture but no one can claim to be actually hurt by it. I'm sure coach JH will deal with it in some manner and as I said it will blow over. I mentioned the captains because I was told that some are in the photo. I am not advocating what punishment should be taken, or not. That's up to the school and their coaches. From what I understand, it's the top school in the northshore and the suburbs up there and you don't get to that level by not cultivating smart decisions and fixing the wrong ones. I am certain it will be handled properly with a subtle hand.

I think with Lake Zurich still fresh in the minds of many.... there is less tolerance for issues/situations that are on the slippery slope headed towards...well....no need to dig up those sorted details (probably read more about them in the next round of lawsuits). .

I think with Lake Zurich still fresh in the minds of many.... there is less tolerance for issues/situations that are on the slippery slope headed towards...well....no need to dig up those sorted details (probably read more about them in the next round of lawsuits). .
Yes - Lake Zurich was bad indeed. Let's not forget that it was actual assault ( sexual, from what is being publicly said ) and otherwise and all the tawdry acts that come with it. That was disgusting for us to hear, but more importantly, life altering for the poor victims. This LA picture is nothing more than these athletes being knuckleheads. The optics are not good, but again, they did not intend to nor did they actually hurt anyone in form or function. Comparing this to Lake Zurich is comparing jaywalking to a murder. Both are crimes, but we all obviously see the distinction.
I like the extra laps idea. lol.

Yes - Lake Zurich was bad indeed. Let's not forget that it was actual assault ( sexual, from what is being publicly said ) and otherwise and all the tawdry acts that come with it. That was disgusting for us to hear, but more importantly, life altering for the poor victims. This LA picture is nothing more than these athletes being knuckleheads. The optics are not good, but again, they did not intend to nor did they actually hurt anyone in form or function. Comparing this to Lake Zurich is comparing jaywalking to a murder. Both are crimes, but we all obviously see the distinction.
I like the extra laps idea. lol.

Totally agree - but if you dig into the acquisitions - the LZ started off many years ago as "knucklehead" behavior and morphed into what happened last year. Hence my "slippery Slope" comment. I think a lot of schools and programs are looking at nipping this stuff early so it doesn't warp into something hideous down the road with each class trying to "one up" the prior year in knuckleheads behavior so to speak.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT