ADVERTISEMENT

Clown Cup Week #5- Moving Week

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
It's Week #5 and teams have their chance to stay in contention for a league title or they can fall by the wayside.

37 Points
ClownBaby

36 Points
Falcon 86
PowerI66
Googertys Dog

35 Points
Batavia Dogs

34 Points
Falcon Dad
Panthers1211

31 Points
MarkMalcuso

30 Points
King MJ
Stl705
Big Daddy Looch

26 Points
Bobby the Buffon

26 Points
Big Groff

18 Points
Dapeich

This Weeks Games:

St Charles East @ WWS
Batavia @ Glenbard North
Geneva @ Wheaton North
St Charles North @ Lake Park

4. WWS- The Tigers roll and stay healthy for their week #6 showdown with St Charles North

3. St Charles North- See above

2. Wheaton North- The Vikings are much improved this year but won't have enough to sneak by the Falcons.

1. Batavia- The O/U on passes completed in the game is 1, the O/U on ice packs used after it is 65. This game will be played in a phone booth and will be pretty damn physical.

4-SCN
3-WWS
2-GEN
1-GBN

More than fair of you as the leader to be the first to publish your picks. I have to take some chances this week or end up as an "also ran". 2nd place or lower is meaningless.

I love how Clowny is all sprite this week when W-W-S's victory was handed to them(6 turnovers), it wasn't some great defensive scheme as he proclaims.. However a win is a win and I'm happy for the Clown because he takes this shit way too serious..

STN - No Brainer
WWS - Same
WN - Same
Batavia - I'll take the over on pass completions, Batavia will have at least 2

Quick q.. Just curious on the meaning of the waving during kick offs..

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
looks like Lake park may be covided. SCE posted an ask for a week 6 game online

looks like Lake park may be covided. SCE posted an ask for a week 6 game online
I think you meant SCN posted the ask. SCE plays WWS.

And why no risks in your clown cup picks? You happy to settle for middle of the pack? :)

I love how Clowny is all sprite this week when W-W-S's victory was handed to them(6 turnovers), it wasn't some great defensive scheme as he proclaims.. However a win is a win and I'm happy for the Clown because he takes this shit way too serious..

STN - No Brainer
WWS - Same
WN - Same

I guess Batavia doesn’t lose they only hand victories away, curious why they also elected to do it on the JV, Soph and freshman levels also since they went 0-5 on the weekend. Hopefully you guys are generous next year and let us win again.

Reactions: dapiech
Now I can certainly see why you don't need to take any risks being a single point out but how do you intend to "box the clown" by matching his picks?
Picks aren't exactly the same, he's ridin high on his Tigers after their glorious defeat of the almighty Bulldogs of Batavia..

I guess Batavia doesn’t lose they only hand victories away, curious why they also elected to do it on the JV, Soph and freshman levels also since they went 0-5 on the weekend. Hopefully you guys are generous next year and let us win again.
No, Batavia lost fair and square by defensive genius and will lose to W-W-S for the next four to five years.. It's all good.. BTW, I think the entire Oline and Dline of WWS played in the JV game..

Shout out to BataviaDogs1, the Batavia sophs lost for the first time in 4-5 years.. Coach K is a cool dude and his players love him.

It's Week #5 and teams have their chance to stay in contention for a league title or they can fall by the wayside.

37 Points
ClownBaby

36 Points
Falcon 86
PowerI66
Googertys Dog

35 Points
Batavia Dogs

34 Points
Falcon Dad
Panthers1211

31 Points
MarkMalcuso

30 Points
King MJ
Stl705
Big Daddy Looch

26 Points
Bobby the Buffon

26 Points
Big Groff

18 Points
Dapeich

This Weeks Games:

St Charles East @ WWS
Batavia @ Glenbard North
Geneva @ Wheaton North
4-WN
3-WWS
2-SCN
1-BAT

37 Points
ClownBaby

36 Points
Falcon 86
PowerI66
Googertys Dog

35 Points
Batavia Dogs

34 Points
Falcon Dad
Panthers1211

31 Points
MarkMalcuso

30 Points
King MJ
Stl705
Big Daddy Looch

26 Points
Bobby the Buffon

26 Points
Big Groff

18 Points
Dapeich

This Weeks Games:

