ADVERTISEMENT

Class 5A Semis

Stable: I didn't state anything that is not true. I also did not say anything negative about Sterling high school or its players. And I am not dumb or naive. The main advantage that Montini and other schools have in the Chicagoland area is the number of students that can play different sports versus the smaller population of Sterling. That advantage is diluted by the many different public and privates schools in the Chicagoland area these students can choose from. Also the success factor put in by IHSA further dilutes some of that advantage. The kids I know who went to Montini, Benet, or Naz were very good football, baseball, wrestling, basketball players who wanted to go to a school where they could excel in their respective sports and get top notch coaching, and maybe get to play in a state championship. Also to get a great education in a welcoming environment. Nothing to be ashamed about that type of advantage regardless of what anyone else might perceive

You are kind of making my point for me. If a kid who values the athletics at Montini wants to go there he is allowed given he lives within 30 miles. As you said Montini sits in a great area to have a large population to chose from and has the ability to reach out to.

Sterling doesn’t have that option for kids from all surrounding towns to come to Sterling if they like what Sterling has to offer.

I said in an earlier post I don’t blame or think those schools should be ashamed of playing by the rules set in front of them. It is a distinct advantage though. I know we are not going to see it the same and we all know this topic is a dead horse.

I think it was $100,000 not $50,000. Lol
according to this it was north of $200k. https://www.saukvalley.com/2018/08/10/screen-play-at-sterling-high-school/aqhb66d/ re$our$e$ - from what i can tell or what i'm told,the foundation is partially/mostly funded by donations from a local benefactor close to the 7 figure range annually with assets (endowment) approaching 8 figures. This is not a booster club.
re$our$e$ this is there video production equipment

according to this it was north of $200k. https://www.saukvalley.com/2018/08/10/screen-play-at-sterling-high-school/aqhb66d/ re$our$e$ - from what i can tell or what i'm told,the foundation is partially/mostly funded by donations from a local benefactor close to the 7 figure range annually with assets (endowment) approaching 8 figures. This is not a booster club.
re$our$e$ this is there video production equipment

yes, i'd say that's accurate. i'm not sure what your point is though.

Reactions: Stable42
i guess my point is that sterling has almost unlimited re$sour$e$. many could think it causes them to be quite pretentious or ostentatious.

ADVERTISEMENT