St Charles East @ WWS
Batavia @ Glenbard North
Geneva @ Wheaton North
4 - SCN
3 - WWS
2 - Batavia
1 - WN

37 Points
ClownBaby

36 Points
Falcon 86
PowerI66
Googertys Dog

35 Points
Batavia Dogs

34 Points
Falcon Dad
Panthers1211

31 Points
MarkMalcuso

30 Points
King MJ
Stl705
Big Daddy Looch

26 Points
Bobby the Buffon

26 Points
Big Groff

18 Points
Dapeich

This Weeks Games:

St Charles East @ WWS
Batavia @ Glenbard North
Geneva @ Wheaton North
Batavia
WWS
STCN
WN

No, Batavia lost fair and square by defensive genius and will lose to W-W-S for the next four to five years.. It's all good.. BTW, I think the entire Oline and Dline of WWS played in the JV game..

Shout out to BataviaDogs1, the Batavia sophs lost for the first time in 4-5 years.. Coach K is a cool dude and his players love him.
Thanks man. It is a pleasure to teach and coach in Batavia. Great students, players, and coaches to work with. Look forward to be in the classroom, on the field, or weight room everyday. #12family34team

37 Points
ClownBaby

36 Points
Falcon 86
PowerI66
Googertys Dog

35 Points
Batavia Dogs

34 Points
Falcon Dad
Panthers1211

31 Points
MarkMalcuso

30 Points
King MJ
Stl705
Big Daddy Looch

26 Points
Bobby the Buffon

26 Points
Big Groff

18 Points
Dapeich

This Weeks Games:

St Charles East @ WWS
Batavia @ Glenbard North
Geneva @ Wheaton North
4 - WWS
3 - SCN
2 - WN
1 - Batavia

37 Points
ClownBaby

36 Points
Falcon 86
PowerI66
Googertys Dog

35 Points
Batavia Dogs

34 Points
Falcon Dad
Panthers1211

31 Points
MarkMalcuso

30 Points
King MJ
Stl705
Big Daddy Looch

26 Points
Bobby the Buffon

26 Points
Big Groff

18 Points
Dapeich

This Weeks Games:

St Charles East @ WWS
Batavia @ Glenbard North
Geneva @ Wheaton North

4. Stn
3. Wws
2. WN
1. Batavia

STN - No Brainer
WWS - Same
WN - Same

I’m sure the the WWS D had nothing to do with those 6 turnovers or Batavia giving up 30+ points and basically being shut out for the first time in 20 years. And I love it when people try to make things personal (e.g. CB, you’re too into this) because it proves that you’’ve won the argument. Well done CB!

I’m sure the the WWS D had nothing to do with those 6 turnovers or Batavia giving up 30+ points and basically being shut out for the first time in 20 years. And I love it when people try to make things personal (e.g. CB, you’re too into this) because it proves that you’’ve won the argument. Well done CB!
There was no argument to lose.. Just pointed out some factors of the fair and square win..

What I love is so called knowledgeable football fans not being honest, while being an embarrassing homer.. Didn't realize 6 turnovers 4 in the WWS red zone and 2 in their own were caused by some great defensive scheme that's all.. Using "basically" is a sign of making no argument..

Just curious why GBN didn't watch the WWS Batavia game film, oh yeah, Batavia had more than 1 completion too, maybe 4.....

Last edited:
So have SCE and LP just decided not to play in Week 6. I don't see anything scheduled for either winless team this upcoming weekend. Would be a shame if at least one of them missed a chance to get a W in an otherwise forgettable year for both.

So have SCE and LP just decided not to play in Week 6. I don't see anything scheduled for either winless team this upcoming weekend. Would be a shame if at least one of them missed a chance to get a W in an otherwise forgettable year for both.
I think LP out due to COViD still.

Reactions: Fisk72
There was no argument to lose.. Just pointed out some factors of the fair and square win..

What I love is so called knowledgeable football fans not being honest, while being an embarrassing homer.. Didn't realize 6 turnovers 4 in the WWS red zone and 2 in their own were caused by some great defensive scheme that's all.. Using "basically" is a sign of making no argument..

Just curious why GBN didn't watch the WWS Batavia game film, oh yeah, Batavia had more than 1 completion too, maybe 4.....
They avoided the shutout on the last play of the game against the 2nd team. So yes, basically a shutout. And the fact that you aren't giving credit to their D, further illustrates either your completely blind bias or utter ignorance. I'm pretty sure they didn't just fumble or throw INT's untouched or without pressure.

They avoided the shutout on the last play of the game against the 2nd team. So yes, basically a shutout. And the fact that you aren't giving credit to their D, further illustrates either your completely blind bias or utter ignorance. I'm pretty sure they didn't just fumble or throw INT's untouched or without pressure.
So basically saying that it was a fair win and not making excuses like some do isn't giving kudo's to WWS.. I apologize for making this personal, wasn't my intention.. Again, my main point if you look at the posts is about the great defensive scheme that WWS had, that's it.. I made no excuses and said the win was fair n square.. Basically the ignorance is coming from you..

Were you at the game, doubt it? If you were, you would understand what I'm saying.. Both offenses couldn't move the ball the whole game, except the ONE sustained drive by WWS, I'm pretty sure totals yards were similar, Batavia did have more rushing yards that I do know.. Sorry for challenging someone who probably wasn't even at the game calling out some great defensive scheme that he probably played back in the day was instrumental in the victory..

Btw the way our second team scored on their second team.. So no shutout, not even maybe, basically or whatever..

Lake Park missed this week also so guessing everyone didn’t decide to “Just not play”. SCE has a game scheduled for this week against New Trier according to their website.

So basically saying that it was a fair win and not making excuses like some do isn't giving kudo's to WWS.. I apologize for making this personal, wasn't my intention.. Again, my main point if you look at the posts is about the great defensive scheme that WWS had, that's it.. I made no excuses and said the win was fair n square.. Basically the ignorance is coming from you..

Were you at the game, doubt it? If you were, you would understand what I'm saying.. Both offenses couldn't move the ball the whole game, except the ONE sustained drive by WWS, I'm pretty sure totals yards were similar, Batavia did have more rushing yards that I do know.. Sorry for challenging someone who probably wasn't even at the game calling out some great defensive scheme that he probably played back in the day was instrumental in the victory..

Btw the way our second team scored on their second team.. So no shutout, not even maybe, basically or whatever..
I wasn't at the game since visitor fans weren't allowed in. But I did watch the game. I guess the main point is that the defense caused the turnovers and they should get credit for that. Whether or not it was the "scheme" is too subjective to know for sure, but there are some interesting possibilities. Maybe WWS saw something on film that showed Batavia not securing the ball and decided to be more aggressive with stripping the ball. Maybe they knew that a WR would be starting at QB and they were going to pressure him more with more guys in the box to force him out of his comfort zone. Urweiler looked very uncomfortable back there. Those are at least 2 plausible options that directly correlate to a "scheme". Knowing WWS, their D coordinator prepped their defense well to exploit the weaknesses. Either way, Batavia scored less than any other game in more than 10 years. A very embarrassing loss, but something that happens to everyone at some point.

I wasn't at the game since visitor fans weren't allowed in. But I did watch the game. I guess the main point is that the defense caused the turnovers and they should get credit for that. Whether or not it was the "scheme" is too subjective to know for sure, but there are some interesting possibilities. Maybe WWS saw something on film that showed Batavia not securing the ball and decided to be more aggressive with stripping the ball. Maybe they knew that a WR would be starting at QB and they were going to pressure him more with more guys in the box to force him out of his comfort zone. Urweiler looked very uncomfortable back there. Those are at least 2 plausible options that directly correlate to a "scheme". Knowing WWS, their D coordinator prepped their defense well to exploit the weaknesses. Either way, Batavia scored less than any other game in more than 10 years. A very embarrassing loss, but something that happens to everyone at some point.
Mountain meet mole hill...

Obviously you root for a team that Batavia has embarrassed many times, unless you're from Naz..:)

ADVERTISEMENT